DraftFCB

59 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Junior Front-End Web Developer Interview

Tallinn (Estonia)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DraftFCB.

Interview Details Probably the interview will be made with one employee from HR and one from development area. The questions are easy but you have to know everything they are asking, that would be acessibility, validation and so on.

Interview Question – What would you do to make a blind person have the same interaction of the normal user?   Answer Question

Proofreader Interview

Proofreader
New York, NY (US)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at DraftFCB in April 2009.

Interview Details I was initially hired on through a temporary services agency (have always been freelance).

Negotiation Details – N/A

Senior Business Strategist Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at DraftFCB in October 2010.

Interview Details Meet with HR first, and then with future supervisor and three other members of the team.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at DraftFCB in January 2009.

Interview Details Friend of a friend notified me of the position. I interviewed with 4 people.

Interview Question – What's the most difficult client conversation you have ever had? How did you manage it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was called immediately after the final interview to say I had an offer. I went in asking for a certain number and it was met. Excitement all around.

Account Management Intern Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DraftFCB in March 2011.

Interview Details Submitted resume directly to HR contact on LinkedIn. Was reached out to a few weeks later. Had a 30 minute interview via Skype and was told decision a few weeks later.

Interview Question – Tell me when you knew you wanted to go into advertising.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. Just a flat rate for all interns.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Assistant Media Planner
Madison, WI (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at DraftFCB in February 2012.

Interview Details The interview was conducted via skype, which was very uncomfortable. The lighting in the person's office who conducted the interview was awkward, making it hard to see their face and interact with them. For this reason, a phone interview would have been better because I wouldn't have been intuitively relying on non-verbal ques as expected with skype. The interviewer also wasn't particularly friendly or interested in interviewing me.

Interview Question – Describe an advertiser that you think has effective media implementation   Answer Question

SEO Manager Interview

SEO Manager
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at DraftFCB.

Interview Details Hiring process for this position was actually a promotion. I reached out in an effort to build an SEO offering for Draftfcb in Chicago.

I was met with general enthusiasm, but was essentially put to a trial by fire. My first task, pre-promotion was to run a SERM campaign for the company. When success metrics were being met, and all top brass were satisfied, they gave me the job.

Interview Question – In this case, there weren't any tough or unexpected questions. Though, the toughest bit about this process was keeping very high-level executives informed and educated on what the processes, timeframes, and expected outcomes were to be.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple- I accepted the promotion in a meeting setup with my original and new supervisor. The raise was fairly substantial.

Account Supervisor Interview

Account Supervisor

Interviewed at DraftFCB

Interview Details Lots of attitude here. More flash than substance.

Interview Question – None were particularly difficult, just odd.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Terrible culture

Copywriter Interview

Copywriter
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DraftFCB in September 2008.

Interview Details I was fortunate on this one because I knew a number of people there. At the time I felt like the HR folks were great. I don't think those particular folks are still there though ....
It's a pretty typical BIG shop. All the typical goods and bads. Some seriously pretentious CDs, and some pretty cool ones.

Interview Question – I do remember being somewhat put on the spot by one CD. He seemed really eager to appear super cutting edge. And started talking about music, which is fine. However he seemed intent on "stumping" me on the latest latest.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't take the first offer. Unless it's higher than your wildest dreams.

Copywriter Interview

Copywriter

Interviewed at DraftFCB

Interview Details Interview process wasn't terribly difficult. Although communication was at times lacking. But that doesn't seem to be anything new in the ad world. Could go weeks without contact with their creative recruiters...then suddenly interviewing...only to go weeks again with no contact or impression of a final outcome. Inside the building, everyone I met with was nice. Did the usual interview process of thirty minutes with this person and thirty minutes with that. Did find it interesting that I seemed to interview with several people who obviously weren't looking to hire. I believe I talked to eight people in one day. Maybe three of them were into the actual interview, the rest were simply going through the motions.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. They usual taking CD's through your work, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At the time, they weren't much for negotiating. It was basically a take it or leave it offer. If you don't want it, we'll find someone else.

Interviews for Top Jobs at DraftFCB