Discovery Communications

67 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Planner & Analyst Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Discovery Communications in July 2011.

Interview Details Standard process - submitted my CV, heard back within a week, invited to a face-to-face interview with standard questions of talking about my CV & Discovery, then a phone interview focusing on my skills, then another face-to-face interview, which was very informal and more about getting to know me as a person to see if i was a good fit for the team.

Negotiation Details – study support, and study days.

Business Analyst Interview

London, England

I applied online and interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview Details First round was 15 minutes talking to HR, second round was on Skype, one hour speaking with the Business Development Director and manager of the team

Interview Question – - Did you ever encounter a difficult situation in your team? How did you solve it?
- Was there any situation where you were really upset with Management?
- If you could go back, would you do things differently?
- What was your major achievement?
- What do you like about Discovery? Which is your favorite program?
  Answer Question

Public Relations Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Discovery Communications in February 2014.

Interview Details I applied online through a job website. I was then contacted a week later to take a brief online test. Then did an automated video interview about a week later. the video interview was just basic behavioral questions. There is no opportunity to ask any additional questions. I did not hear back from them after that.

Interview Question – tell me about a time that you had to adjust?   Answer Question

Communications Intern Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview Details I applied online and then was sent a survey to fill out about salary and hours that I could work. I then did a video interview.

Interview Question – I had all basic questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview Details Submitted online application, received email notification about follow up responses. Was invited to an in-person interview with all the hiring managers and received a call several weeks later.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in a media firm given your background? (I interned in pharmaceutical companies exclusively)   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview Details I applied online and was asked to do a recorded online interview. I totally flubbed the first question because I was stressing about the 30-second time limit instead of thinking of what to say. I got an email saying my interview made it to the next step, and that they would send it to the individual departments. Yesterday, two weeks since the email, someone from Discovery looked at my LinkedIn, but I still have not been otherwise contacted since applying a month ago. Who knows.

Interview Question – "Who is your favorite Discovery character?"   View Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Interviewed at Discovery Communications

Interview Details Very informative interview, where they went through the process of what is to be expected of you in the position. The whole process took about 4 weeks from start to finish. Make sure you come with questions, and have some knowledge of the network-- since you are not 100% sure which network you are interviewing for.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Discovery Communications Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview Details Submitted application online. I was called back to answer a survey and then was asked to do an online interview. Question would be asked, I would have one minute to answer.

Interview Question – Please tell us which discovery show was your favorite and why   Answer Question

Audit Internship Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview Details I gave my online interview and still waiting to hear back. Not sure if this means rejection. Is there anyone who has been hired for Audit Internship for Summer 2014? Please help!

Interview Question – What discovery character do you like the most?   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Interview Details After I applied on their website, I received an invitation for a survey, which asks basic information and job location/position preferences. Then I got an video interview for behavioral questions, like tell me about yourself, which is your favorite character in Discovery, something you are proud of, your academic/professional achievements...

Interview Question – which is your favorite character in Discovery   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Discovery Communications

Worked for Discovery Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Discovery Communications Videos

Discovery Communications – Why Work for Us?

Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is the world's #1 nonfiction media company reaching more than two billion cumulative subscribers in over 220 countries and territories. Discovery is dedicated to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Discovery Communications interview questions and advice. All 67 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Discovery Communications employees and interview candidates.