Discovery Communications Interview Questions

Updated 12 Oct 2014

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

First round was 15 minutes talking to HR, second round was on Skype, one hour speaking with the Business Development Director and manager of the team

Interview Questions
    • - Did you ever encounter a difficult situation in your team? How did you solve it?
      - Was there any situation where you were really upset with Management?
      - If you could go back, would you do things differently?
      - What was your major achievement?
      - What do you like about Discovery? Which is your favorite program?
        Answer Question

Financial Planner & Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications in July 2011.

Standard process - submitted my CV, heard back within a week, invited to a face-to-face interview with standard questions of talking about my CV & Discovery, then a phone interview focusing on my skills, then another face-to-face interview, which was very informal and more about getting to know me as a person to see if i was a good fit for the team.

study support, and study days.

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

I applied online through their website after seeing a posting of an internship opportunity on my university's career services site. I got an email request for an interview after a week or so. The interview was a screening interview through video recording. I'd done something like it before so it wasn't too strange for me. There were 5 questions, with two minutes to answer each one, one for preparation, and the other for recording, all really general questions.

Intern Interview

I apply the position online. About two weeks later, I get the email said I got a video interview, the question is normal questions and they are not difficult. For the video interview, I think you should speak louder and practice before you record your answer.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications.

Applied online and was contacted by HR to do an at home video interview with 5 questions. Followed up via email and was asked to come in the following week, but it turns out they didn't even look at my video interview. Overall I really disliked their interview process and completely felt like just a number. They asked me to come back for another round of interviews which I declined because I didn't feel that their culture fit what I was looking for but was disappointed since their brand has a great reputation.

Intern Interview

After submitting an online application and waiting a few weeks, they sent me a survey on Survey Monkey asking me questions such as whether I was still interested, my GPA, my areas of interests. Very simple stuff. After another week or two I received an email telling me to conduct a virtual interview via Interview Stream. The virtual interview was very short and asked only 5 questions - why you're interested, greatest strength, etc. This was as far as I got in the interview process.

Social Media Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

I applied online through their careers page and was contacted a few weeks later for a video interview. Basically it was a program that showed questions on a screen and then recorded you giving your answers. I then was told I moved onto the next round and had a phone interview with my manager, who mainly asked about what my ideas for the companies were and if I actually had interest/experience with social media

Salesforce.com Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Discovery Communications.

Contacted first by a head hunter, followed by a phone interview with the boss. Got a call next day to set up an in person with the team. The interview was in two parts. Part 1 was a conversation with a few of the team members, part 2 was a "How would you do x". That evening I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do you add something to the home page?   View Answer

Intern Interview

The process was easy. All you need to do is do an online video. The questions were easy and I thought they would be a lot harder. You really dont need to prepatre for it at all.

Spring Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Tons of candidates got the career-fair interview oppportunity. But only about 5% got into the 1 on 1 interview. The whole process took about 3 months. The managers are open and willing to answer questions and overall it's was a good experience.