Deloitte

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technology Consultant Interview

Technology Consultant
London, England

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2014.

Interview Details The process starts with online psychometric tests, followed by a E-Tray day exercise where I had to manage a email box and complete a business case study. Then on the final assessment I had to review a potential client and I had an interview with a manager.

Interview Question – Question about my commercial awareness regarding a client   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied through a recruiter to join Deloitte Dublin. I was invited to a face to face technical interview and this was the worst interview of my life. The interview was held in London.

The reason why it was the worst interview of my life is that the interviewer was late by 45 minutes. The interview was due to start at 8 am and finish at 9 am and I had to go to work after that. The interviewer apologised but if I was the one who had been late I would've been walked out of the office.

He carried on with the interview and asked questions about C#, SQL, OOP, threads and general software engineering questions and some of his answers where wrong but he didn't know so he thought my answers where incorrect. He had about 10 years experience and I have only 2 years experience so he should have known the right answers but he didn't. As a result he said I had a few technical gaps which I did not.

I was very late for work because of his lack of punctuality but when I explained to him that I would be late to work he didn't even apologise or show empathy.

he wasn't even wearing a tie and he had rolled up sleeves in the interview yet he gave feedback that I was a bit too informal yet I had a full suit on and was very professional.

I have worked for a top 25 FTSE 100 company and a world top 20 global IT firm and have outstanding performance at both yet this guy thought I wouldn't be good enough to work at Deloitte?

After I realised that these big four firms do not want the best talent out there and are looking for people who are just good at making power point presentations and have the same level of incompetence as them.

Stay away if you are a top flight software professional!!

Interview Question – Explain the difference between a mutex and a semaphore. I knew the answer and his answer was wrong but he said his was right.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Graduate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2010.

Interview Details The process started with quite a detailed application form, followed by online assessments (standard graduate programme). I was invited to a first interview with one interviewer who used set competency based questions. The office seemed modern and the people were quite friendly.

Interview Question – Was asked several times for different times I had worked as part of a team or leading a team, each time was asked to use a different example.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
London, England

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2014.

Interview Details Applied using a headhunter. Process took 2 months. I had five interviews with 1 director, 3 senior managers and 1 partner. The whole process was in two phases and Deloitte was very friendly and "down to earth" regarding the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable.

Business Analyst - Strategy and Operations Interview

Business Analyst - Strategy and Operations
London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details * One short HR interview to determine my level of English
* A math and english computer based excercise
* One interview and case study with a manager
* An assessment centre comprising of a written exercise, a computer based excercise, a group excercise and an interview with a partner

Interview Question – Nothing really that I didn't expect - I got asked a lot of questions on why I chose the option I chose in the written excercise and when I said that I didn't go for the most obvious answer I got a lot of questions and a discussion around why I think that option was the most obvious.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Consultant/Senior Consultant Interview

Consultant/Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details 1st round interview with one director and one senior manager.
Split into resume, technical and competency sections. The questions were mostly straight forward apart from few tricky technical ones. Just make sure you know your resume WELL as they do go into details.

The Interviewers were friendly throughout which helped.

Risk Assistant Manager Interview

Risk Assistant Manager
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2014.

Interview Details Make sure you can discuss highlights from previous jobs
Good leadership examples
Good knowledge of your industry and the challenges it's facing
Example of weakness
What you want from working there
Why Deloitte
Good risk knowledge
What would get in the way of you achieving your goals- try not to say other people or external influences. Never good to attribute blame to others
Most of all just be yourself
Build good rapport from moment you meet to just before the interview questions start
Make light chat after interview to leave it on friendly note

Interview Question – Nothing in particular   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No comment

Consultant Interview

Consultant
London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied for business analysis role in A&A -3 stages - first an informal conversation with HR. 2nd meant to be f2f with director but due to unavailability in london was conducted over phone. AC is exactly what is described on the forum. Most of my time went in chasing HR to get the dates. Process went in for 3 months due to Xmas in between

Interview Question – Nothing unusual   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Too low and below my current level.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
London, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2014.

Interview Details Initial telephone interview, face-to-face technical interview followed by assessment centre. Assessment centre consisted of group exercise, written exercise, case study presentation and 2 x senior face-to-face interviews.

Interview Question – Whole process was designed to examine every area of your consulting and technical experience. Everyone is different, but I found it difficult in the written exercise to adopt the correct tone. Exercise consisted of a long case study and slide pack, and some blank paper on which to write an open letter to the project stakeholders.   Answer Question

Specialist Senior Consultant Interview

Specialist Senior Consultant

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details 1. Recruitment (Taleo) – the training planned for next week is perfect timing!
2. Performance and Goal Management
3. Talent Review and Succession Planning

Interview Question – 1. Recruitment (Taleo) – the training planned for next week is perfect timing!
2. Performance and Goal Management
3. Talent Review and Succession Planning
  Answer Question

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!