Deloitte

Updated 23 Oct 2014

3.2

226 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in April 2014.

I applied through a recruiter to join Deloitte Dublin. I was invited to a face to face technical interview and this was the worst interview of my life. The interview was held in London.

The reason why it was the worst interview of my life is that the interviewer was late by 45 minutes. The interview was due to start at 8 am and finish at 9 am and I had to go to work after that. The interviewer apologised but if I was the one who had been late I would've been walked out of the office.

He carried on with the interview and asked questions about C#, SQL, OOP, threads and general software engineering questions and some of his answers where wrong but he didn't know so he thought my answers where incorrect. He had about 10 years experience and I have only 2 years experience so he should have known the right answers but he didn't. As a result he said I had a few technical gaps which I did not.

I was very late for work because of his lack of punctuality but when I explained to him that I would be late to work he didn't even apologise or show empathy.

he wasn't even wearing a tie and he had rolled up sleeves in the interview yet he gave feedback that I was a bit too informal yet I had a full suit on and was very professional.

I have worked for a top 25 FTSE 100 company and a world top 20 global IT firm and have outstanding performance at both yet this guy thought I wouldn't be good enough to work at Deloitte?

After I realised that these big four firms do not want the best talent out there and are looking for people who are just good at making power point presentations and have the same level of incompetence as them.

Stay away if you are a top flight software professional!!

Interview Questions
  • Explain the difference between a mutex and a semaphore. I knew the answer and his answer was wrong but he said his was right.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Initial interview was a brief phone interview with HR Recruiter to explain the process and next steps. Followed up with 1 stage phone interview. Competency-based with focus on examples from your own work

Interview Questions
    • How would you market yourself? It appears there's a strong culture of pursuing your own opportunities if you can market yourself with senior management   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

stage one- meeting with two team members 2 hours long
    stage two- interview with partner in london
    stage three- full day in office- presentation, essay, interview and team task

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in April 2011.

2 interviews + phone interview (very short), personality tests, skills tests.

Advice: Be honest. Be yourself. They appreciate your honesty more than "the answer they want to hear". Sometimes you might feel that they want to control your answer, don't get tricked by this - answer every question truthfully. And as always, if you can back up everything you say you should do fine.

Interview Questions
    • "One reason to why you wouldn't accept an offer from us?"   Answer Question

Got a (much) better offer at another firm.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

I applied online (I currently work in this field for a competitor) for a consultant position within the Human Capital Practice: Organization, Transformation & Talent Group. Within a week a I heard from a recruiter, who setup a phone interview.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers.

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. I really appreciated that Deloitte made the effort to get someone from this office, as it is not in one of their major cities

Technical Phone Interview: Asked me about my experiences within change management consulting. He would ask me to explain things in more detail, and drill down into my examples. Advice is to again be confident, have lots of examples of the work you have done on hand, and be able to frame your examples (size of team/project, budget, what you did, results, etc).

A few days later I was invited to in-person interviews. Deloitte flew me out on a Thursday night, and back Friday afternoon. The format was 1 case and 2 behavioral. To prep, I walked through Deloitte's case prep online, made sure I had solid experiences to share for about 5 different types of questions, and had a good "story" to tell about why Deloitte and why I wanted to switch.

Case: Very straightforward. I was given the paper with the case on it. Focus was on an ERP implementation. I took my time to organize an initial response and explained how I setup/grouped the info (Strategy, opportunities, challenges). The interviewer walked me through the case, asking questions and followup questions. Key advice is to link everything back to the strategy, bring in ideas not in the case, and be able to come up with how "your" services will add value (+profit or -cost) to the company.

Behavioral: 2 separate interviews. Very similar. Be able to have solid examples that show a variety of experiences. Be personable, that is what consulting is about. Be able to show results and value from your past experiences.

Afterwards I followed up with emails. Heard back the following Tuesday via a phone call. Took about 2 weeks to work out the offer before I accepted. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and professional. Very impressed overall.

I countered the salary (which was already at the top of the Glassdoor range) and they met me in the middle. Always negotiate. One email that took 10 mins to craft pocketed me a decent sum. Also, don't sound too eager when you are offered, and take your time before writing the counter offer.

Consultant Interview

They do not even have a mobile optimized apply process so the candidate experience is frustrating from the start. For a global consulting firm this is concerning especially if they are looking to hire both fresh new talent or seasoned talent like myself who knows the gaps in this process cause loss of interest of top Talent. Desperate vs Determined.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

3 interviews: One with a manager, followed by RH, and then with an Associate. The interview with the manager comprises of a case study and other hr type questions. There is an online test for English language skills during the HR interview phase. The interview with the associate depends entirely on his mood. Normally, a conversation.

NA

Consultant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Deloitte.

I tool two interviews and a case study test. The case study was held before the final interview. I had an hour to think about the test independently and an hour to explain how and why I think so.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a politician, which would you use to say your opinion, your blog or HP? Why?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte.

There are 3 rounds in total.
    1st the aptitude test, easy to clear.
    For those who clear it, batches of 8 are made.
    Next is the case study round,in which each batch is given a case study.
    This is basically the GD and Presentation round.

Interview Questions
    • Case study was related to a company's report automation system.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte.

I was put through a total of 3 interviews, 1) behavioral; 2) short case (30-40 minutes); 3) long case (1 hour).

The interview started the minute I came off the elevator with greeters asking me about myself and discussing their experiences. They mentioned that they would provide input into the hiring process in terms of my ability to create conversation and interact with others. They greeters escorted me to a room where I waited as others were finishing up their round one interviews. I was then escorted to meet a manager who performed the behavioral interview.

Round 1 Interview:

Behavioral Interview - Lasted about 40 minutes and consisted of the manager asking me questions about my resume and experience. It was a simple discussion to learn more about my background and gauge how well I would fit within the firm based on experience and personality.

After time was up, I was escorted immediately to another room, where I was to perform a short case with another manager.

Case Study - The case was not too complex and revolved around a federal client looking to improve their tracking of IT equipment. I was able to apply the framework of People, Process, and Technology to the case and provided my response.

I received a call 3 hours after the initial two interviews and was asked to return the next day for what would be the final interview.

Round 2 Interview:

Case Study (1 hour) - I showed up to the same location as the day before and was escorted to a room where I met with a Deloitte partner. The partner was very nice and went over the premise of the case with me and asked me to solve it. I again broke it into a framework and walked them through my thought process. The partner did challenge some of my responses and asked for clarification. I was able to provide my rationale for each of his questions and he seemed satisfied. i am not sure if he was trying to make me nervous or was generally interested in how I came up with my solution?

I receive an email and a call the next day from the recruiter stating that I would be offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Please breakdown the national budget for me and explain where most of the U.S. tax dollars go. You can use dollars, percentages or fractions for the breakdown.   Answer Question
    I interviewed as part of their campus recruiting effort. Non of the students who I interviewed with were able to negotiate. I attempted but was shot down by the recruiter. We were all offered the same amount, base plus signing bonus.