Deloitte LLP

Getting the Interview

53 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

London, England

I applied online - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in June 2012.

Interview Details Took a long time to respond but once process started moved quickly with partner interview and assessment centre

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2010.

Interview Details Applied online. Positive response two weeks later.
1:1 interview then occured two weeks later.
Took over three weeks to get feedback for which I had to chase.

The 1:1 interview was with a Senior Manager. Was a comfortable interview in terms of chatting about my capabilites and experiences as well as the role on offer.

It wasn't clear from the interview itself, but the feedback recieved was that I was not as the Manager level and there was a mismatch in applying for that level. At the Manager level, they expected significantly more consultancy experience (in terms of generating business) and leading projects and teams than what I had.

The individual who interviewed me came across well (informal but focussed), and the area of work on offer looked like it had lots of potential.

Interview Question – Please give an example of where you personally generated a new opportunity or developed a new capability?   Answer Question

London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in August 2010.

Interview Details There are two interviews. A One on one interview with someone who they expect is two levels above the level you are going for, in my case they messed up and thought I was going for the a senior consultant level which was one level below, but that was fine. This person is only checking your technical comptence in the area you are applying for. Explaining that they have a eentrprenural culture and ask what do you bring to Deloitte? Why do you want to work for Deloitte?

The second Interview is an Assessment Day, this is broken up into a presentation, partner interview, your prestation of a case study and provision of a written summary of a report, then their is a group exercise to see your influencing skills:

Assessment Day breakdown:

Initially the interviewee is taken into a room and taken through a presentation, that explains the organisational hierarcy and where the group you are interviewing for fits in andthe basic sucesses they have had as a business.

The rest of the Day is in three parts (the first and second parts can be in either order, the third part is last)

The the interviewee is provide a 2 case studies and a detailed report.

The 1st case study is quite detailed and the interviewee should read the questions at the back for the area they applying for, otherwise you will not have enough time to read it and prepare. They are require to give a short presentation to the partner/director. You will be provided flip chart paper and pens, my suggestion is to be concise and think about the message (this is a mock client presentation and you are trying to sell your solution and reasons why) you do not have a lot of time. So it is an idea to think about the story board of the presentation (i.e. how you will present each part of the presentation) before you start to do the write up.

The detailed report is a double sided four page report on which you are to write up a concise and informative two page summary. This is to test you writing, grammar and how you write up summary reports for presentation to partners. This is to be given to the partner/director at you case study 1 presentation.

The second part is a initial part is a interview with the partner, where all of the things that you outlined previously is to be covered. i.e. Why do you want to work for Deloitte's? What do you bring to Deloitte's? How you keep and build relationships? (examples, they are looking to see how you build contacts and keep contacts, i.e. client side facing) , what will you do in the first week at Deloitte's? (i.e. network and let people know you are there, get out and start selling you skills)

The Third part of the interview is a group exercise (case study 2).

This is a exercise where you have to read a two page single side document about a fictional country that is having problems with its workers, who are de-motivated and drinking (replacing shrines with pubs) this has meant the main resource (a harvest of some kind) is not getting brought in on time due to labor shortage due to drinking and not turning up for work and the country's treasury is in debt. The political heads need to put in some austerity measures, they have a list of measures which they know will be unpopular some more than others, each have the same cost but affect motivation differently. There is once every two years a pink jellyfish that they can harvest and sell for a lot of money (but this does not always turn up). You initial job is to put in order the different measures of what which one will be additionally rolled out each month. This means deciding what the main aim apart from getting the treasury back in the black is.

The next part is the group exercise, you aim for this exercise is to get your top five measures in the groups top five and in your order. This is obviously an exercise at demonstrating influencing skills rather than team work. This is why you should not over talk and so you can see how your influencing skills are working and change tack appropriately. You will be observed by a group of Delottie staff, you need to ignore them totally. Otherwise you will not get through this exercise. It is obvious from this exercise they are not looking for team players at all but people who can play politics of a group to get their aims. (It is one of those typical HR exercises used to find people with narcissistic personalities, in order to have people who have the intelligence and skills at group/individual manipulation)

These are the personalities they need in their entrprenural culture. Someone that has enough confidence and skill to be able to sell to clients and influnce those who you have not formal control over to get the job done.

Interview Questions

• What Management experience do you have? (for a Advisory role)   View Answer
  • What do you bring Deloittes?   View Answer

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in December 2013.

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter and the process was fairly smooth. After a 30 minute interview with the recruiter, I had an hour phone interview with a Manager in a similar position. I was quickly invited to an in person interview in Chicago. The in person interview in Chicago was with a Partner who discussed my experience, a Senior Manager who gave me a hypothetical case study, and a Manager who discussed my technical background. The whole process took about 2.5 hours. I received an offer 20 minutes later as I was walking back to the hotel.

Interview Question – The case study was pretty straight forward as long as you have the experience. The interviewer was looking for specific key words in my response and I seemed to check off most of them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I gave them stretch number and they offered slightly less.

Flag Interview

Deloitte LLP Talent Acquisition Senior Manager responded to this review

Apr 03, 2014

We're glad you had a positive interview experience and appreciate you taking the time to post a review; your feedback will be helpful to others as they are preparing for interviews.

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in July 2013.

Interview Details 5 rounds of functional, 2 written rounds

Negotiation Details – Not really.

Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details 5 interviews in total: recruiter, two managers (together), two sr. managers (separately) and director.

Interview Question – How have you built relationships with c-level stakeholders?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in June 2011.

Interview Details long interview process with several people

Interview Question – asked techinical questions about PeopleSoft Financials   View Answer

Detroit, MI (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in February 2010.

Interview Details On campus recruiting is very professional; experienced hire process is horrible. Interviews were fairly easy - case based but not super quantitative

Interview Question – Case interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes but dealing with HR for the experienced hire process was terrible. But this was in 2007 when I joined

New York, NY (US)

I applied through other source - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in September 2013.

Interview Details I had an initial interview with the experienced recruiter and a call with a Director. All were very professional.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in September 2013.

Interview Details I had about 3 telephone interviews & 1 in person ( 4 people interviewed me)
Telephone
- What are cursors, triggers
- Asked me to write a small algorihtm for printing few #'s div by 3.
- Few other questions about .Net/ sql server etc..
In Person
 I met with 4 people 2 of them were technical.
- SQL Server ( this is where I think I screwed up)
What are indexes? Clustered and non clustered?
What are cursors?
What are diff bween Inner join & outer join?
Write a query between two tables to show Sum of amount based on a certain field indicator on one of the column. amt > 1 Mil $ ( I didn't have enough time to write the query and the next guy barged in. So they dinged me on this one).
.Net
- Framework?
- Execute reader vs exec non query
- execscalar?
- Clustering of IIS servers.
Few other basic .net questions.

Interview Question – SQL query wasn't that hard but just had to put some thought to it.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte LLP

Worked for Deloitte LLP? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte LLP Videos

Deloitte LLP – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte LLP Manager interview questions and advice. All 53 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte LLP employees and interview candidates.