Deloitte LLP

2,570 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied for business analysis role in A&A -3 stages - first an informal conversation with HR. 2nd meant to be f2f with director but due to unavailability in london was conducted over phone. AC is exactly what is described on the forum. Most of my time went in chasing HR to get the dates. Process went in for 3 months due to Xmas in between

Interview Question – Nothing unusual   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Too low and below my current level.

Senior Consultant Interview

London, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in March 2014.

Interview Details Initial telephone interview, face-to-face technical interview followed by assessment centre. Assessment centre consisted of group exercise, written exercise, case study presentation and 2 x senior face-to-face interviews.

Interview Question – Whole process was designed to examine every area of your consulting and technical experience. Everyone is different, but I found it difficult in the written exercise to adopt the correct tone. Exercise consisted of a long case study and slide pack, and some blank paper on which to write an open letter to the project stakeholders.   Answer Question

Advisor Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details I put in my application and got an email response the next day to state my visa status, salary expectation, other jobs I'm pursuing, and a date and time to call me for an interview.
The telephone interview Questions were what can u bring to deloitte, why you, why deloitte, why do you want to leave your current job, when have u worked in a team, difficult decision made. They're just basic interview questions. Just prepare well. I'm due for my face to face interview in two days. Wish me luck!

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Entry Level Analyst Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details I sent my application last year around November. Heard back from the company in February, saying that I got selected for an interview. Interview happened the week after with HR. It was pretty easy! No preparation needed. It didn't even last 20min- I was just asked competency based questions such as "why deloitte"? Then there was a personality test which is timed and lasts 20min, and a language skills test that lasts another 20min. I heard back from them after 3 weeks, saying that I had been put through to second rounds!

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in February 2014.

Interview Details 1:1 Interview with Senior Manager, Competency Based and general CV Walkthrough, then Final stage assessment centre which consisted of an Essay (1 Hour), Senior/Partner Interview (1 Hour), Case Study Presentation (1.15 Hours), Group Exercise (1 Hour). Nothing too difficult, if you know your stuff and do the relevant prep it's not that bad. Key is to having a structure to apply to the essay and case study and sticking to it as you will be pressed for time.

Reason for Declining – Salary offering was non-negotiable and not competitive with the market rate.

Assistant Manager, CF Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2011.

Interview Details Initial screening over a coffee chat with Director. Followed by f2f. Asked a lot of competency questions about various situations and experience from the past. 90% competency questions and 5% technical questions. All were dealt very well luckily and were liked by the Dir and the SM.
Partner round was not too difficult even though the partner asked loads of relevant question on commercial knowledge on relevant area and recent trends.

Interview Question – Nothing as such!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room. They increased £0.5K after lot of negotiation. Was happy eventually anyway

Deloitte Scholars Interview

Interviewed at Deloitte LLP

Interview Details Online testing, e tray then first round competency interview then partner interview

Interview Question – Time you had to stand up to a friend   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – London filled up so got an offer for Bristol which I didn't want.

Summer Internship - Monitor Deloitte Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details Online application then followed by a series of tests. E-tray was very easy (just practice) and the written exercise was straight forward.
Face-to-face interview with a case study was next with a group presentation. The group presentation was nice and the group worked well together. When it came to the interview, the interviewer seemed very unprofessional. At one point, he crouched over and put his chin on the table. The case study took 20 mins and 25 min competency. Questions were standard: tell me about teamwork, planning events, how did your work experience/academic help you with your decision to become a consultant, achievement of goal. It was very short and rushed, he constantly checked his phone whilst i'm talking.

When I asked him about the regulations and the effect it has on Deloitte, he didn't know how to answer. He couldn't answer the buddy/mentor responsibility either and didn't seem enthusiastic when I asked what project he is currently working on (health care sector). All in all, he could have done more to make the experience more enjoyable, clearly an amateur at this and lacked the professionalism Deloitte is known for. I changed my mind about Deloitte after this.

Interview Question – All pretty standard. I over prepared   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Deloitte wasn't what I expected

Consultant Interview

Consultant
London, England

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details Applied online, was invited for an interview after completing two written questions. First interview was easy, one interviewer, two medium case studies and 6 competency questions. A bit of personal discussion, very friendly interviewer.
Made it to the second interview, again very friendly interviewer, a more difficult and long case study and no time for any other questions.
Overall the level was not that high, did not get an offer though, with the feedback just pointing the fact of lack of experience.

Interview Question – Case study of the second interview was demanding in terms of extend of questions.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in January 2014.

Interview Details I applied for the Tax summer vacation scheme and found the application process appropriately testing - it tried a series of talents vital to succeeding in the industry: mathematical analysis, critical analysis and core competencies in the interview. It began with basic information, why Deloitte etc. Then I was invited to take online tests, if you pass those, you are invited to take the e-tray excercise where you assume the role of a senior associate at a fictional firm, advising a fictional client and answer live emails based on information packs given (no prior knowledge is required). If you pass that you have to write an essay for the client, advising them on a firm to merge with based on a number of factors (though this may vary on the position applying for etc.). After passing those you will be invited to a final interview which is a one-on-one interview for around 1h30 with a Tax Manager, as mentioned earlier, this is largely competency based, but they squeeze in a couple of 'why tax' and 'why Deloitte' questions at the end. I found out 3 working days after that I had got it.

Interview Question – Describes the changing role of Deloitte in the Tax industry   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte LLP

Worked for Deloitte LLP? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte LLP Videos

Deloitte LLP – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte LLP interview questions and advice. All 2,570 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Deloitte LLP employees and interview candidates.