Deluxe Corporation Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 12, 2014
23 interviews

2.7

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lenexa, KS (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in May 2010.

The hiring process was easy and you just had to show that you were interested in working there

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in January 2010.

Interviews simple and quick. No difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    • Given an object that does not meet its intended purpose, what do you do with it?   Answer Question

It did not seem to be a career growth opportunity for me, personally.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Paul, MN (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in February 2014.

This was for their small business division and I think I threw up in my mouth when I heard the compensation. It is an hourly tiered (i.e. start off in bronze move up to gold or platinum) starting at $12.50/hour?!?! According to Career Bliss the avg salary for Deluxe employees is $51k/yr and they are a billion dollar company!!!!!! The platinum tier is horrendous too @ $18/hour & supposedly you can make $800-900/mo in commission. They will not start you off at a higher tier, even if you have a degree & extensive sales experience, but may start you off with a slightly higher hourly rate of a whopping $14/hour! On another note, the first 4 weeks are training on their sales process, computer system, etc..

Print and Component Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Joppa, MD (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Joppa, MD (US)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in May 2010.

Custom Direct was purchased by Deluxe in 2010. Hiring and interview process was stressful as can be expected when there is a buy out.

Interview Questions
    • Whether or not I wanted to accept a job with a company located in MN and CO while working in MD in a building that would eventually close it's doors 3+ years later.   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in February 2012.

This was a good process; smart questions

take it or leave it

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shoreview, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shoreview, MN (US)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in September 2009.

Pretty simple I was placed through Dahl, had a precursory interview but I was essentially locked in prior to interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. I guess a drug text could trip up some people.   Answer Question
    There was none, I was placed to that was settled prior to the interview

Leadership Position Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Shoreview, MN (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Shoreview, MN (US)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in March 2013.

Opening phone screening interview with HR recruiter, interview with VP HR, Round Robin interview with department heads, interview with SR VP (hiring Mgr), three personality profiles, critical thinking test.

Each interview covered somewhat different ground and each interviewer came with prepared questions relevant to the position and required skills. I was difficult to understand why the previous person in the position had not been successful.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any difficult questions. The critical thinking test was a very short version of the Watson Glaser test and several questions were poorly written.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation.

Called by recruiter. Passed recruiter phone interview. Setup face to face on site. Walked in interview room had regional sales manager and my would-be manager in the room.

Interview Questions
    • If a potential sale is reluctant, what are your strategies to overcome those objectives?   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation. However I do believe some different offers were given based on experience level.

Marketing Interview

The interview was a straight forward multi-tier interview (4 in total) increasing up the corporate ladder. All communications took place over the phone. The entire process took three hours and I started roughly two weeks after the final interview. The questions mostly related to prior experience. I was also required to complete work samples and answer various written questions relating to the position.

Sales Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lenexa, KS (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in July 2011.

In my opinion the interview process involved too many phone/face to face interviews. 4 phone interviews and 2 face to face. Although the entire process was completed within two weeks and I did accept the offer in July 2011... positions eliminated Dec 2012.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to give verbal presentation on six financial service products that they offer, one day to prepare.   Answer Question
    No negociation as my offer was at the top of the provided salary range.

Worked for Deluxe Corporation? Contribute to the Community!