Deloitte

Average Difficulty
206 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied through a recruiter to join Deloitte Dublin. I was invited to a face to face technical interview and this was the worst interview of my life. The interview was held in London.

The reason why it was the worst interview of my life is that the interviewer was late by 45 minutes. The interview was due to start at 8 am and finish at 9 am and I had to go to work after that. The interviewer apologised but if I was the one who had been late I would've been walked out of the office.

He carried on with the interview and asked questions about C#, SQL, OOP, threads and general software engineering questions and some of his answers where wrong but he didn't know so he thought my answers where incorrect. He had about 10 years experience and I have only 2 years experience so he should have known the right answers but he didn't. As a result he said I had a few technical gaps which I did not.

I was very late for work because of his lack of punctuality but when I explained to him that I would be late to work he didn't even apologise or show empathy.

he wasn't even wearing a tie and he had rolled up sleeves in the interview yet he gave feedback that I was a bit too informal yet I had a full suit on and was very professional.

I have worked for a top 25 FTSE 100 company and a world top 20 global IT firm and have outstanding performance at both yet this guy thought I wouldn't be good enough to work at Deloitte?

After I realised that these big four firms do not want the best talent out there and are looking for people who are just good at making power point presentations and have the same level of incompetence as them.

Stay away if you are a top flight software professional!!

Interview Question – Explain the difference between a mutex and a semaphore. I knew the answer and his answer was wrong but he said his was right.   Answer Question

London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied for business analysis role in A&A -3 stages - first an informal conversation with HR. 2nd meant to be f2f with director but due to unavailability in london was conducted over phone. AC is exactly what is described on the forum. Most of my time went in chasing HR to get the dates. Process went in for 3 months due to Xmas in between

Interview Question – Nothing unusual   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Too low and below my current level.

London, England

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details Applied online, was invited for an interview after completing two written questions. First interview was easy, one interviewer, two medium case studies and 6 competency questions. A bit of personal discussion, very friendly interviewer.
Made it to the second interview, again very friendly interviewer, a more difficult and long case study and no time for any other questions.
Overall the level was not that high, did not get an offer though, with the feedback just pointing the fact of lack of experience.

Interview Question – Case study of the second interview was demanding in terms of extend of questions.   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied online - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details Initial interview was a brief phone interview with HR Recruiter to explain the process and next steps. Followed up with 1 stage phone interview. Competency-based with focus on examples from your own work

Interview Question – How would you market yourself? It appears there's a strong culture of pursuing your own opportunities if you can market yourself with senior management   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details stage one- meeting with two team members 2 hours long
stage two- interview with partner in london
stage three- full day in office- presentation, essay, interview and team task

London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2012.

Interview Details Online Test, Group Interview, Partner Interview. Online interview includes numberical and verbal test. Group Interview: Case study with discussion presentation. Partner interview is just a half an hour leisure chat. generally not very difficult.

Interview Question – nth   Answer Question

London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2012.

Interview Details Stage One

Phone interview with HR - asked general questions: why Deloitte, why consulting, what would you bring to the role etc.

~

Stage Two

Phone interview with Senior Manager (would have been face to face except for his availability) - was supposed to be competency interview, but just asked general questions. Some technical questions around programme leadership/management.

~~

Stage Three

All day assessment centre (9am-4pm) with a number of people applying at all levels within the same competency. Day consisted of:

- Written exercise: provide a two day management summary of a project that is due to be implemented (provided with a slide pack)
- Presentation: case study based on problems being faced inside a company (e.g. IT problems, lack of staff morale etc) - 10 min presentation on your solutions for the problems, followed by a Q&A
- Competency interview: by the same manager who did the presentation
- Partner interview

Interview Question – why deloitte?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better offer from another consultancy

London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2011.

Interview Details 2 interviews + phone interview (very short), personality tests, skills tests.

Advice: Be honest. Be yourself. They appreciate your honesty more than "the answer they want to hear". Sometimes you might feel that they want to control your answer, don't get tricked by this - answer every question truthfully. And as always, if you can back up everything you say you should do fine.

Interview Question – "One reason to why you wouldn't accept an offer from us?"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got a (much) better offer at another firm.

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2013.

Interview Details Below are the round in Deloitte USI.
1. Technical Interview
2. Managerial interview
3. Senior Manager round
4. English Test
Once you clear the 1st round, it will not take much time to finish all other rounds. I got the offer in hand within 6 days.
Process is very smooth and the HRs are good. There are lots of opening now a days and internal references will be consider in large extent.

Interview Question – Mostly in 1st or 2nd round   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through another source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2010.

Interview Details I had two phone interviews. One with the partner, one with the project manager. My contract in DC was won by Deloitte, so after previously working with Deloitte resources, I came over with the new contract with Deloitte. Their resources worked closely with me when I was at a previous employer and they recommended me heavily for the job.

Interview Question – I had a different interview process than most will go through. Basically was a done deal as the partner wanted me to come over.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Limited negotiation, as I was out of the country when offer letter was sent

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!