Deutsche Bank Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Depending on which position you are applying for, the skill-set requirement is different. In coverage, you need to be good at communication and relationship management. For trading, I think a good trader has an inherent trading acumen which is difficult to develop. You will know yourself if you have it, and with being aware about the markets in college, you will be able to clear interviews. If you have done a non-financial or non-economic degree,I would advise you to develope basic knowlege of finance, various securities, derivatives and basic concepts of economics.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a lot of puzzles most of which I was able to answer. I was not able to answer one puzzle but the interviewer didn't worry about it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in June 2012.

1 - Online tests and telephone interview (standard numerical test and competency based interview)

2 - Assessment center (including a one on one interview as well as more tests and a presentation)

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in January 2014.

Typical 3-stage interview, following generic and contemporary techniques, using the 'Situational, Task, Remedial Action, Resolution,' methodology, including other more specific scenario analysis.

Cultural based scenario questions, including roe plays and written communication and numerical reasoning tests.

Other commercially sensitive techniques.

Interview Questions
    • Where can you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Market Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in March 2014.

5 stages. First phone interview, then on site written test on maths, statistics, basic programming and finance & banking. Then a presentation on a selected topic e.g. financial crisis, followed back interview with two VP from the department and finally a 1 to 1 interview with a director.

Interview Questions
    • Know everything on your CV inside out. Be prepared for what if, and what of, etc. Read extensively if you can.   Answer Question

Asset Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in November 2013.

Applied through the online form, after online tests had an onsite interview in Birmingham office - 1 technical 1 behavioral interview, both were based more or less on your CV, for example, I had listed investment management in my modules, so in the technical interview I got a lot of questions on probabilities, etc. Final round was 3 interviews with a mix of behavioral and technical questions, views on the markets, economy, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary, but prepare a stock or two to pitch especially if you have investment management experience on your CV.   Answer Question

Quantitative Risk Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in February 2014.

The process took one day, a telephone interview has been arranged by the recruiter. The questions was quite easy

Interview Questions
    • - Put me in a real context and asked me for the best risk strategy I will use
        Answer Question

Train to Hire Program for Birmingham Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

I applied online - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2014.

Online Application and then Assessment Centre which included competency interview, group exercise and a meeting with some current graduates. It was only a half day assessment centre from 12-4p.m so it was quite short.

Interview Questions
    • In the Group Exercise, the brieft ws read quickly and you didn't have access to it. My group missed a point and went in a completely different direction then we were supposed to.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President - Technology Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in May 2011.

3 rounds managerial, technical and HR

Interview Questions
    • it was product specific and was based on my experience   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Online application, then HR round shortly followed by Director interview.

Assistant Vice President Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in March 2011.

Three interviews with senior members of the team, followed by an interview with HR (which seemed a formality rather than a milestone to overcome--if you've made it to the HR interview then you should expect an offer). Good mix of technical and compentency based questions. They also want to build rapport so for the most part it felt like a friendly chat rather than a formal interview. I was very pleased with the quick turnaround as well--for me from the first interview to the offer was only about one week.

Interview Questions
    Very simple. They were extraordinarily responsive and supportive with my needs as a working mother--I need to leave work at a certain time in the evening and they have accommodated that brilliantly. I suppose it could be different with other teams but for mine I was pleasantly surprised how supportive they are.

Worked for Deutsche Bank? Contribute to the Community!