Deutsche Bank

Getting the Interview

404 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Vice President - Technology Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in May 2011.

Interview Details 3 rounds managerial, technical and HR

Interview Question – it was product specific and was based on my experience   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview Details Online application, then HR round shortly followed by Director interview.

Assistant Vice President Finance Interview

London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in March 2011.

Interview Details Three interviews with senior members of the team, followed by an interview with HR (which seemed a formality rather than a milestone to overcome--if you've made it to the HR interview then you should expect an offer). Good mix of technical and compentency based questions. They also want to build rapport so for the most part it felt like a friendly chat rather than a formal interview. I was very pleased with the quick turnaround as well--for me from the first interview to the offer was only about one week.

Interview Question – I had no difficult questions actually.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very simple. They were extraordinarily responsive and supportive with my needs as a working mother--I need to leave work at a certain time in the evening and they have accommodated that brilliantly. I suppose it could be different with other teams but for mine I was pleasantly surprised how supportive they are.

Vice President Interview

Vice President
London, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2011.

Interview Details I have been approached directly by my future team member. It was followed by a single digit number of interviews with senior members of the division I was to work in, including key operation officer responsible for resources. Very welcoming and easy going conversations, certainly not the grilling session type. The process however took 2 months longer than initially expected.

Interview Question – There were no surprises in the interview phase.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As always, read the fine print and find ways for them to guarantee the responsibilities you will be given.

Audit Manager Interview

London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2010.

Interview Details Usually three interviews with audit staff (and upto 1 with auditee/client for more senior roles)

Interview Question – Money, be prepared to discuss salaries with HR direct as part of interview process and not via your agent   Answer Question

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in November 2013.

Interview Details Online tests followed by invitation to attend first round interview at DB offices. First round was a 40 minute 2-on-1 interview with two VPs from the division I applied to (Technology). Final round was three 30 minute 1-on-1 interviews with senior people from the division. Got a call a couple of hours after the final round interviews with a decision.

Interview Question – There were no technical questions. My advice is to prepare for a lot of competency questions. The following will 100% be asked: "Why investment banking?", "Why Deutsche Bank?". They will also look for examples of teamwork/leadership/usual competency stuff. The most important thing to bear in mind is interview manner - speak confidently and make a positive impression on the interviewer. Based on the positive feedback from my interviews I advise future candidates to do the following: be confident, have a solid understanding of the industry and the role you want to do and have a few different examples you can draw from.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was called a few hours after the interview while I was on the train home and they offered me a place on the internship program. Was given two weeks to make a decision on the offer.

Train to Hire Programmer Interview

Birmingham, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview Details Contacted about a week and a half after initial application. First stage was a phone interview. They asked why I applied to DB and why GTO. Also asked about 3 different competency-based questions - one was explain a time when you resolved an issue.
Final stage - assessment centre.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to report to senior management.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Analyst Programmer Interview

Analyst Programmer

Interviewed at Deutsche Bank

Interview Details Telephone interview + two face-to-face interviews

Interview Question – More on the competence side rather than the technical ones   Answer Question

Finance Summer Internship Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview Details 2 to 1 first interview in London after an online numerical test

Interview Question – competency based.
when did you improve a process in your previous work experience
  Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Technology Analyst
London, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in November 2013.

Interview Details Interview is on 12112013, based on London office

Interview Question – Why choose your university   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deutsche Bank

Worked for Deutsche Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deutsche Bank interview questions and advice. All 404 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Deutsche Bank employees and interview candidates.