Dillard's

Getting the Interview

185 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Macon, GA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Dillard's in April 2013.

Interview Details Good hiring process. Go through a lengthy questionnaire via computer in the mgt. office. Then called for an interview. Downside is that they only hire part time to begin with, then full time after 3 months, and you have to meet your quota in order to gain full time.

Interview Question – Question on your previous quota or numbers. From prior job. Did not have that information. So, in other words, how well did you sell and do you have any proof of that.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Little Rock, AR (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview Details The interview was pleasant, but quickly found it was not the company that I would be able to grow in quickly. The company has a very flat structure which is good, but is heavily managed by the family. Not a lot of room for growth for the the particular position.

Interview Question – How do you feel about starting in the training program regardless of experience.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dillard's in July 2011.

Interview Details easy questions
low staff so easy hire

Interview Question – none
very common and stright forward
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation straight pay

Dock Worker Interview

Dock Worker
Tulsa, OK (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dillard's in February 2014.

Interview Details It was relatively simple, went in, filled out a computer based application. Was interviewed shortly after by a manager. Was invited back for a second interview and was hired after a brief week long background check.

Negotiation Details – None

Saint Louis, MO (US)

I interviewed at Dillard's in September 2013.

Interview Details My Mom worked there so I made sure to put that I have family working for the company. They called me a few days later and I had an interview with someone in HR and a few days later with one of the sales managers. Fairly interview, you just have to convince them you know how to talk to people and can potentially move some product.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in retail? (It was hard for me because I really didn't want to take the job)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave me $11/hr with about 28 hours a week.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview Details I applied at Monster.com and got a call the next day. I had 2 interviews and was offered the job on the spot. I met the department manager of where they wanted me to work and all went fine. I was asked about why I enjoyed retail sales. He was most impressed by my desire to have good customer interaction as my main focus.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions. The time I was there was more about him selling me on Dillard's than my having to sell myself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I hesitated at 11. an hour so he offered 12. hour immediately.

Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dillard's in August 2010.

Interview Details Went well. No problems encounter during the interview.

Interview Question – All questions are related to the position I applied for.   Answer Question

Cosmetic Counter Manager Interview

Cosmetic Counter Manager
Norman, OK (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Dillard's in February 2010.

Interview Details On line application, they will call you back if they are interested and then there is a one on one sit down interview. If you are hired you will be with a group of others that were hired on at the same time. You will go through a month of training. Then you will be placed on the floor to work.

Interview Question – Dealing with numbers of production and needing to reach a percentage goal how was I going to do that.   Answer Question

Gilbert, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview Details Submitted resume through Monster.com. They called me within two hours of submitting resume. They had me come to the store and fill out an application and take an online assessment in the store. Then I had an interview with the Operations Manager (Assistant Store Manager). She hired me after running background check.

Interview Question – Name three traits that describe yourself in the workplace. Name three traits that describe yourself at home.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They ran a background check (took about two business days) and hired me.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Assistant Buyer
Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Dillard's in May 2010.

Interview Details Came to college campus, asked about company history, where I would see myself in 5 years, and other basic interview questions. Then I went to the buying office for interviews with the President, DMM, etc

Interview Question – Store history   Answer Question