Dixons Retail Interview Questions

Updated 6 Apr 2015

Store Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dixons Retail (Manchester, England) in November 2014.

Interview

Formal but relaxed one-to-one. Clarity on the job role explained and you're asked what you're looking to achieve. Given an explanation of the career ladder if you ask. Training schemes are in places for free to all employees to aid in boosting their wage. I was able to state that the job was not my intended future 5 years down the line and they accepted that and still offered me a position.

Product Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hemel Hempstead, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dixons Retail (Hemel Hempstead, England) in October 2014.

Interview

Two experiences with this company a short time apart. One was woeful and uninspiring, the other relaxed and very positive. Both were 2:1 and included some strangely worded company-generic questions as well as the usual ones.

Head of Corporate Social Media Interview

Interview

Agency interview, followed by interview by Dixons HR interview, folllowed by interview with my future bosses. Offer made very quickly after that.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with an unlimited budget?   1 Answer

Sales Colleague Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dixons Retail in January 2014.

Interview

Current hiring process will involve some general questions + 5 minute "impress me" presentation and sales role play. They will expect you to sell PC or Tablet or TV. show you can listen to customer and immediately pick relevant add-ons accordingly (important). You will know what they are if you ever shopped there yourself (or just come in advance and pretend to be looking to buy - take a note of what sales person offering you).

Interview Questions

• All typical describe the situation type questions..   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dixons Retail (London, England) in September 2013.

Interview

Position advertised on direct.gov, I emailed my cv along with a well written cover letter as the content of the email. Reply received with interview details, after initial interview I was called back for a second interview after which I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about my prior experience within a sales role.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

interview process lasted 45 minutes and was centred around Microsoft and I was asked to describe a difficult situation where I exercised common logic to so solve problem.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundee, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dixons Retail (Dundee, Scotland) in September 2012.

Interview

2 stage interview been with company 2 times now very good for if i ever need a job in future if i decide to move again

Interview Questions

Negotiation

how many hours i wanted to work and what days if any did i needed set days off a week plain and simple

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dixons Retail (Coventry, England) in September 2011.

Interview

The job was advertised on the website and had to give online quiz. The online test needs to be done in certain time period and once selected after completion, you are called for the interview. I was interviewed twice, first by store asst manager and store manager, than by store director.
     The overall interview was very good, the company and the branch was very welcoming and nice.

Interview Questions

• How you respond to customer ?   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dixons Retail in April 2008.

Interview

Initially applied online, was shortlisted and got a call from HR to fix interview dates. Interview was with the hiring manager and another manager who only observed and hardly asked any questions. it was a long interview, about 1.5-2 hours. But with very typical interview type questions, what motivates you, describe a situation where you led a team out of a problem. There were about 30 questions.

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hemel Hempstead, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dixons Retail (Hemel Hempstead, England) in January 2008.

Interview

Initial call from HR, Online maths and verbal reasoning test at home, 2 face to face interviews