Deluxe Corporation Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr 2015

2.8

Pressroom Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation.

Interview

Relevant questions were asked. There was nothing irrelevant discussed, and the interview room was casual and comforting. The series of questions was standard. A tour of the facility was given.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness, why do you think so, and how are you able to overcome it?   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shoreview, MN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Shoreview, MN (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through Deluxe job site. Also had an employee referral. Had a phone screen and was told I would be contacted next day to schedule interview. Interview was scheduled within 3 days. Interviewed with HR Director and generalist, then immediately following interview with HR manager.
    Was told in interview there is one more interview and job offer. Still awaiting a decision after one week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were able to foster teamwork   Answer Question
    • Give a situation in which you had to make a decision in which many different solutions were available to you. How did you come to your decision?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time in your career that you went above and beyond?   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shoreview, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Shoreview, MN (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

My interview consisted of a 1:1 that was held on campus. I was sent an email 2 days later informing me that I was now a finalist and that they would like me to come over onsite at Deluxe for a final round of interviews. The final round consisted of 3 technical interviews and 1 HR interview, each lasting approximately 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation involved, the offer was more than generous.

Channel Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Dallas, TX (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

First I was scheduled for a 30 minute on the phone interview. Then I was set up for an in person interview. This lasted for 3 hours, just to be told that I wouldn't hear anything from them until two weeks because they had other candidates. Two weeks comes around, and I was told that I did not match the position in a general rejection letter. I contacted the recruiter and was told the real reason I was not chosen was because of errors on my resume; this signified I was not detailed enough for the position. When I asked them why they did not catch these errors before having me come in there was not a good answer. Do not waste your time with these people.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deluxe Corporation.

Interview

Did a short phone interview with basic qualifying questions. Was called about a week later for an in person interview. Interview was very generic. Had typical situation questions. Was notified about two weeks later that I got the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Had to make something up for that one!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call about a week later requesting to set up a phone interview with a recruiter for that following week. The recruiter was 30 minutes late calling me, and then the phone interview had to be rescheduled for 3 days later. The phone interview was pretty standard...how did you hear about the job, how do you qualify for said position ect. After the phone interview the recruiter set up a face to face interview with a hiring manger at the corporate office for the following week. The face to face interview took about 3 hours. I had to fill out a paper application, sat with a current employee doing the job I was applying for, sat with 2 hiring managers and answered a series of behavioral interview questions that was followed with 3 different written assessments. A week later I was made a offer for the position that I ended up turning down because the shift they wanted me to work was not the same shift I initially applied for in my application.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a co worker that I could not get along with   Answer Question

Website Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Olathe, KS (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. After phone interview, if they feel you are a good candidate, they pass you along to set up an interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How much coordinating experience do you have ?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (American Fork, UT (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

experience questions + one task on a white board, it was with a director and a software architect. a task war to arrange a string using simple C# implementation. all other questions were from .NET framework and past experience

Interview Questions

• I believe that a most difficult question was a task at a board to write a code - hate writing code on a boards. a task was to sort a string using available c# methodology   Answer Question

Negotiation

just an offer was sent

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Saint Paul, MN (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

This was for their small business division and I think I threw up in my mouth when I heard the compensation. It is an hourly tiered (i.e. start off in bronze move up to gold or platinum) starting at $12.50/hour?!?! According to Career Bliss the avg salary for Deluxe employees is $51k/yr and they are a billion dollar company!!!!!! The platinum tier is horrendous too @ $18/hour & supposedly you can make $800-900/mo in commission. They will not start you off at a higher tier, even if you have a degree & extensive sales experience, but may start you off with a slightly higher hourly rate of a whopping $14/hour! On another note, the first 4 weeks are training on their sales process, computer system, etc..

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation.

Interview

Called by recruiter. Passed recruiter phone interview. Setup face to face on site. Walked in interview room had regional sales manager and my would-be manager in the room.

Interview Questions

• If a potential sale is reluctant, what are your strategies to overcome those objectives?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. However I do believe some different offers were given based on experience level.