Dow Jones

Updated 7 Dec 2014
Updated 7 Dec 2014

3.1

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dow Jones.

Fast paced and friendly but a little disorganised/ ad-hoc.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about this role? (A tricky one considering you're still interviewing for it...)   Answer Question

Customer Servce Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dow Jones in September 2013.

Initial Phone interview with HR followed by a second one with a global manager in the US. Invited to 2 more rounds of face-to-face interviews on site. On site skills test included a role play with a team member - you have to serve an unhappy customer over the phone to demonstrate your handle a difficult situation

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Dow Jones and products? Tell me about your self and experience? Tell me about your experience when you went extra mile to exceed a customer's expectation? Role-play type skills test.   Answer Question

Copy Editor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dow Jones.

Initial email contact and then a test followed by a phone interview. Very straightforward.

Straightforward. They made an offer, which I declined and the increased it slightly but made it clear that was as high as they could go. I accepted.

Research Editor Interview

after a week of submitting application form through the online. I get the phone called from the company and set up the conference interview. Since, I went back to my home country.. There are three sections of interview's process (Asking personal detail, giving scenario, research test) . Total time spend approximately 3 hours including test

Ps, the questions for interview are very general and follow the logic...
    I did not get this job but they are very professional to inform after your following up email.

Interview Questions
    • How you going to cope with the high volume of information?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dow Jones in November 2014.

Phone call from recruiter followed by phone interview followed by in-person interview. Recruiter called to cancel interview the day before the scheduled interview date because the team was "in flux". A month later, the recruiter emails me again and schedules another in-person interview. Took the day off to travel to NYC out of pocket, and chatted with team for an hour. Interview went well. Never heard from them again—though, to be honest, the thought of working next door to Fox News made me queasy anyway.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dow Jones.

Got the call about a couple of months after I applied for the position online. Swift phone interview, followed by a face-to-face interview and written test. A month or so later, got a call with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How I would integrate a group or a team with individuals from various countries and backgrounds and get the best out of them.   View Answer
    OK. Not much wriggle room for pay negotiation.

Research Editor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dow Jones.

Submitted application online and was contacted by a recruiter about 1 week later to set up a phone interview. Had an informal talk with the recruiter about the position, stuff on my resume, etc. At the end of the interview she said she'd like to set up a phone interview with the team. Had the phone interview with the team 2 weeks later and at the end they invited me for an in person interview at the office. I went to the office interview 1 week later. This interview consisted of an in person interview with 2 members of the team where they asked basic questions about my background and why I was interested in the position. There was then a written test with a research assignment. Offered the position one week later.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you better qualified than the other applicants?   Answer Question

Research Editor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dow Jones.

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter a week later. I interviewed with the recruiter for about 25 minutes and she set up a phone interview with the appropriate people for the following week. My phone interview seemed to go well and at the end, they asked if I would be willing or able to come into their office for an in-person interview in the next week or two. I said yes and they said they would be in touch. It's been 4+ weeks now and not a word. No response to my email from their recruiter either. While I recognize that HR employees are busy, it's unprofessional to leave candidates hanging for weeks without any update. A 'no' is always appreciated over silence. I know it's an employers market out there right now but being disrespectful to your candidates reflects poorly on the company and will hinder your ability in the future to attract top talent.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were pretty typical, nothing unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dow Jones in July 2014.

I applied online and was emailed by a recruiter in NYC to set up a phone interview. After a phone interview I had an interview with the hiring manager. I was told after a 45 minute interview that they were probably hiring internally. Approximately 2 months after that interview, the recruiter in NYC called back again and we played phone tag. The recruiter did not answer emails and did not once ever answer the phone. To this day, I have no idea if she was going to make an offer or why she called so long after the interview. At one point I was calling on a daily basis to try and catch her on the phone. It was a very unprofessional and bizarre experience to say the least.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions on experience, managerial style, behavioral   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dow Jones.

Casual and short, met future boss and dotted line boss

Easy, there was not much room for negotiating