Deutsche Bank Interview Questions

Updated 26 Jun 2015

Human Resources JOB Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England).

Interview

I was invited to 2 interviews but the process seemed to go on for ages!
    Liked the people I met at both interviews they seemed really switched on. But then had to wait over a month for the final outcome.

InHouse Consulting - Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England) in May 2015.

Interview

Hiring Process consisted of a number of interview rounds with Director and MD level individuals in the team. Interviews usually consisted of introductory information from the interview on the team / themselves; talking through experience on my CV with questions and finished with a mini case (e.g. Calculating some basic numbers; discussion risks; set up and approach to problems, etc). Interview process was: First - Director; Second - MD; Third - Director; Fourth - MD; Fifth - Director; Sixth - HR (Fifth and Sixth rounds back to back).

Interview Questions

• Why a move into Industry now? Whats the best measure of performance for a Bank? How do you think DB compares to its peers in terms of performance and why?   Answer Question

Associate, Inhouse Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England) in March 2015.

Interview

Face to face interview
    The interview run very fast with a breif introdution from the interviewers talking about their projects and experience.
    The rest is competency-based questions, ask about teamwork, challenges, why bank, why this role, mostly related to personal quality.
    I didn't realise the time is actually very short, and soon went to the wrap up.

Interview Questions

• What's your opinion on corporate banking?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Submitted online application including cover letter and motivation questions, then was invited to a first round interview at their office with two VP level employees.

The interview seemed quite on the spot, asking questions about my CV and background, then more technical questions which surprised me. They also asked situational questions and questions that would test if you think the right way about risk and decision making.

Interview Questions

• Explain how Scotland gaining independence might increase Gilt bond yields or decrease bond yields.   Answer Question

Analyst - Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (Birmingham, England) in February 2015.

Interview

The interviewing process was quick and efficiently managed by HR. They ensure that everyone feels comfortable and introduce the candidates to the current graduates and give information about the bank in general. Once the first stage of the interview has been completed which was 2 on 1 they respond very quickly within a few days. The final stage of the interview consisted of 3 rounds looking at the CV and finally they call back within 1-2 days (mine was in the afternoon the very same day) and give feedback to your performance.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about my CV and on key skills such as communication, team work and time management.   Answer Question

Summer(Human Resources) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (Birmingham, England) in February 2015.

Interview

Friendly staff. They asked normal and expected questions, however with no past experience in the sector that worked against me. Did my own research on the department but the person who interviewed me went through all the structure and basic backgrounds before I could speak about it. That was a bit unexpected.

AWM Interview

Interview

Online application and numerical test
    30 minute competency based interview with 2 associates (Included a brainteaser)
    3*30 minute interviews with MDs, Competency, Technical and a mix

Mostly what you would expect from a bank.
    Didn't get it, in the feedback they said they wanted more technical knowledge (I later found out one of the other interviewees was doing a degree in finance and investment)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the difference between Coca cola and Shell   Answer Question

Global Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England) in January 2015.

Interview

application ; online tests; first interview in their place in London.
    imho online test are very easy, maybe cut I'm used to the engineering companies types.
    first interview was about CO e the usual competency based questions. Very good atmosphere i must say. Unfortunately I applied for the job for fun and I had not prepared anything for the interview... So I didn't make it but I wasn't interested anyway.

Interview Questions

• All competencies based questions. At least 6 they asked me I guess   Answer Question

Spring Into Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2015.

Interview

Standard online application. Was then invited to their London offices to sit a numerical aptitude test followed by three 30-minute interviews. There were about 40 or so of us for a range of divisions, we waited in the 'Candidate Waiting room' until it was our time to be interviewed. Interviewers were very friendly, and the conversation flowed quite nicely.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you solved a problem creatively and innovatively.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2015.

Interview

Initial stage is submitting an application form, which asks for answers to a number of motivational questions within rather small word limits. Therefore, focusing on quality answers is paramount for this stage.

I submitted my application at the end of November and about two weeks later, I received an email inviting me to the online testing stage which I believe consisted of a Numerical test, which was Kenexa based. I have had a wealth of experience with Kenexa tests which I have no trouble with, however found this more challenging than average.

It then took two weeks to hear back when I received an email during the latter half of December saying I had been selected for a first round interview in mid-January.

The first round interview in January was simply a two-on-one interview with staff from the GTO division. Questions were straightforward, competency based and also some specific questions about the Bank were asked. Both interviewers were very good and made me feel relaxed. I wasn't asked anything that I didn't completely unexpect. I was told I would hear the outcome of the interview within a week, however I received an update on my application on the evening of the same day at around 9pm inviting me to the final round interview a week and a half later.

Being so close to the end of the process, I prepared extensively for my final interviews. The final interview day consisted of three separate one-on-one interviews. I found all interviewers to be friendly and overall the interviews were a positive experience. Most questions were generic and repeated. Questions were competency based and tested what you know about the Bank, recent news and the GTO division itself. Nothing unexpected at all, no brain-teasers, and I felt like you were able to direct the conversation a little - it was more like a discussion where the interviewers were trying to get to know you.

We were told that they will aim to let us know the outcome later the same day. I received a call back around 5pm notifying me of my offer, where I was provided with detailed feedback about my performance.

The whole process took about two months from the moment I submitted my application in November, bearing in mind the festive period. The slowest part of the process was being invited to the online tests and hearing the outcome for those. However, the process sped up from the first round interviews onwards.

Interview Questions

• Can you name three products that Deutsche Bank offers to clients in Corporate Banking & Securities?   Answer Question