Dick's Sporting Goods

Updated 27 Oct 2014
Updated 27 Oct 2014

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

The interview process overall was relatively easy. The majority of questions revolved around expertise in athletic equipment and apparel as well as customer service experience.
    The first interview was with an assistant manager. The second interview was with the store manager and the offer followed directly after the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in when you received poor customer service. What made it poor? Describe a time in which you received good customer service and what made it good?   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Great Interview. Have great information on the posithen. Short but they basically ask about the experience in retail that I had and what I would generally expect on a daily basis

Lodge Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

I applied online and heard back within a week. Came in for an interview with the associate manager. He asked basic questions about my experience with outdoor goods. Immediately had an interview with the store manager. Her questions were about the same. They offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. All it took was being able to hold a conversation.   Answer Question
    In the initial interview he gave me a rough figure and when they offered me the job they said they would stick to the original figure he mentioned but it would break the wage scale so they would have to get it approved.

Sales Support Manager Interview

3 interviews - usually starts at each store and with the General Manager. Approval by the Regional manager. Filling out the usual paperwork and questions. Looking for someone with high energy. They will explain the job as one function, but will then have to handle more than what was first advertised or explained. Very little room for advancement as new management is brought in from the outside. Be careful of promises for career advancement. Will not happen.

Footwear Associate Interview

Very simple. Just be friendly and positive during the interview. Make sure you seem interested in learning more about shoes. It was a very easy interview and it seems like they will hire just about anybody.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

It was a good and easy interview process. The managers were great at making you feel comfortable and explaining the job. All the questions were pretty basic, i wasn't hit with anything unexpected. After the second interview was told right away that i got the job and got to get into the job pretty easy and fast.

Apparel Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Basically asked you why you were applying for the position, what was minimally expected of you and what the position basically entailed. They did not go into much detail of the position and what was required of you as an apparel associate.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what sports I was into and while that doesn't seem like an unexpected question working for a sporting goods retailer I was a little thrown. I was there interviewing for a part time job while going to school,not an in on how to get a discount on my favorite sports equipment.   Answer Question

Merchandising Training Program Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in October 2014.

two back to back 30 min interviews. both are all behavioral based. theyll ask what you know about dicks and do not use group projects in your answers! they were very nice. they make you feel relaxed and it isnt high pressured. not worth getting nervous about. just google behavioral questions online. go to their little info session, they give you a lot of info you can use

Interview Questions
    • what is a time where you marketed something in a unique way   Answer Question

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in October 2014.

I essentially applied online because there was a brand new Store opening in my city, after the first application I was then asked when will be a convenient time to interview with that at a hotel. Upon entering the hotel, I noticed I was the first person to be interviewed in a big room that had other stations for other candidates. I answered some average questions and scenerios and shared my love for sports. I then took a 55 questioned survey and was intervieed by the new store manager and the interview with him was more specific on terms of my value to the store. I presented myself to be a valuable asset given the fact I can wok for any department, and he then asked how much I was expecting to be paid; I answered back with a respectable $8. He then sent me out and after a few minutes, he approached me with a job offer on spot. I applied for a cashier position but was hired for Footwear associate and paid $10 an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in your life(whether in your previous job or sport) that you had to deal with a frustrated person and how did you resolve the problem.   Answer Question
    The manager presented me an offer I could not turn down.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in October 2014.

Interview process started with a phone interview with the recruiter, then a face to face with the DM, and finally a phone interview with the LP Manager and the Human Resources Manager.