Dillard's Interview Questions

Updated 17 Apr 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

I heard they're hiring, so I applied online, then quick phone interview, one on one interview, come in to check and fill out a lot of form, Overall the interview was average, not too difficult or too easy.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Talked my head off. Really unsure about how to interview for a sales based position. I dressed professional and answered the questions to the best of my ability. I had a follow up interview with another manager. He liked what I had to say and I asked when could I start.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I started high, they started low, and then we met in the middle.

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Quick phone interview followed by in-store interview, be sure to fill out the online application prior to showing up, their computer system at the store is extremely slow. There is a two-part questionnaire that you have to complete as a part of the application that will take about 15-20 minutes

Interview Questions

• What would make you a good manager?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Dillard's (Chandler, AZ (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied on college website and was contacted by the Store Manager for an interview. About 3 weeks later, I had a second interview with the VP of Dillard's. Offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about yourself. Some situational and behavioral. Questions about the company and retail.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dillard's (Charleston, SC (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The very first interview was and hour and half long. The store manager and the regional manager just talked up Dillard's the entire time. The second interview was one on one with the assistant regional manager. The second interview was a little more challenging but very engaging.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dillard's (Columbia, SC (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I got a phone call from the secretary who scheduled the interview after applying online. I met with the store manager, who after looking at my resume, asked if I had experience selling shoes (which I had many years experience). She explained the Dillard's way of selling shoes, the commission bonus system (9% per regular priced shoe, plus 3.5% for new arrival shoes). I asked her a few questions about the job, and filled out a background check form, which gave them permission to do a background check on me. I got the call saying I got the job before I got home, within 15 minutes of leaving the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dillard's (Oklahoma City, OK (US)).

Interview

Basically I applied online and I have a really close friend that works there so I put her down as an employee reference. About a week later, I got a call from Dillard's and the woman was extremely nice. I go to the interview and I had thought that I got the job because she copied my drivers license and ID and we did the military background check and I filled out a bunch of papers but I still haven't received a call back. She told me to call her in a week if I didn't hear from her so I did and she said she was waiting for the sales managers to give her open positions.It's been two weeks. Not even a call to tell me that I didn't get the job, I even emailed her and she didn't respond.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

I submitted an application and it took about two weeks before I was contacted. I met with one of the hiring managers who proceeded to ask me general interview questions and "if I were in this situation what would I do" type of questions. Then I was called back for a second interview with the general manager who ask me why I wanted to work there and they said they would give me a call if I got the job after the weekend.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you handled a situation where the customer was unhappy.   Answer Question

Women Shoes Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dillard's (Denton, TX (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

First an interview with the manager of the store and then a second interview with the Shoes manager. They had a training assistant manager sitting in on my first interview, but he was training. They asked for my schedule availability, if I leaned toward one position more than another and informed me on the basics like pay, benefits and time off.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Dillards?   1 Answer

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Meet with Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager in a one on one setting within the store. Given a tour of the store. Introduced to the Manager you will be working with and then asked some questions by them as well.

Interview Questions

• What is your vision for the position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.