Dick's Sporting Goods

Updated 20 Jan 2015
Updated 20 Jan 2015

2.2

Footwear Lead Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Asked questions about what would i do scenarios and sports questions .experience a plus in shoes. I knew knowledge in all athletic shoes and had worked for a prior sports store so they like me a lot.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer was unhappy with service!   View Answer
    Hired on the spot. Got paid what I asked on app starting 9.50 hr.

Team Sports Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Very, very simple, basis knowledge of the sports industry and if you are able to adhere to all he company policies. Was asked to drive in to tell me I received the job, Even though a phone call would have been just fine. All in all, it is very easy to get a job here if you have any retail experience at all.

Team Sports Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

The application is online and straightforward. I was called by the softlines manager a few days later and brought in for an interview. I interviewed with the store manager and the hardlines manager, but not the softlines manager. This confused me, but I learned that you are basically a number to fill a gap. Maybe at first you are thought to be in apparel but then they decide they need you in team sports. It is all quite arbitrary. Anyway, I then took a short quiz on basic business ethics and was told to just hang out for a few minutes as the hardlines manager and store manager discussed. I was offered the job and told they would contact me soon with details. The store manager called the next to discuss wages and inform me of when I should come in for my first day of work and training.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions are very simple, pre-prepared by the corporate offices   Answer Question
    They do not make it seem like a negotiation. They offered me pay and I said "yes". You can haggle with they a bit. I would say aim for $9.00/hr if you are going to be in apparel or footwear. Those departments are constantly busy and usually understaffed.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Was referred to the company by state unemployment got an email setting a time and place for interview. The interview was at a hotel conference center and there were about 10 to 15 people waiting to get interviewed. The first interview was with the softlines manager which was a prepared interview were he read questions typed up by HR about customer service and why you want the job, and after him i went to take an online test on the hotel computers. After a few minutes the same manager and the admin assistant read my results and told me to wait and that is when the store manager called me over to go over the position and to see if i was comfortable up selling credit cards and warranties. During that phase he made me read the employment agreement which says the position, wage and whether its full time and part time.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, take it or leave it. Wages are set by corporate on a scale by position.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

I had a total of 3 interviews for a sales associate position. I was not really sure what to think of the hiring process at first, but once I was hired everything went smooth.

Interview Questions
    • How come only the "bigger" stores get release products?   View Answer

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

It was a good interview I think Matt was my boss good guy we had alot in common both were former athletes adn went to the same school we talked about that, where he lived and went with the company. Not to hard of a interview.

Footware Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

I had 3 interviews in 1 day, and was basically hired that same day. I was interviewed by the Hardlines Mgr, then the Softlines Mgr and finally the Store Mgr.

N/A

Seasonal Hire Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Meet with a manager he asked me some basic questions, had me take a test. 15 min later meet with a different manager who said I passed and then asked me a few more questions. Followed up by an offer for a seasonal position. PS I have no experience

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

It was an interview for a new store opening. Was in a room interviewing with the soft-lines manager. Also ended up interviewing with the hard-lines manager. First interview was 45 minutes long and the second was about 15 minutes. A lot of questions related to "my passion" and the sport that I enjoyed. They were trying to gauge just how much I knew about my sport/skill. Was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me About Yourself" -- seems so simple, but always throws me off guard.   View Answer
    I had my minimum salary that i would accept on my application. I received a call back a few days later stating that I had the job and they would give me my minimum salary desired. I was not able to negotiate a higher wage.

Merchandising Training Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Applied through campus/university recruiting; interviewed on campus for the first round. It was two 45 minute back to back behavioral questions interview. Nothing out of the ordinary. First guy was very disinterested in the whole process, while the second woman seemed to enjoy being there. Did not get a second Interview though they warned everyone they had been interviewing hundreds of students And had roughly 30 spots for the second round interview

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you delegated a task and if it was successful or not   Answer Question