Digitas Interview Questions & Reviews

126 interviews

Programmer Director Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Digitas in April 2014.

Hiring process is very informal, to the point and organized. I was made to feel welcome and throughout my interaction touchpoints, I appreciated the fact that these guys are really serious about recruiting. However, need to watch out and double-check the level at which you would be interviewing. I went in to interview for a Programme Director role, but ended up being interviewed by a Junior PM.
    Interview process consists of three rounds - first round will be with Head of Delivery and/or Programme Director. This round is a classic resume-based Q&A in which the panel generally tries to assess fitment and eligibility.
    Second Round is a case-study based interview where you would be given a simple case study that will typically have a client and its problem statement and key objectives and you would have approximately 45 minutes to review the case study and prepare a plan, approach, deliverables, staffing, risks, assumptions view. After 45 minutes, you will be interviewed by the panel - the format is free-flowing. You will be asked to present your workings to the panel and the panel will ask you questions either to probe a bit deeper or to clarify their understanding.
    Once this round is over, then you go to the final round - HR round where you negotiate salary etc.

Interview Questions
    • It was a simple case study-based interview. Nothing difficult about it.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Digitas.

There is one round of the interview process, where you speak with 4 different account managers for about 30 minutes each. each of them ask about your background and previous experiences that you have on your resume. The interview was more like a conversation, and less puzzling questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you failed and had to make that a positive experience/   Answer Question

Analyst Strategy and Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Digitas.

I was contacted by a recruiter from Boston on LinkedIn. I had a quick phone interview and was quickly brought in for an in-person interview. The process took 3 hours and I was asked very specific questions about my background as well as some problem-solving questions. I received a tentative offer by phone the same week. However, an official offer was not sent until four weeks later.

Interview Questions
    Able to negotiate slightly.

Associate Director, Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Digitas.

Initial communication was quick and interviews set up quickly but follow ups took weeks. Two rounds of interviews (in person and by phone) then reference checks later, got an offer that was outside range for position. Was able to negotiate slightly but then they started downplaying my extensive experience and qualifications and wouldn't budge. They even admitted I would be working at a higher-level and would expect more of me but wouldn't agree to pay me closer to market value for the position. I declined the offer and called two other competitors who I am discussing next steps with now.

Interview Questions
    • None - all were pretty much conversational and involved my work experience and the types of projects I managed over the years. I was impressed with the professionalism and intelligent people I met during this process.   Answer Question

Analyst Strategy and Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in January 2014.

I was referred by a contact with ties inside the Digitas Boston office. I received an email from a recruiter soon after, who then set up an initial phone screening. One week after the phone call, I interviewed with two managers and two VP/directors on the S&A team. Each person interviewed me for 30 minutes, and all conversations were back to back. The recruiter called me the next day to offer me the position.

Questions were mostly behavioral and experience-based, but there were a couple of strategy-related/case questions. If you look through and practice answering questions that are laid out in past Digitas S&A interview reviews on Glassdoor, you should be in good shape.

Interview Questions
    • If you were Volkswagen and you were running an ad during the Super Bowl, what would you do to prepare beforehand?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Analyst Strategy and Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  South San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in March 2014.

Interviewed with two program directors in person and one phone interview on site. Expect you to be both creative and analytical. One of the interviews is a case study. The interviewer gave me some data sheets and asked what campaigns were performing well and and which ones were not performing to standards.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Digitas.

very organized, nothing too complicated. Very laid back. Human resources was very helpful and kind through out the whole process. I spoke to 4 different people. 3 in one department and one in another

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing too difficult. It was all about me and my past experiences   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate

Associate Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Digitas in April 2014.

I Went to a super-day in the office for seniors. It was set-up speed dating style with 3 rounds of interviews. However, the lounge area was so small, I was literally shouting to my interviewer for her to hear me. Moreover, all the interviewers asked me simple and meaningless questions. Nothing constructive or questions that allowed me to explain my extensive experience in this position. I do not understand how they evaluated which candidates they wanted to select. Maybe favorites or friends to employees?...

All in all, one of the worst interview experiences i ever had. I dont think this process was thought all the way through.

Analyst Media Optimization and Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 8+ weeks - interviewed at Digitas in May 2014.

For such an extensive interview process. I was expecting a offer the next day. Everything I had prepared for was not asked. They kept questions general mostly about experience and myself. Nothing technical. I interviewed with four individuals. The VP, 3 associate directors and a manager. Each pair was only suppose to interview me for 45 minutes or so but of course it went longer. I was there in total for about 2 hours. The first pair showed up late to interview me. One thing I noticed during the interview is that these folks are really attached to their phones. As in being so rude to be on your cellphone while your colleague interviews me. In both pairs you'll have one interviewer who behaves in a manner that says hey I care about what you're saying and the other who is either too far perched up on their own tree to even look at you and might ask one question.

How would you describe wifi to someone who has been in a coma for 10 years? Funny thing about this question, it just shows how little these people do know about technology. Wifi has been around since the 90's. Regardless, they said they asked me this question to see how I can take something really technical and break it down so anyone can easily understand this.

I got two brain teaser questions: First one being, how many times do 3 consecutive numbers appear on a digital clock? At first they said a 12 hour clock so I imagined a analog clock, but then they corrected themselves and said a digital clock-which kind of made things easier. The answer? 34 times. I looked it up later and found that the answer is online.

Second question: There are 10 two-seater cars attached to a Ferris wheel. The Ferris wheel turns so that one car rotates through the exit platform every minute. The wheel began operation at 10 in the morning and shut down 30 minutes later. What's the maximum number of people that could have taken a ride on the wheel in that time period? FUN STUFF I KNOW. So I thought up my best answer and emailed it in just as I did with the first one.

- For the first nine minutes the Ferris wheel is moving, the cars arriving at the unloading zone are unoccupied. For the last nine minutes of operation, needless to say, no one will be allowed to board the cars.From the time the Ferris wheel fills up at 10 minutes past the hour until the last passenger steps off at 10:30, a total of 21 sets of passengers will have taken a ride on the Ferris wheel.

Then i get a email response to this and it says: I would have said 60 but it turns out, you cannot board the ride mid-air!!!

BOOM. Oh and yeah I wasn't offered the position.

Honest opinion? Don't waste your time with this place.

Interview Questions
    • how many times do 3 consecutive numbers appear on a digital clock?

Answer Question

Search Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in October 2012.

After a current employee passed my resume to HR, a recruiter reached out via phone and then I had an in person interview. I was offered the job within a week of the interview.

I was able to negotiate a higher salary.

Worked for Digitas? Contribute to the Community!