Dollar Tree

1.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2011.

Hiring process was pretty quick and easy. I was called in for an interview with the district manager after two days of applying. The DM asked me the standard questions that come from the Corporate Office.

Interview Questions
    • If you know the standard Corporate Questions you would do just fine. They do not throw in any curve ball questions.   Answer Question
    After 20 mins I was offered a position and we negotiated salary. They were paying much less than my previous job even with the bonus incentive but, it was hard to find a job during that time so I accepted the offer.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dollar Tree in November 2010.

Very basic. I recieved a phone call with the district manager of that region and had a brief interview. He then asked me to come in for a 1 on 1 interview. After setting up a time and date i decided to go check a store out to see what the work enviorment was like since I have never seen or really heard much about this company. I truly was amazed by all the different types of product they carry for just a buck. The actual interview was informal and lay back with me asking more questions about the company then the interviewer asking questions about me. I was hired on the spot after some negotiations.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate pay. And schedule

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2010.

I applied by turning in a paper application to the manager. I was contacted by the manager for the interview. At the interview, the manager was friendly and asked me to tell him about myself. Then he offered me the position.

This is what we pay (minimum wage); no room for negotiation.