Deloitte LLP

Getting the Interview

68 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in November 2012.

Interview Details Had on-site interview with two partners in November. They were both very nice to talk to.

Interview Question – Who did you meet during the social events? Do you remember their names?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Deloitte LLP

Interview Details Started out with On Campus Interview, All behavioral questions.
Then got invited to an office visit. 3 interviews, some behavioral questions and just random conversational questions. Second round is all about getting to know you and seeing if you are a good fit for the firm. Try to be genuine instead of giving them what you think they want to hear.

Interview Question – How would your friends describe you?   Answer Question

Audit Staff

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details applied on campus and got an interview... this was last year (2011) everything went well and the interviewer was friendly. very relaxed and conversational which was surprising (no behavioral questions). never received an offer and never received a rejection email either. i emailed the interviewer multiple times to follow up and no response

Interview Question – none, all conversationals   Answer Question

Seattle, WA (US)

Interviewed at Deloitte LLP

Interview Details Typical campus hire interview process. First there is the campus interview. If you want to get this interview you better have a stacked resume (high GPA, leadership, etc) or have impeccable networking skills. If you are invited for first rounds you will have a half hour interview with a manager or partner. They will ask you typical behavioral type questions - if its going really well you two should just have an easy conversation. Second round interviews consist of the same thing. Three half hour interviews, and an office visit with lunch. Honestly, it doesn't matter how qualified you are or how much you love accounting. If they like you, you will get the job. If they don't like you - well, you'll get the rejection email.

Interview Question – Why accounting?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Seriously, why would you honestly want to work in Public accounting? I took the consulting position that I was offered.

Interviewed at Deloitte LLP

Interview Details I dropped my resume through my university's online recruiting system and was contacted for a first round interview. There was a pre-interview dinner the night prior the interview that gives you an opportunity to meet your interviewers and talk to them in a more informal setting before the actual interview. The first round consisted of two back-to-back interviews, one with a senior manager and the other with a partner. The questions were all behavioral and it was a pretty relaxed conversation.

Interview Question – Tell me about an experience on your resume that makes you stand out from the other applicants.   Answer Question

Milano (Italy)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in November 2011.

Interview Details First of all, a group interview and a short summary of Deloitte world; than a personal interview with a manager, about techincal issues, and finally the interview with a partner, especially about your own personality and motivation.

Interview Question – What are your future plans about your career?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated only the date of start, because in january I have exams and they asked to start on the 16th of january. I was able to delay the beginning to the 8th of february.

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in August 2009.

Interview Details I went to a leadership conference and participated in team building exercise. You deal directly with employees of the company and they take notes on your behaviors. I was invited back for an interview which consisted of three 45 minutes interview. After the interview, i received an offer a week later.

Interview Questions

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in January 2012.

Interview Details I arrived early for my interview. It was a back-to-back, one-on-one 30 minute session, with 2 partners of the firm. I was told I would hear back within 2 weeks. I heard back the next day with an offer from the partner directly.

Interview Question – What do you like about Deloitte?   View Answer

Audit Staff

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in April 2012.

Interview Details All the people interviewed me were all really friendly. They gives no pressure during the interview. They all just want to know more about you instead of trying to give you a hard time.

Interview Questions

Houston, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in March 2012.

Interview Details I was first interviewed on a school campus for an internship position in the audit field. Once I completed the first round of interviews, I was asked to travel to Houston for an office tour of the company and for multiple interviews. Once this was completed, I was called the same day and told that I would have the internship. The internship lasted from January through mid March, the busiest time of year for auditing. Once the internship was coming to a close, I was asked to come in for an exit interview with one of the partners. The conversation consisted of the reviews that my seniors and managers filled out about me and the pros and cons of my work. I was then offered the job in the interview.

Interview Question – Why do you think that you would be a good auditor, what makes you think that the field of audit is right for you?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte LLP