Dillard's

219 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Dillard's in April 2013.

Interview Details Process took less than a week. I applied by sending my resume via Monster. Got a call about two days later from the HR secretary asking if I wanted to come in to fill out an actual application and possibly have an interview the same day. Went the next day, but the store manager was busy with a conference call. Called in the evening to come in the following day. Sat down with the store manager, and asked the normal "Why here?" question. It was a typical interview for about two minutes before he switched to talking about the Men's Department floor, which products they had, etc. I knew I had the job then.

Interview Question – Why Dillard's?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just a set salary at $11 an hour.

Sales Specialist Interview

Sales Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dillard's in October 2011.

Interview Details Management is polite but It can be very intimidating and it is very much judges on your appearance and wether you have experience or are applying for multiple jobs at once. Multiple interviews and the training isnt very elaborate.

Sales Associate
Burnt Store Marina, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dillard's in August 2014.

Interview Details I filled out an application and got called in for an interview two days later the following week was my interview my interview consist of two interviewers one was easy going the other not so much

Interview Questions

Meridian, MS (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dillard's in August 2013.

Interview Details Brief interview was recruited training could have been a lot better this was very skippy .They do not go over policy very good or how your pay will be cut if your sales are not there.

Interview Question – policy and procedures   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I only work part time They have to work around my other job because I do not have to worry about my pay there.

Women Shoes Sales Associate Interview

Women Shoes Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview Details You walk in and they ask some product knowledge and if you are comfortable with up-selling. They ask you some basic sales questions about how to approach people that may walk in to the store. It was a very simple interview which should have concerned me because the company just wants a live body to replace the last one.

Interview Question – "Are you comfortable not taking "No" for an answer at any time?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They pay everyone about the same rate, there is no room for negotiation as the more you make, they more ridiculous your quota is.

EDP Interview

EDP
Little Rock, AR (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Dillard's in November 2012.

Interview Details There were 2 interviews. A phone interview and an interview in Little Rock. The interview in Little Rock was very educational and I was able to interact with buyers and other senior management.

Interview Question – I didn't find the interview process that intimidating. They did most of the talking.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Mesa, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview Details Applied for the position, literally got a call the next day to set up an interview. I was interviewed by the operations manager. Interview basically consisted of telling him about my work history and experience. He told me what was required to work at Dillard's as a sales associate. Asked me if I was willing to approach people and if I was comfortable starting conversations with strangers. I said yes so he told me he would go ahead and submit the background check. This was on Monday, my first shift was on Friday.

Interview Question – Would you feel comfortable approach customers and talking to them about items?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't even try to negotiate, starting pay is $12 an hour which is significantly better than most retail stores. I accepted it.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Assistant Buyer

I interviewed at Dillard's in November 2013.

Interview Details The interviewer seemed to talk and "lecture" me the majority of the interview. When he did let me talk he asked very general questions and did not seem at all interested in what I had to say. In general, the interviewer seemed very cold and impersonal. I was surprised that I was offered the next round of interviews.

Interview Question – Explain a time when I worked well with a team   Answer Question

Saint George, UT (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dillard's in July 2014.

Interview Details Too many steps for an entry level retail job. Online application, then a test that requires 45 minutes, then two interviews and a background check, then hurry up and wait. The second interview was the bad cop interview designed to put stress on you. The first was really just to see how you look and if you fit the bill for their company image.

Interview Question – Tell me all about yourself.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied online and interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview Details I was called and asked if I was still interested in the position. I said yes and set up an interview. I honestly cannot remember the questions but I wouldn't worry too much. Once you're interviewed you pretty much have the job. They will have you fill out a computer personality test after the interview.

Worked for Dillard's? Contribute to the Community!