Deloitte Manager Interview Questions

Updated 19 Apr 2015

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Very detailed. Better to know someone on the inside. Better to speak directly with hiring manager because the recruiter don't seem to know exactly what managers are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Why were you downsized from your previous position if the company you worked for retained the best?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No need

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

I had three interviewers - one of the partners for cultural fit, one for technical review, and one for consulting skills. The cultural fit and consulting skills interviews were very casual, and more of a conversation. There was no case study. The technical review was much more intense to hone in on my skills.

Interview Questions

• Very technical questions from the technical review.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Deloitte (Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)).

Interview

Nothing special. Get to know your background and what you're looking to find in Deloitte. Technical knowledge is not what they're focused on as long as you're already in the industry.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

- phone interview with HR (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
    - phone interview with hiring manager (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
    - face-face interview with hiring manager for fit (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
    - face-face interview with colleagues (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
    - face-face meeting with dept lead (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not a lot of room to negotiate - was at the top of the pay scale

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

Very simple, met many people, discussion format, and open to all kinds of questions and comments. The HR people were very helpful and patient. The interviewers were smart, talented, and had plenty of guidance. They also were very truthful and spoke about the challenges of changing jobs and the duties and responsibilities that may be hard for me as a manager.

Negotiation

Yes. I was able to negotiate my salary, and also get a one-time signing bonus. Be confident in your abilities and experience. And make to ask for what you want - you may actually get it.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

Interview

Very tough interview. There were couple of rounds of interview - one with Senior Manager, then with Director, then with Human Resource. It was a slow process and took a lot of time from end to end.

Interview Questions

• What will be the most prime reason Deloitte will hire you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They don't negotiate much

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Standard phone screen then a Director,Partner, and Senior Manager. One case study which was easy and the rest were experience and behavioral question. Interviews were approximately 30-45 minutes a piece and based in their NYC downtown location. Case study was given by the partner. My partner was a change management partner. My director was a FSI industry hire. I was called back by the recruiter at lunch time to let me know all the feedback was positive and they would be moving forward with an offer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to comment and advise on a recent merger involving a major airline.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Stubborn. They are not providing signing bonuses anymore. Also, salary was low ball and not willing to move. They took the stance that if you want to work with us you will take less which in my opinion does not set you up for the long haul. I think this is why Deloitte is having such a difficult time finding quality managers and senior managers.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (Hyderābād (India)).

Interview

Process spanned over 3 months. 2 calls from US and 2 face to face interviews locally in Hyderabad. 2 more meetings happened with people who were never part of the process I was being interviewed for and had no reason to interview me - they turned out to be "interested parties" later!

Interview Questions

• Handling change management and a business that is in the middle of transformation   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was and I didn't do a good job of it. It helps to know someone in the company you're about to join or know the salary ranges in advance - else, you'll be offered peanuts and will be disappointed after joining only to find that others draw better salaries than you.

Manager Interview

Interview

Well planned incremental process, starting with the most junior interviewer and working up through to Director level. Combination of information and questions struck the right balance. Very professional environment yet combined the ability to have a business casual dress code - even at the interview stage I was free to remove my tie.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions - the entire process was a dailog   Answer Question

Negotiation

None allowed

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

5 interviews in total: recruiter, two managers (together), two sr. managers (separately) and director.

Interview Questions

• How have you built relationships with c-level stakeholders?   Answer Question