Deutsche Bank

Deutsche Bank Interview Questions

Updated 24 Feb 2015
Updated 24 Feb 2015

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Submitted online application including cover letter and motivation questions, then was invited to a first round interview at their office with two VP level employees.

The interview seemed quite on the spot, asking questions about my CV and background, then more technical questions which surprised me. They also asked situational questions and questions that would test if you think the right way about risk and decision making.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how Scotland gaining independence might increase Gilt bond yields or decrease bond yields.   Answer Question

AWM Interview

Online application and numerical test
    30 minute competency based interview with 2 associates (Included a brainteaser)
    3*30 minute interviews with MDs, Competency, Technical and a mix

Mostly what you would expect from a bank.
    Didn't get it, in the feedback they said they wanted more technical knowledge (I later found out one of the other interviewees was doing a degree in finance and investment)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the difference between Coca cola and Shell   Answer Question

Global Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2015.

application ; online tests; first interview in their place in London.
    imho online test are very easy, maybe cut I'm used to the engineering companies types.
    first interview was about CO e the usual competency based questions. Very good atmosphere i must say. Unfortunately I applied for the job for fun and I had not prepared anything for the interview... So I didn't make it but I wasn't interested anyway.

Interview Questions
    • All competencies based questions. At least 6 they asked me I guess   Answer Question

Spring Into Technology Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2015.

Standard online application. Was then invited to their London offices to sit a numerical aptitude test followed by three 30-minute interviews. There were about 40 or so of us for a range of divisions, we waited in the 'Candidate Waiting room' until it was our time to be interviewed. Interviewers were very friendly, and the conversation flowed quite nicely.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you solved a problem creatively and innovatively.   Answer Question

Group Technology and Operations (Graduate) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2015.

Initial stage is submitting an application form, which asks for answers to a number of motivational questions within rather small word limits. Therefore, focusing on quality answers is paramount for this stage.

I submitted my application at the end of November and about two weeks later, I received an email inviting me to the online testing stage which I believe consisted of a Numerical test, which was Kenexa based. I have had a wealth of experience with Kenexa tests which I have no trouble with, however found this more challenging than average.

It then took two weeks to hear back when I received an email during the latter half of December saying I had been selected for a first round interview in mid-January.

The first round interview in January was simply a two-on-one interview with staff from the GTO division. Questions were straightforward, competency based and also some specific questions about the Bank were asked. Both interviewers were very good and made me feel relaxed. I wasn't asked anything that I didn't completely unexpect. I was told I would hear the outcome of the interview within a week, however I received an update on my application on the evening of the same day at around 9pm inviting me to the final round interview a week and a half later.

Being so close to the end of the process, I prepared extensively for my final interviews. The final interview day consisted of three separate one-on-one interviews. I found all interviewers to be friendly and overall the interviews were a positive experience. Most questions were generic and repeated. Questions were competency based and tested what you know about the Bank, recent news and the GTO division itself. Nothing unexpected at all, no brain-teasers, and I felt like you were able to direct the conversation a little - it was more like a discussion where the interviewers were trying to get to know you.

We were told that they will aim to let us know the outcome later the same day. I received a call back around 5pm notifying me of my offer, where I was provided with detailed feedback about my performance.

The whole process took about two months from the moment I submitted my application in November, bearing in mind the festive period. The slowest part of the process was being invited to the online tests and hearing the outcome for those. However, the process sped up from the first round interviews onwards.

Interview Questions
    • Can you name three products that Deutsche Bank offers to clients in Corporate Banking & Securities?   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

two rounds, plus one additional round. First round is 1:1 interview with a director. Second round was a presentation followed by three 1:1 interviews with MDs. Last round was with another MD and a director.

Graduate Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in December 2014.

1)application
    2)online numerical test
    3)first round interviews and a retake of numerical test
    4)final round of interviews

First round interview was an interview with 2 representatives from the business. I found out the outcome of this interview later the same day. I was then invited to 3 45 minute final interviews, which were three 1:1 interviews with senior representatives from the business. The whole interview process, and final decision took less than a week.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of where you have had to deal with conflict.   Answer Question

Train to Hire Interview

Applied online and received a phone call offering a phone interview a few days later. Agreed a time for the interview, and was told roughly what the interview would involve. Phone interview itself involved a discussion of my CV and application form, followed by three competency-based questions. I was told the outcome straight away and received an email invitation to assessment centre.

Assessment centre was a half-day (10am-3pm) in the main offices. First hour was an introduction; icebreakers followed by a short presentation about the Bank, followed by a 1hr group planning exercise in a group of four. After this there was a 30 minute written exercise, and finally a 1hr one-to-one interview with a member of the Bank. The final interview followed the same format as the phone interview, but longer and in more detail. I was asked 9 competency-based questions.

Once this was completed, we were given a chance to talk to some of the current interns on the programme and ask questions. Staff were very friendly and helpful throughout the day, and the process was fairly relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when you had to ask someone to do something, and they didn't want to do it."   Answer Question
    The background checking process after accepting an offer is extremely detailed and time-consuming. Make sure your CV is accurate and you have all references and paperwork ready.

Technology Analyst Interview

The first stage was the usual stuff. Application form, CV and cover letter. Then there was an online numerical test which was not very difficult. If you were successful, you got invited to the interview in their office. The two interviewers were very nice and they asked no technical questions at all. They were all competency questions. Finally they asked for you question.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

TTH scheme, the overall organisation of the interviews was very good, reasonable competency based questions and a very kind interviewer which made the process better. Also employees are very welcoming and help relax the nerves once the process gets started.