Deutsche Bank

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
London, England

I applied online - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in June 2012.

Interview Details 1 - Online tests and telephone interview (standard numerical test and competency based interview)

2 - Assessment center (including a one on one interview as well as more tests and a presentation)

Interview Question – Why are you here today?   Answer Question

Portfolio Manager Interview

Portfolio Manager
London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2014.

Interview Details Typical 3-stage interview, following generic and contemporary techniques, using the 'Situational, Task, Remedial Action, Resolution,' methodology, including other more specific scenario analysis.

Cultural based scenario questions, including roe plays and written communication and numerical reasoning tests.

Other commercially sensitive techniques.

Interview Question – Where can you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Market Risk Analyst Interview

Market Risk Analyst
London, England

I applied through another source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in March 2014.

Interview Details 5 stages. First phone interview, then on site written test on maths, statistics, basic programming and finance & banking. Then a presentation on a selected topic e.g. financial crisis, followed back interview with two VP from the department and finally a 1 to 1 interview with a director.

Interview Question – Know everything on your CV inside out. Be prepared for what if, and what of, etc. Read extensively if you can.   Answer Question

Asset Management Analyst Interview

Asset Management Analyst
Birmingham, England

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in November 2013.

Interview Details Applied through the online form, after online tests had an onsite interview in Birmingham office - 1 technical 1 behavioral interview, both were based more or less on your CV, for example, I had listed investment management in my modules, so in the technical interview I got a lot of questions on probabilities, etc. Final round was 3 interviews with a mix of behavioral and technical questions, views on the markets, economy, etc.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary, but prepare a stock or two to pitch especially if you have investment management experience on your CV.   Answer Question

Quantitative Risk Analyst Interview

Quantitative Risk Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in February 2014.

Interview Details The process took one day, a telephone interview has been arranged by the recruiter. The questions was quite easy

Interview Question – - Put me in a real context and asked me for the best risk strategy I will use
  Answer Question

Train to Hire Program for Birmingham Interview

Train to Hire Program for Birmingham
Birmingham, England

I applied online - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2014.

Interview Details Online Application and then Assessment Centre which included competency interview, group exercise and a meeting with some current graduates. It was only a half day assessment centre from 12-4p.m so it was quite short.

Interview Question – In the Group Exercise, the brieft ws read quickly and you didn't have access to it. My group missed a point and went in a completely different direction then we were supposed to.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President - Technology Interview

Assistant Vice President - Technology

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in May 2011.

Interview Details 3 rounds managerial, technical and HR

Interview Question – it was product specific and was based on my experience   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
London, England

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview Details Online application, then HR round shortly followed by Director interview.

Assistant Vice President Finance Interview

Assistant Vice President Finance
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in March 2011.

Interview Details Three interviews with senior members of the team, followed by an interview with HR (which seemed a formality rather than a milestone to overcome--if you've made it to the HR interview then you should expect an offer). Good mix of technical and compentency based questions. They also want to build rapport so for the most part it felt like a friendly chat rather than a formal interview. I was very pleased with the quick turnaround as well--for me from the first interview to the offer was only about one week.

Interview Question – I had no difficult questions actually.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very simple. They were extraordinarily responsive and supportive with my needs as a working mother--I need to leave work at a certain time in the evening and they have accommodated that brilliantly. I suppose it could be different with other teams but for mine I was pleasantly surprised how supportive they are.

Vice President Interview

Vice President
London, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2011.

Interview Details I have been approached directly by my future team member. It was followed by a single digit number of interviews with senior members of the division I was to work in, including key operation officer responsible for resources. Very welcoming and easy going conversations, certainly not the grilling session type. The process however took 2 months longer than initially expected.

Interview Question – There were no surprises in the interview phase.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As always, read the fine print and find ways for them to guarantee the responsibilities you will be given.

Worked for Deutsche Bank? Contribute to the Community!