Deloitte

Updated 10 Dec 2014
Updated 10 Dec 2014

305 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte in September 2012.

Applied through school's career center. Had on campus interview, which was split into two parts. First thirty minute case interview with one person followed by another thirty minute behavioral with someone different. Case interviewer was nice but given a tough case to work with. Behavioral interviewer less friendly asking questions from list. Second round interviews were the next day with one long interview with two interviewers

Interview Questions
  • Case involving the establishment and training of a new software required by the US government for a worldwide medical company   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte.

I was hired via Naukri.com. Was invited to the office where about 1400 other candidates across al technologies and upto 9 years of experience were present.
    There were 3 F2F rounds.
    Round 1: Core Technical: Was grilled on core java, spring, JDBC and HIbernate, Most questions were on OOPS concepts, multithreading, classloading, serialisation, even reflection, The interviewer tried to confuse me with absolutely no expression on his face whenever I answered. I had no hopes of getting through Until he told me I was clear
    Round 2: Taken By a manager. Was asked to write some SQL queries. Also was asked to write the Java API String Reverse code.
    Round 3: Was asked questions based on project by another manager. Was told about the tough working environment I should expect here.
    Round 4: Versant test. Basically tests your grasp on US accent.

Interview Questions
    • What does Class mean when we write class.forName in JDBC   Answer Question
    No point negotiating. They wont listen. But they make decent offer at first.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte.

I was recruited via campus recruitment. First round was an online aptitude test, basic questions, speed and accuracy were the key to cracking it. The results were declared a week later. The second and third rounds were held in the same day. The second round involved a Case Study about a firm planning to expand it's business via database management and other technical enhancements to the existing business, this was followed by 4 questions; working in a team of 8 people, we were supposed to come up with the answers to these questions. The third round was the personal interview, the interviewer checked my basic coding skills, asked me about my internships and interests.

Interview Questions
    • I mentioned in my interests that I'm a keen follower of International economics, my interview asked me to explain the crisis in European Union and what I think Deloitte should do to while dealing with clients who are unable to pay their fees.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

This is for the Business Technology Analyst summer internship program.

I heard about this position through a recruiter at a networking event, and then applied online. I heard back several weeks later and was told that I had been selected for the first round of interviews.

The first round consisted of a 30 minute behavioral phone interview where I spoke with one of the directors of the department. He went through my resume and asked why I wanted to work at Deloitte. He also asked a few behavioral questions which weren't too difficult. I listed a couple of the tricky ones below.

Two days later I received a call saying that I had been selected for the second round of interviews which were at the Deloitte office. The format of this round was two 1:1 case interviews, each 30 minutes long. The questions were similar to the sample case interviews that are online, so I found that helpful to prepare. The interviewers also went through my resume and asked me some questions pertaining to my past work experience.

All of the interviewers were extremely nice and easy to talk to which took some of the pressure off. I followed up with an email and heard back about a week later where I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest hardship you've faced in the past couple of years?
      Give an example of a time where you dealt with ambiguity.

Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

College recruitment- on campus interview. First interview was split between 30 min behavioral and 30 min case. Case was about health clinics that are doing everything manually and want to integrate a system- what are the requirements you need to gather? What would you tell to the stakeholders? What if the doctors say they don't have time to come to training? The CEO is worried that you are not going to complete the integration on time what would you do? They are worried that the information will not be secure and personal clients information will be exposed what will you do? Both the recruiter and the case-interviewer were very nice. Got an email the same night that I'm moving to final round interviews 2 days after. The final round was 30 min. Case interview with a manager. Very nice and helpful guy. Question was about build/buy a system: an insurance company wants to change the current system and they are debating if they should build a new system or buy- what are the pros and cons of each situation, how would you motivate employees to use the new system, what requirements should you gather? The CFO is not satisfied with this change, what would you do about it? What would you tell him? How would you make sure there are no errors?
    This is everything that I remember. The website cases are kind of helpful but I think you need to google some more cases and really be prepared. Be confident! Also, just so you'd know, the compensation plan is awesome especially for an entry level position but it does require traveling 80% of the time so basically you're home only on the weekends. Good luck:)

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Applied through university. Interview was one case and one behavioral. Behavioral was really straight forward, while case was a little more difficult. After the interviews, I got called about a few hours later. Next had a networking night with an open bar tab, before going to regional office for final case interview.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

On campus interview. Given mentor to help prepare for interview beforehand. Examples can also be found on their website. Process split into two days. First day, basic behavioral interview, and then one case interview where they give you a scenario and ask you questions on how you approach them using different steps of SDLC cycle. Contacted that evening about whether passed to move on to second interview next day, which is another case interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe for given situation analytic model/solution.   View Answer

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Information session, case study workshop, first round interview (30 minute behavioral, 30 minute case study), networking dinner, second round interview (30 minute case study). Overall, a great process run by a friendly group of Deloitte employees. I felt very welcomed and interviewers seemed to be thoroughly interested in me.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Hiring process was pretty easy-- 1 case and 1 behavioral interview the first day and 1 case interview the second day. Everyone at Deloitte is super friendly which made the process easy.

No negotiation

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview process was smooth. Mostly ,questions were around core java and j2ee frameworks. If you are strong in basics and comfortable with few frameworks that would be enough. May be need to write code if required.