Deloitte

Average Difficulty
195 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

London, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2014.

Interview Details Initial telephone interview, face-to-face technical interview followed by assessment centre. Assessment centre consisted of group exercise, written exercise, case study presentation and 2 x senior face-to-face interviews.

Interview Question – Whole process was designed to examine every area of your consulting and technical experience. Everyone is different, but I found it difficult in the written exercise to adopt the correct tone. Exercise consisted of a long case study and slide pack, and some blank paper on which to write an open letter to the project stakeholders.   Answer Question

London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Interview Details 1:1 Interview with Senior Manager, Competency Based and general CV Walkthrough, then Final stage assessment centre which consisted of an Essay (1 Hour), Senior/Partner Interview (1 Hour), Case Study Presentation (1.15 Hours), Group Exercise (1 Hour). Nothing too difficult, if you know your stuff and do the relevant prep it's not that bad. Key is to having a structure to apply to the essay and case study and sticking to it as you will be pressed for time.

Reason for Declining – Salary offering was non-negotiable and not competitive with the market rate.

London, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2012.

Interview Details Telephone interview followed by initial personal competency based interview. This is followed by assessment centre which includes various assessments including group discussion, case study presentation. Finally partner interview which is more focussing on fit for the organisation, personal goals and aspirations

Interview Question – Where will you be in five years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Open and protracted

London, England

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

Interview Details 2 telephone screening interviews followed by face to face in London.

A fairly frustrating experience due to long time spans between communications, ignored emails and no confirmation or feedback post interview.

Having requested a candidate to travel to London for interview for a fairly senior role and at both a significant financial cost and need to take time off work, it is very poor professionalism to not provide any confirmation or feedback post interview.

I left the interview feeling fairly positive but feeling this is not the company for me.

Interview was about an hour with a good introduction and then a general series of questions based around relevant skills and experience. I understood there to be second interview as the next step and was told they would be in contact within a few days. Several weeks later and several un answered emails later - nothing! I assume I have not been successful.

I have always felt that all interviews are good experience irrespective of outcome. However Deloitte have left me feeling cheeted of my time and money! I expected to be treated considerably better than this for such a large organisation.

Interview Question – Nothing particularly challanging. Usual "talk me through your CV", "why are you looking to move", etc.   Answer Question

London, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2009.

Interview Details 3 rounds of interview - 1 face to face, followed with case study, followed with final round. All interviews are pretty standard and the interviewers are helpful more interested to know about your background and fit within the organisation

Very Difficult Interview

London, England

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2008.

Interview Details Case interviews.

Interview Question – Don't remember - standard b-school cases.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Successfully negotiated slight increase to signing bonus (with competing offer). Salary package is overall standard.

London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2011.

Interview Details === Initial Communication
Applied in Nov 2010, eventually heard back from them on Dec 2010. HR specialist contacted me. Very quick and informal conversation, asking possible positions available, availability, and VISA status. Mentioned she would forward my CV to a hiring manager for review. 2 weeks later, I received an email indicating the formal interview process would begin. Someone would contact me to schedule my first round. Got a call later stating it would take some time to schedule the first round due to holidays and tight work schedules during end of year.

=== 1 : 1 Interview - Senior Manager
This was a competency based interview. Began with introductions of my interviewer and myself (have your elevator pitch ready), followed by a 10 min introduction on the firm structure and the department/group I would be joining, including my role. Afterward, questions regarding specific instances described within my CV where questioned with more general right after.
- Tell me about your time at this company and what you did?
- Tell me a time where you needed to deal with bad member of your team (someone not pulling their weight).
- Tell me when you had a conflict with a supervisor and how you managed it.
- What has been your greatest professional challenge?
- What is your personal interest in consulting and specifically in this role?
- What is your particular style of working, independent, team-oriented, etc, etc. and can you tell me some examples of that?
- What personally motivates your professional career? (He asked me NOT to give him the standard "in 5 years i want to be here... ")

I personally think I did my best when addressing the last question. I honestly responded by stating my ambitions are far greater than consulting. I use Deloitte as a stepping-stone to gain greater rewards in the mid and long-term future of my career. He commented with initial thanks and pointed out that many candidates too often state the same thing.

After 20 mins or so, he gave me the opportunity to ask questions. Do your research!! Ask tough questions. Ask how the current events have affected the firm. Ask how they manage financial hardships internally. Ran nearly 20 mins over, but it was a good talk. At the end, he said those were tough questions from me and got a positive vibe. Got positive feedback within 24 hours and scheduled the Assessment Center within the following 2 weeks.

=== Assessment Center
This was an a 9AM to 4PM all day event. The structure consisted of the following activities:

- 1 hour written exercise: you have to review a report and write a short essay
ADVICE -- make sure you focus on the structure/ flow and the key issues. also make sure you write effectively and avoid grammar mistakes.

- 1 hour to prepare a 10 minute presentation based on a case study.
ADVICE -- as with any and all case-studies, structure, structure, structure!!! Also, depending on the audience of the presentation (noted within the case-study) include some initial background to the problem and/or firm addressed. Personal feedback was good job of initially summarizing what the situation was, as most people just jump right in towards the recommendations without giving some context.

- A presentation interview: 45 mins altogether. Deliver the 10 min presentation to the interviewer based on the case study provided earlier.
ADVICE -- things to focus on are again structure, content and presentation style. After, you'll get questioned on why you suggested the recommendations and what other options might you consider if context changes. Make sure you can back up all your answer. "I suggest this solution because of A, B and C."

- A Partner interview: 45 mins altogether.
ADVICE -- this interview cover competencies in consulting, specifically market knowledge, the firm and their differentiating advantage; knowledge of current industry challenges and personal motivations.

- A group exercise: this will be a logic based task and you will be asked to work together with the other candidates to solve this. Assessors will be observing to assess team working skills and how well you interact and engage with each other
ADVICE -- dont' be negative, give other people a chance to talk. Overall, they want to see if you can all work together while solving a problem. don't be over-bearing and openly confront others ideas. this will not make you look good. After the assessment center is completed, they mention you will get feedback within 24 hours.

=== Assessment Center Feedback
I got a call back from them the same day of the Assessment Center, no more than 30 mins after I had left the office with positive feedback. There was no specific feedback in each of the activities within that day, however, they wanted to let me know they would be making me an offer.

Negotiation Details – Offer came within a few days after notification, initial was good. Tried to negotiate further but was already being given a increase position (got offered a 2nd year manager position, though i applied for Sr Consultant role). So I didn't push too hard as I didn't want to press my luck!!

London, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2010.

Interview Details The first interaction was with the recruitment team. I got a call from the human resources team and was asked to give my salary expectations, other places I had applied to.

The first interview was a face to face one with a senior consultant. The questions were
1) What are you doing now?
2) What are the 5 things that are challenging the industry
3) What are the root cause analysis tools
4) Explain how you used any of these tools in a project
5) A CEO asks you to help out with a specific problem. How would you go about it?
6) Why Deloitte
7) Can you explain a process in the the client industry
8) why dont you look for something in the software consulting division of deloitte

My impressions were that the consultant was extremely good at asking probing questions and asessing the skills objectively

Susequently, i was scheduled for the next stage which consisted of 2 interviews, one with a manager and another with a partner. Prior to the manager interview, i was given a case and was asked to write a communication based on the facts of the case explaining key features of a new system to all employees. I was also given another case to analyze and make recommendations on a flip chart. The manager asked me questions on the case.
I was also asked how i would use my specific skills, and what i thought of a recent merger in the industry and what were the challenges facing the industry. I was aslo asked if i had any questions

This was followed by the partner interview where he introduced himself, asked me about my biggest achievement, challenges facing the industry, what was my experience in the industry and if i had any questions

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2013.

Interview Details The company recruits mostly from campuses like India Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Lucknow, Calcutta, Bangalore, SP Jain and Indian School of Business. There are mostly 2 rounds - one behavioral and one case study round.

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation done

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details Very straightforward; several phone interviews, then a day of round robin face to face interviews with the directors and senior managers. Total of about 8 interviews for 1 hour each.

Interview Question – Don't remember - didn't seem to have any thing that was outstanding   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was pleased with their compensation which seemed very fair, so I did not negotiate

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!