Digitas

Relevance Date Difficulty

Programmer Director Interview

Programmer Director
London, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Digitas in April 2014.

Interview Details Hiring process is very informal, to the point and organized. I was made to feel welcome and throughout my interaction touchpoints, I appreciated the fact that these guys are really serious about recruiting. However, need to watch out and double-check the level at which you would be interviewing. I went in to interview for a Programme Director role, but ended up being interviewed by a Junior PM.
Interview process consists of three rounds - first round will be with Head of Delivery and/or Programme Director. This round is a classic resume-based Q&A in which the panel generally tries to assess fitment and eligibility.
Second Round is a case-study based interview where you would be given a simple case study that will typically have a client and its problem statement and key objectives and you would have approximately 45 minutes to review the case study and prepare a plan, approach, deliverables, staffing, risks, assumptions view. After 45 minutes, you will be interviewed by the panel - the format is free-flowing. You will be asked to present your workings to the panel and the panel will ask you questions either to probe a bit deeper or to clarify their understanding.
Once this round is over, then you go to the final round - HR round where you negotiate salary etc.

Interview Question – It was a simple case study-based interview. Nothing difficult about it.   Answer Question

Detroit, MI (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Digitas.

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter from Boston on LinkedIn. I had a quick phone interview and was quickly brought in for an in-person interview. The process took 3 hours and I was asked very specific questions about my background as well as some problem-solving questions. I received a tentative offer by phone the same week. However, an official offer was not sent until four weeks later.

Interview Question – How many barber shops are there in the United States.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate slightly.

Associate Director, Project Management Interview

Associate Director, Project Management
Boston, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Digitas.

Interview Details Initial communication was quick and interviews set up quickly but follow ups took weeks. Two rounds of interviews (in person and by phone) then reference checks later, got an offer that was outside range for position. Was able to negotiate slightly but then they started downplaying my extensive experience and qualifications and wouldn't budge. They even admitted I would be working at a higher-level and would expect more of me but wouldn't agree to pay me closer to market value for the position. I declined the offer and called two other competitors who I am discussing next steps with now.

Interview Question – None - all were pretty much conversational and involved my work experience and the types of projects I managed over the years. I was impressed with the professionalism and intelligent people I met during this process.   Answer Question

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in January 2014.

Interview Details I was referred by a contact with ties inside the Digitas Boston office. I received an email from a recruiter soon after, who then set up an initial phone screening. One week after the phone call, I interviewed with two managers and two VP/directors on the S&A team. Each person interviewed me for 30 minutes, and all conversations were back to back. The recruiter called me the next day to offer me the position.

Questions were mostly behavioral and experience-based, but there were a couple of strategy-related/case questions. If you look through and practice answering questions that are laid out in past Digitas S&A interview reviews on Glassdoor, you should be in good shape.

Interview Question – If you were Volkswagen and you were running an ad during the Super Bowl, what would you do to prepare beforehand?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Analyst Strategy and Analysis
South San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in March 2014.

Interview Details Interviewed with two program directors in person and one phone interview on site. Expect you to be both creative and analytical. One of the interviews is a case study. The interviewer gave me some data sheets and asked what campaigns were performing well and and which ones were not performing to standards.

Interview Question – Case Study   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
New York, NY (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Digitas.

Interview Details very organized, nothing too complicated. Very laid back. Human resources was very helpful and kind through out the whole process. I spoke to 4 different people. 3 in one department and one in another

Interview Question – There was nothing too difficult. It was all about me and my past experiences   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Associate Media Planner Interview

Associate Media Planner
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Digitas in April 2014.

Interview Details I Went to a super-day in the office for seniors. It was set-up speed dating style with 3 rounds of interviews. However, the lounge area was so small, I was literally shouting to my interviewer for her to hear me. Moreover, all the interviewers asked me simple and meaningless questions. Nothing constructive or questions that allowed me to explain my extensive experience in this position. I do not understand how they evaluated which candidates they wanted to select. Maybe favorites or friends to employees?...

All in all, one of the worst interview experiences i ever had. I dont think this process was thought all the way through.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Analyst Media Optimization and Technology Interview

Analyst Media Optimization and Technology
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 8+ weeks - interviewed at Digitas in May 2014.

Interview Details For such an extensive interview process. I was expecting a offer the next day. Everything I had prepared for was not asked. They kept questions general mostly about experience and myself. Nothing technical. I interviewed with four individuals. The VP, 3 associate directors and a manager. Each pair was only suppose to interview me for 45 minutes or so but of course it went longer. I was there in total for about 2 hours. The first pair showed up late to interview me. One thing I noticed during the interview is that these folks are really attached to their phones. As in being so rude to be on your cellphone while your colleague interviews me. In both pairs you'll have one interviewer who behaves in a manner that says hey I care about what you're saying and the other who is either too far perched up on their own tree to even look at you and might ask one question.

How would you describe wifi to someone who has been in a coma for 10 years? Funny thing about this question, it just shows how little these people do know about technology. Wifi has been around since the 90's. Regardless, they said they asked me this question to see how I can take something really technical and break it down so anyone can easily understand this.

I got two brain teaser questions: First one being, how many times do 3 consecutive numbers appear on a digital clock? At first they said a 12 hour clock so I imagined a analog clock, but then they corrected themselves and said a digital clock-which kind of made things easier. The answer? 34 times. I looked it up later and found that the answer is online.

Second question: There are 10 two-seater cars attached to a Ferris wheel. The Ferris wheel turns so that one car rotates through the exit platform every minute. The wheel began operation at 10 in the morning and shut down 30 minutes later. What's the maximum number of people that could have taken a ride on the wheel in that time period? FUN STUFF I KNOW. So I thought up my best answer and emailed it in just as I did with the first one.

- For the first nine minutes the Ferris wheel is moving, the cars arriving at the unloading zone are unoccupied. For the last nine minutes of operation, needless to say, no one will be allowed to board the cars.From the time the Ferris wheel fills up at 10 minutes past the hour until the last passenger steps off at 10:30, a total of 21 sets of passengers will have taken a ride on the Ferris wheel.

Then i get a email response to this and it says: I would have said 60 but it turns out, you cannot board the ride mid-air!!!

BOOM. Oh and yeah I wasn't offered the position.

Honest opinion? Don't waste your time with this place.

Interview Question – how many times do 3 consecutive numbers appear on a digital clock?

Answer Question

Search Marketing Analyst Interview

Search Marketing Analyst
Boston, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in October 2012.

Interview Details After a current employee passed my resume to HR, a recruiter reached out via phone and then I had an in person interview. I was offered the job within a week of the interview.

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a higher salary.

Associate Director - Strategy & Analysis Interview

Associate Director - Strategy & Analysis
New York, NY (US)

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in March 2014.

Interview Details The interviews were fine. There were 2 initial phone screens and then they invited me in for in-person. I met with 4 people for 30 mins each in their individual offices which honestly weren't very nice but fine. The interviews seem to me to have went well. I currently work in a similar position at a competing company so I feel well qualified. The issue was I never heard back with a final determination. I followed up with the recruiter who said I would hear back soon then nothing. I sent 2 more emails which were ignored and not responded to so I dropped it. I just find it so rude and unprofessional that they don't follow up even to say something like they went with another candidate but let's keep in touch.

Interview Question – Lots of questions about my current work since I have a similar job at a competing agency.   Answer Question

Worked for Digitas? Contribute to the Community!