Dillard's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cosmetic Sales Interview

Cosmetic Sales
Shreveport, LA (US)

I interviewed at Dillard's in May 2011.

Interview Details I just went there, filled out the application, asked to speak to management. Was hired. There really isn't more to say. I was wearing a dress and had my hair done and makeup on like usual.

Interview Question – wasn't really asked a question   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Cosmetics Associate Interview

Cosmetics Associate
Memphis, TN (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview Details Craigslist ad--I responded, Cosmetics Manager emailed back, we scheduled an interview. She had a "flair for fashion" form she had to fill out on me. We talked about my clothes and "look." I answered standard interview questions regarding customer service and team spirit type questions. She asked about my availability. The interview ended. About two or three weeks later, I got a job offer from the actual assistant manager.

Interview Question – What would you do with $100.00 in our store?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I just took what they offered, which was $13.00/hour.

Dothan, AL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Dillard's in June 2014.

Interview Details Applied online at home through the dillards.com website and got a call for an interview the very next day. The interview consisted of me talking to one person about what was required of the position. Questions were asked about my schedule. Was told I would interview the following day for my second and third interview. Second interview was more of the same as the first and the third was an interview with the assistant store manager. After speaking with her I was asked for two forms of ID for my background check and that I would receive a call regarding it later that day or the very next day. Received the call the next day asking to start the following day at 11 am.

Interview Question – No questions besides my scheduling requirements.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations....pay starts at $12/hr.

Interviewed at Dillard's

Interview Details the application is done on the computer and is somewhat intensive. When you go to the interview they ask you very basic questions about what your passionate about in fashion and so on. You then go to a second interview with the assistant store manager and he asks the same questions.

Interview Question – no questions were hard to answer   Answer Question

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

Assistant Sales Manager

I applied through another source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview Details easy, the HR manager was sweet and easy to talk to, I was hired on the spot and started work the next week with 3 weeks training. other than this, there is really no other comments to make regarding the interviewing process at Dillard's. It was easy and quick. Before your personal interview with the D.O., you have to go on the company kiosk located in the Customer Service area to put in your work history and answer a questionnaire, all of which take about 20-30 minutes of your time.

Negotiation Details – short

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

AREA SALES MANAGER

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview Details Applicants must take a People Answers test before being considered for an interview. It is graded, if you test 2 or higher the applicant will be contacted for an interview. The applicant will interview with a manager of department where there is a job opening. If the manager likes the applicant, there will be a second interview with the store manager.

Interview Question – The People Answers test is very long, analyzes smarts and work ethics compared to that of Dillard's working environment. Best to take exam at home, where you are in a comfortable and quiet location.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation.

Sugar Land, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dillard's in September 2013.

Interview Details The process was simple. The operations assistant was cordial when she called me for the initial screening. She asked a few questions about my retail experience and why I left my last position. It took about five minutes and she scheduled me for an in-person interview with the store manager.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was why would a person with a master's degree want to work as a sales associate in a department store.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no opportunity to negotiate pay. The hourly rate was the same for all PT associates and your sales would be the main determinant of future increases.

Women's Contemporary Sales Associate Interview

Women's Contemporary Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Dillard's in October 2013.

Interview Details I called them a couple days after I applied to check the status of my application. The called me a couple days later to set up an interview. The interview was basic customer service questions. They asked when I had gone above and beyond for a customer and what 5 star customer service meant to me. I had a second interview with the assistant manager and it was the same questions so that was easy as well. I did not get offered the job until a week later I think.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected   Answer Question

Rogers, AR (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dillard's in May 2013.

Interview Details I went to the Dillard's store to customer service and had to take an online quiz. Once completed, I interviewed with the department manager of the department I wanted to work with and was then directed to interview with the store manager. The store manager offered me the position afterwards.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. He told me the base salary and said that I can get a raise based on my sales.

Fragrance/Cosmetics Sales Interview

Fragrance/Cosmetics Sales

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dillard's in May 2014.

Interview Details I applied online on Friday morning and recieved a phone call asking confirming an interview for the following Monday. My online application did not list details of my previous employment; I shared more of my previous retail experience in retail and expressed interest in Fragrance/Cosmetics. Halfway through the interview, the Cosmetics Department Manager was brought in and finished my interivew. About an hour or so after the interview, I received a call from the store manager with a job offer! I was asked to start that evening and the rest is history!

Interview Question – I was aksed to give my honest opinion of moving from previous sales in apparel to fragrance/cosmetics.   View Answer