Deloitte

Updated Aug 26, 2014
2,852 interviews

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2012.

Applied online and got invited to e-tray test, behavioral questions and then replying emails to see how you response doing muti tasks. I did prepare for the fit questions but they were quite a lot and due to time constraints I did not really fill in the "correct" selections.

Interview Questions
    • For the email questions, they asked you to reply to emails from different clients and managers, I thin they just wanted to see how you cope these flooded mails at the same time and how to manage a good relationship with both clients and people in the office.   Answer Question

SVS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manchester, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2014.

You have a manager interview first which is a lot less daunting than you would think, this is after all of your testing etc. You speak about three competencies and apply questions to them and will be asked questions around them and more. It is more of a conversation and asking why you want to be working for Deloitte other than any other big four company.

Interview Questions
    • They are all around competencies, but what is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2014.

The process starts with online psychometric tests, followed by a E-Tray day exercise where I had to manage a email box and complete a business case study. Then on the final assessment I had to review a potential client and I had an interview with a manager.

Interview Questions
    • Question about my commercial awareness regarding a client   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2014.

First telephonic with HR, followed by a telephonic with a Senior Manager, Followed by the assessment day.
    At the assessment centre, I had 5 sections:
    (1) Prepare a case study presentation on a flip chart. The case study was Harvard case material type with 6-7 pages to read. The case was about improving operational efficiency.
    (2) Prepare a 2 page write up/email. You are a manger who needs to send a organisation wide email communicating a change program plan.
    (3) Interview with a partner, where first 20 mins were used on presenting and answering Qs on the case prepared earlier from (1), followed by competency based Qs
    (4) Interview with another partner, general CV based Qs, competency based etc
    (5) Group exercise: You are given a case, where you have to prioritise 5 of the given 12 item list, and then discuss with the group. The assessors will be present in the room and will judge you on how you present and defend your point of view.

Consultant Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2014.

I applied through a recruiter to join Deloitte Dublin. I was invited to a face to face technical interview and this was the worst interview of my life. The interview was held in London.

The reason why it was the worst interview of my life is that the interviewer was late by 45 minutes. The interview was due to start at 8 am and finish at 9 am and I had to go to work after that. The interviewer apologised but if I was the one who had been late I would've been walked out of the office.

He carried on with the interview and asked questions about C#, SQL, OOP, threads and general software engineering questions and some of his answers where wrong but he didn't know so he thought my answers where incorrect. He had about 10 years experience and I have only 2 years experience so he should have known the right answers but he didn't. As a result he said I had a few technical gaps which I did not.

I was very late for work because of his lack of punctuality but when I explained to him that I would be late to work he didn't even apologise or show empathy.

he wasn't even wearing a tie and he had rolled up sleeves in the interview yet he gave feedback that I was a bit too informal yet I had a full suit on and was very professional.

I have worked for a top 25 FTSE 100 company and a world top 20 global IT firm and have outstanding performance at both yet this guy thought I wouldn't be good enough to work at Deloitte?

After I realised that these big four firms do not want the best talent out there and are looking for people who are just good at making power point presentations and have the same level of incompetence as them.

Stay away if you are a top flight software professional!!

Interview Questions
    • Explain the difference between a mutex and a semaphore. I knew the answer and his answer was wrong but he said his was right.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2010.

The process started with quite a detailed application form, followed by online assessments (standard graduate programme). I was invited to a first interview with one interviewer who used set competency based questions. The office seemed modern and the people were quite friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked several times for different times I had worked as part of a team or leading a team, each time was asked to use a different example.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2014.

Applied using a headhunter. Process took 2 months. I had five interviews with 1 director, 3 senior managers and 1 partner. The whole process was in two phases and Deloitte was very friendly and "down to earth" regarding the interview.

Non negotiable.

Business Analyst - Strategy and Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

* One short HR interview to determine my level of English
    * A math and english computer based excercise
    * One interview and case study with a manager
    * An assessment centre comprising of a written exercise, a computer based excercise, a group excercise and an interview with a partner

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really that I didn't expect - I got asked a lot of questions on why I chose the option I chose in the written excercise and when I said that I didn't go for the most obvious answer I got a lot of questions and a discussion around why I think that option was the most obvious.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Consultant/Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Deloitte.

1st round interview with one director and one senior manager.
    Split into resume, technical and competency sections. The questions were mostly straight forward apart from few tricky technical ones. Just make sure you know your resume WELL as they do go into details.

The Interviewers were friendly throughout which helped.

Risk Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2014.

Make sure you can discuss highlights from previous jobs
    Good leadership examples
    Good knowledge of your industry and the challenges it's facing
    Example of weakness
    What you want from working there
    Why Deloitte
    Good risk knowledge
    What would get in the way of you achieving your goals- try not to say other people or external influences. Never good to attribute blame to others
    Most of all just be yourself
    Build good rapport from moment you meet to just before the interview questions start
    Make light chat after interview to leave it on friendly note

No comment

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!