Dick's Sporting Goods

Updated 2 Oct 2014

1.9

59 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

It is really laid back. You meet with the Store Manager. He ask you a few questions. All person has to do is be able to hold a conversation. Talk about sports and what you enjoy about retail. When it comes to hiring a person just needs to be ready for a few online videos about the departments. That process take about half a day.

Interview Questions
  • The questions were very basic. How would handle a situation with a difficult customer?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

The hiring process took about 2 weeks. I was contacted about 4-5 days after submitting an application online to ask some basic questions and set up an in-person interview. I met with the soft lines manager for the first interview. It was a pretty standard, straight forward interview and was a very casual/non-intimidating atmosphere. After the interview, she had me take a computer test to check my competency as a person and potential employee. This took about 15-20 minutes. I was contacted 3 days after my first interview to come in the following Monday (3 days after I received the call). The second interview was basically the same as the first interview except I met with the store manager. I was contacted later the same day notifying me that I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Just a lot of basic interview questions, plus a few questions about favorite sports etc.   Answer Question
    There was very little negotiating as I was offered a salary towards the upper end of what they would normally offer someone for that position.

Sales Associate Interview

The process was relatively straightforward as far as a job in being a sales associate goes. I applied at a store. A few days later I talked to a manager at the store. Then I just had to deal with one person in HR.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about experience I had in being a salesperson, of which I did not have much.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview process was simple, fast, and easy. Standard questions such as work conflicts that I've had and how I handled them, what I believe is good customer service etc. I had one interview and was hired by the store manager. I filled out all my paperwork and started two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a conflict with a supervisor? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in August 2014.

3 interviews. 4 week process. Lots of back and forth communication. First interview was with a sales associate advisor. Second was with a team leader. Third was with store manager. All very kind. They just want someone who cares about the customer on a personal level.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself working in the store?   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Dicks Sporting Goods?   Answer Question
    I don't have any work experience so I was offered minimum wage which I gladly accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in August 2014.

I applied online and they answered me within 24 hours. My first interview was with the Service Manager. Fairly Easy. They ask you questions about your employment history, your schedule, and about customer service. My second interview was with the Department Manager. They also asked the same questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you easy questions. They ask about employment history, how are you a athlete   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in August 2014.

i applied online, 5 days later i got a call asking for a 1;1 interview it was really easy:) the man was super nice rand the questions were really simple :) loved it

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brunswick, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brunswick, GA (US)

Standard Questions. I applied online and it took a week or two to get back to me. when they did i had an interview with a manager. the manager really didn't really seem that interested in the interview process and not too mention that they made me wait a while for it. i had a second interview the next day with a different manager and they said they would call me if i had the job. they never called.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do while dealing with an unhappy customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

If you can form logical sentences and talk to people - you're good to go.
    Actually, even if you can't meet either of those conditions... you're probably good to go.
    Applied online, in person interview, I think they offered me the job later that day... holiday season, they really needed people.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

I applied online. One week later I received a call from the sales manager and set up an interview. The interview was simple. They asked behavioral questions (tell me about a time when...) and about my sports interests etc. Then I had to take an online personality questionnaire. I was then asked back for a second interview the following day. I met with the store manager he asked similar questions and I was then offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • They asked for a time when I had experienced bad customer service. It caught me off guard because those things don't usually bother me too much.   Answer Question