Dick's Sporting Goods Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015

2.2

Hunting Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queensbury, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Queensbury, NY (US)).

Interview

Unprofessional and was like a normal conversation between two people. Questions were easy to answer but had nothing to do with the job I was applying for. I ended up working in the Freight Flow and Operations Department. I wish I could have met my supervisor before I took the job. Was not what I had expected. Violent and enjoyed bullying employees.

Various Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

Quick to the point no more than 15 minutes. If they like you you will go on to a second interview with the store manager. They will ask you a lot of involvement questions as far as extracurricular activities. Maybe 6 to 10 questions. If you are a cashier you will have to take an assessment that tries to catch you in a lie. If you interview with them just tell them what they would like to hear!

Soft Lines Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

I was hired as a sales associate. They always ask competency questions in regards to your past employers and situations that you came across. You will have to answer with a situation, action, and result.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

Applied online at snagajob.com. Got a call back for an interview a few days later. Asked me basic interview questions (experience,skills,interests,etc.). Came back for a second interview next day with the store manager. Same questions as previous interview. I felt very good about both interviews and I had previous retail experience so I was very hopeful for a job offer. Store manager said he would definitely call me back. Again I felt very positive about this especially with my experience. Never got a call back waited for a few weeks not one word back from them. Very disappointed especially because they had told me they were very much in need of help(asked when I could start/come in, etc.)

Retail Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Detroit, MI (US)).

Interview

Applied online for holiday help in retail for women's apparel. Two interviews with two different employers. Asked mostly all situational questions. I didn't get the job because they didn't have enough time to train me for the holiday because of my non retail experience.

Interview Questions

• what sport do you know best?why? would others call you a sports enthusiast? why?   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

The process was quite lengthy. Phone interview, all day in person interview, final interview. Be prepared to talk to a lot of people and answer a lot of questions about your work history and answer your typical behavioral/situational questions.

The process took several weeks (4-5 weeks) from start to finish.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

Process took about 2 weeks. I received a call a few days later after applying to set up an interview. First had an interview with the operations manager, after the interview I took the "honesty test", and after that he said I was a prime candidate for the job and I would receive a call in a few days to set up a second interview with the store manager.

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online. About a week later I received a phone call to schedule an interview. I went to the interview and it was very chill. That could be because the manager was young and it went real smooth. The questions where not that hard. I think he was just looking for someone who was willing to work. We ended up talking about other stuff more than interview questions anyways. As long as you go in with a positive attitude, you should do fine.

Lease Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

First a phone interview, then was contacted a few days later and invited to come in for an in-person interview. There I met with the recruiter and toured the (amazing) headquarters building. About two hours were spent in 3 consecutive interviews with supervisors & HR. Everyone was extremely friendly and you could tell they truly loved working at the company. The interviews were conversational and there were no surprise or hard questions, just the general interview Qs, plus some questions specific to the position. I didn't receive an offer, but it was an all around positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time you had to deal with angry clients and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Apparel Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was at 11am and the manager who did my interview made me wait 15 minutes before she came to get me.

Then asked me the same questions over and over but with different wording. Had second interview same day with the store manager who was super nice. Overall the interviews seemed promising for a great job - but after my first week I found myself hating this job more than anything else and going home crying because of the lack of training and communication.