Deloitte

Updated Aug 6, 2014
Updated Aug 6, 2014

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

Applied on-line and was contacted by a recruiter via a form email requesting time for an initial conversation. The initial conversation occurred less than 1 week after the form email was sent, less than 15 minutes long, and was a simple review of my experience and reasons for leaving my employers. Within 1 week, I received another email (this one from a different person in the recruiting group) confirming a technical interview with 2 Senior Managers. The technical interview included direct questions concerning the subject matter related to the role I applied for and my experience with the subject matter. The call lasted approximately 45 minutes. Approximately 1 week later, I received an email confirming the details of my trip for in-person office interviews. Within another week after confirming all of the details of my trip, I flew up to (all travel expenses paid) my in-person office interviews. I spent the night before in a local hotel and had my first interview at 9AM with a Director. The Director detailed the structure of the team and the processes associated with conducting the projects - the remainder of the time was spent answering behavioural questions; I also answered a question on my compensation, but that was the only time I was asked. The next interview was with a senior manager and was a mix of technical and behavioural questions. The third and final interview was with a manager and was highly technical. Each interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. I wrote a quick note of thanks to my recruiter and asked for the email addresses of those I interviewed with so that I may thank them as well and received a response indicating preliminary feedback was good. The next morning, I received an email from the recruiter asking that I call her back because they were ready to move forward with an offer. I immediately called my recruiter and accepted the offer, which was more than agreeable (approximately 22.2% more than my current salary and included a signing bonus). Hiring process was a series of emails requiring that I fill out the regular tax forms and email them accordingly, as well as schedule travel for my orientation session - I also had to supply recent paystubs. The entire process from the first email to the offer and acceptance was precisely 3 weeks. Start date was contingent upon orientation class schedule, which was every 2 weeks and had to allow for the background check to clear (the background check took 2 weeks).

Interview Questions
  • Do you consider yourself a process and controls person, or a technical person?   View Answer
No negotiation was necessary, as the salary and signing bonus were more than agreeable.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

Two technical interviews based on overall scope and Leadership skills testing. Both the interviews were conducted by Senior Manager ERS. Third interview was conducted by ERS Director. The Tone of the Interview was average. Interview was quite focused on the roles supposed to be performed by Senior Consultant.

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2012.

The process worked very well. They were very proactive. I felt like they were great which was not the case once I was hired and got to know them better.

Play hard to get.

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Submitted resume online, had a pre-screen phone call with HR/Talent, had 3 1 hour interviews on site with partners and was offered the job within the week. Negotiated for another week and accepted there after.

Interview Questions
    • Situation where you had to admit being wrong and how was it handled.   Answer Question
    A few back and forths on the salary with a request to increase the signing bonus

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

There was a three round interview process. The final round was a video conference round with the hiring manager. The process was smooth and fast. The interviewers knew the subject very well.

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rosslyn, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA (US)

Deloitte purchased the company I was employed by; therefore, no interview was necessary. Everyone who worked for the company came over with the same salary. Of course we received all if their benefits.

N/A, I kept the same salary.

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Day 1 was 3 sets of interviews that occurred as follows: HR interview, two senior managers interview (together), one senior manager (1:1),

Day 2 was 3 separate activities: two partner interviews (separate), lunch.

Each day took about 4 hours each. Behavioral and technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with a situation with multiple commitments that you could not deliver?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

In total was 3 interviews: One with HR (Nice interview), one with technical manager (Very tough and kind of rude), one with the partner (very nice).

Interview Questions
    • In the technical interview, there were a lot of tricky questions. Some of the questions that I didn't know the answer the interviewer said: "Really? Don't you know that?". After the interview I was feeling so bad, but surprisingly I got an offer. My perception is that they were testing my patience skills.   Answer Question
    They offered me a experience period (3 months) in a "reduced" salary, and after they said that would increase. And they did it. They are paying me what was promised.

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Excellent. Very professional and thorough interviewing process - from both technical and soft-skills perspective

touch and challenging

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2010.

They contacted me and brought me in for an interview

It took about 2 weeks, and they gave me what I asked for

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!