Deutsche Bank Interview Questions

Updated 19 Sep 2014
Updated 19 Sep 2014

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Depending on which position you are applying for, the skill-set requirement is different. In coverage, you need to be good at communication and relationship management. For trading, I think a good trader has an inherent trading acumen which is difficult to develop. You will know yourself if you have it, and with being aware about the markets in college, you will be able to clear interviews. If you have done a non-financial or non-economic degree,I would advise you to develope basic knowlege of finance, various securities, derivatives and basic concepts of economics.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a lot of puzzles most of which I was able to answer. I was not able to answer one puzzle but the interviewer didn't worry about it.   Answer Question

Train to Hire Program for Birmingham Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

I applied online - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2014.

Online Application and then Assessment Centre which included competency interview, group exercise and a meeting with some current graduates. It was only a half day assessment centre from 12-4p.m so it was quite short.

Interview Questions
    • In the Group Exercise, the brieft ws read quickly and you didn't have access to it. My group missed a point and went in a completely different direction then we were supposed to.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Online application, then HR round shortly followed by Director interview.

Market Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in March 2014.

5 stages. First phone interview, then on site written test on maths, statistics, basic programming and finance & banking. Then a presentation on a selected topic e.g. financial crisis, followed back interview with two VP from the department and finally a 1 to 1 interview with a director.

Interview Questions
    • Know everything on your CV inside out. Be prepared for what if, and what of, etc. Read extensively if you can.   Answer Question

Quantitative Risk Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in February 2014.

The process took one day, a telephone interview has been arranged by the recruiter. The questions was quite easy

Interview Questions
    • - Put me in a real context and asked me for the best risk strategy I will use
        Answer Question

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2014.

Typical 3-stage interview, following generic and contemporary techniques, using the 'Situational, Task, Remedial Action, Resolution,' methodology, including other more specific scenario analysis.

Cultural based scenario questions, including roe plays and written communication and numerical reasoning tests.

Other commercially sensitive techniques.

Interview Questions
    • Where can you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Train to Hire Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Contacted about a week and a half after initial application. First stage was a phone interview. They asked why I applied to DB and why GTO. Also asked about 3 different competency-based questions - one was explain a time when you resolved an issue.
    Final stage - assessment centre.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to report to senior management.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Analyst Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Telephone interview + two face-to-face interviews

Interview Questions
    • More on the competence side rather than the technical ones   Answer Question

Finance Summer Internship Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

2 to 1 first interview in London after an online numerical test

Interview Questions
    • competency based.
      when did you improve a process in your previous work experience
        Answer Question

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in November 2013.

Online tests followed by invitation to attend first round interview at DB offices. First round was a 40 minute 2-on-1 interview with two VPs from the division I applied to (Technology). Final round was three 30 minute 1-on-1 interviews with senior people from the division. Got a call a couple of hours after the final round interviews with a decision.

Interview Questions
    • There were no technical questions. My advice is to prepare for a lot of competency questions. The following will 100% be asked: "Why investment banking?", "Why Deutsche Bank?". They will also look for examples of teamwork/leadership/usual competency stuff. The most important thing to bear in mind is interview manner - speak confidently and make a positive impression on the interviewer. Based on the positive feedback from my interviews I advise future candidates to do the following: be confident, have a solid understanding of the industry and the role you want to do and have a few different examples you can draw from.   Answer Question
    Was called a few hours after the interview while I was on the train home and they offered me a place on the internship program. Was given two weeks to make a decision on the offer.

Worked for Deutsche Bank? Contribute to the Community!