Delphi Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.7

Graduate Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Delphi.

I have been called for an Delphi's recruitment day after applying for a position as Graduate Systems Engineer online. Once there we performed several tests, such as mechanical, maths and language, and we were interviewed. Everything run very well in a relaxed environment, being everyone nice. We had a visit around the factory where we could see the type of equipment and processes are used.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any question difficult, being related essentially with my previous academic and work experiences.   Answer Question

Placement Engineering Role Interview

Initial telephone interview which entails details about yourself and basic competence questions. second stage is a face to face interview where fundamental engineering knowledge will be tested.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stonehouse, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stonehouse, England

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Delphi in September 2007.

1 to 1 interview, practical test, verbal and numerical tests

Sales/Marketing Interview

My interview was professional and left me with a strong indication of how the company ran and what it would be like working there. As a result, I accepted the offer for the sales and marketing internship for the summer.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Juárez, México (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Juárez, México (Mexico)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Delphi in January 2010.

Go to any Career er Fair in which a Delphi stand will be. Drop off your resume, even they tell you they are looking for mechanical and electrical engineers only.

Interview Questions
    • Have you been in a project where everything went wrong? what happened? It was you part of the solution or the problem?   View Answer
    I negotiated my tuition reimbursement for my Master's degree with no strings attached.

Engineering Software Tools Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kokomo, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kokomo, IN (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Delphi in June 2014.

Sucks to the core. They have no respect towards you. If you are Interviewed for a position at Delphi - Electronics Safety division (kokomo) be rest assured you would not be getting a final decision before 3 months.

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Lafayette, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Delphi in July 2014.

I was called for a phone interview and we went over my resume. They were going to bring me on site for an interview, but then decided to only hire internally. After a week or so, they decided to look for an outside hire and brought me on site for an interview. I interviewed with the VE manager and talked to others that worked for him. They were all very nice and the interview went well. However, they had a hiring freeze shortly after, so now I'm looking for another job.

Interview Questions
    • not really anything too difficult, probably just the greatest weakness question.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Delphi in March 2014.

Applied on the company website for a position at the Technical Center in Rochester, NY. Was contacted by email to set up phone interview with hiring manager. Had interview over phone a couple days later. No technical questions, only ones about things on my resume. After phone interview, an onsite interview was set up about a week later. Toured facilities and interviewed with possible supervisors. Questions were still based on my resume, but more specific to what I would be working on.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions on resume, what have you heard about Delphi   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Auburn Hills, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Delphi.

For the interview I had one phone interview with no technical questions. Their entire interview was purely personality tests. They contacted me after a month of no response. For the interview I had one phone interview with no technical questions. Their entire interview was purely personality tests. They contacted me after a month of no response.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Delphi in May 2012.

Four rounds of interview

1. Technical interview with a panel of two Senior Engineers/ Team Lead
    2. Managerial round with the Project Manager
    3. Discussion with Senior Manager of the Business Unit
    4. HR round

Cons: Long wait time

Interview Questions
    Yes, I was able to negotiate

Worked for Delphi? Contribute to the Community!