DriveTime Automotive Group Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr 2015

2.3

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume to recruiter. Interview was set up a few days later. Was told to dress in business casual and that I would likely meet 5-8 people but they could not really tell me who for sure ahead of time. Arrived 15 min early as is custom. Made me wait at least 15-20 before bringing me back and it wasn't even the person who was supposed to I found out. Started right off the bat asking why I want to leave current employer, what don't I like about my current position. What are my weaknesses, strengths, what was in my last performance review. Does title mean everything to you. Lots of questions not really pertaining to any actual work experience and zero situational questions. 3 rounds of two people for 2 hrs when was only supposed to be 90 min. Gave brain teasers basically just to "show" they are smarter than you. The most negative interview I have ever done. To say the least I didn't make the 2nd round yet kept me over time and would have brought more ppl if they could. Heard denial by end of the day.

Interview Questions

• If you could give a 360 review of your current manager what would you say? Why are you looking to leave? Please explain your exits from past jobs. If your current job gave you a counter would you stay?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Columbus, OH (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Online. Recruiter very nice and knowledgable. Contacted hiring manager afterward to set up interview. Straightforward questions. Met other employees. Nice retail feel and felt at home. Interested in training part going forward.

Automotive Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

The process is pretty straight forward, 1st interview is with department head , 2nd with a group of managers. The 2nd interview is more of a tag team match between them .

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Interview

I applied online. it took only 2 days for the HR to contact me. I had an phone interviewing with the HR. all the questions were behavioral based. then she set up an in person interview on the very next day. I met up with the hiring manager and a supervisor for the position I applied for. again, they asked me all the behavioral questions.

Internet Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

No effort to get to know me at all. Just badgering about previous pay and reasons for departure, mixed in with cliche interview questions. They told me that the position is not guaranteed, that I would be demoted into collections after 3 months unless I wanted to get my 4 year degree. I have a 2 year degree and 10 years phone and internet sales experience, and asked if I am a top performer, can they make an exception. Was told most likely not. I shadowed a rep and the job was really ghetto. Apparently you need a Bachelor's degree to set appointments with Laqueefa Jefferson in Alabama to get a ride to a sub prime car lot. Bonus relies on company numbers and is capped. I was overqualified and they knew it, so they didn't hire me.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in February 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with in HR associate. An interview with the general manager at the site then followed. For my final interview I spoke with the regional manager over the phone which was supposed to be a Skype interview. Overall the interview was very laid-back. My advice would be to seem as outgoing as possible to land the job. In the interview ask as many questions as possible.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (San Antonio, TX (US)).

Interview

Hiring recruiter is VERY aggressive and persistent, as I had never applied for his job on any job board or website. She left VM, e-mails, text messages and called constantly.

Interviewed initially with the 2 General Managers that had opening in their stores on opposite sides of town. Casual but still with an agenda. 2nd portion of the interview was with the Regional manager, who seemed much more intimidating but also less interested and distracted. The regional manager asked initially about any hand/visible tattoos as a candidate before me had these.

Interview was very calm, and for a previous hiring manager myself, this was pretty typical. The GM that was going to take me to his store rounded out the interview and confirmed schedules and start date, pending the background check pass.

I did have to orchestrate most of my own background check to move it along.

Interview Questions

• Questions about potential visible tattoos or my facial hair.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None needed, competitive salary and generous commission rates.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter on career builder they scheduled a interview. I went to their campus in east Mesa and interviewed. I received a dry email stating that they have elected to go with another candidate. They are big on office culture. the question they asked me were about my knowledge of fdcpa cfpb and state specific laws.

Interview Questions

• Being that you just completed school in a unrelated field why are you going back into collections.   1 Answer

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in January 2015.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter wanting to set up an interview. However, I wasn't able to answer and had to return the call until the next day. I wanted to have the interview during the current week but the only time available was a few hours later on the same day I returned the call.

I spoke with three current employees over the phone. They asked me behavioral questions as well as personal questions. The interviewers seemed relaxed throughout the whole interview and they kept telling me about the incredible company culture. So it was easy to get in the groove of the interview process.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Atlanta, GA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online through linkedin. I received an email within days scheduling a skype interview. I had 2 interviews but was not offered a position. The main disappointment came when the 2nd interviewer never got online to skype. I was dressed in my suit and waited for a him to call, yet I never received anything until the following day.

Interview Questions

• Very basic interview questions. The recruiter was simply getting to know me and my goals. The first interview went great. I was told I would have a follow up skype interview in 2 days, however the manager did not ever call. Eventually, he ended up calling asking very similar questions. I was not offered the position.   Answer Question