Duff & Phelps Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 13, 2014
65 interviews

3.1

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Quick. Interviewers were not asking difficult questions. A more centralized interview process would/does vet out poor candidates. Rather than constantly looking for quality talent, they wait until people leave and then realize that their choices are not ideal.

They beat another offer I had

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in August 2010.

Initial interview was with a director and VP. very friendly and professional approach. Not many technical questions and No B.S qns relating to personality and stuff. They asked me qns about the projects I was involved in. Second interview consisted of a lunch with a director and a VP. Asked me about my career ambitions and goals.

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2012.

On Campus Interview. The interviewer was a VP from Investment Banking division. Straight forward. Got one valuation question wrong and he actually spent time and explained it to me.

Interview Questions
    • Very detailed valuation and technical questions   View Answer

Valuation Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

I applied online. After exactly one week, I received correspondence from their HR for a phone interview. The interview was scheduled 2 weeks after I received the correspondence. During the interview, I was asked to tell a little about myself, and they asked questions about what classes I like the most and least and specific questions from my resume.

Analyst, Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in April 2014.

Recruiter came to my school. Talked to him, sent my resume over to him. Within in two weeks they contacted me, saying they wanted to setup a phone interview with me. After two weeks of them postponing the initial interview it finally happened. They even contacted at like 10 on a Saturday night to postpone. The VP was very casual in his style interview. Nothing really crazy, but I prepared for all the complicated stuff and the simple accounting questions ended up doing me in.

1. If you have negative net income can you still be CF positive?
    2. How do you go about valuing a company?
    3. Tell me about yourself.
    4. Ability/willingness to work long hours.
    5. Have you used Capital IQ
    Not in that order.

Interview Questions
    • If your working capital ratio is 15%, while the rest of your competitors is around 12%. What can you do to lower your working capital?   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in April 2014.

Family connection with a Managing Director; sent them a resume in late January, heard back in late February, finally got lunch (with the MD and a Director) in late March, interviewed in late April. 30 min with a VP, 30 min with a VP, 30 min with a Director (but he left after 15 min to get a flight). They didn't volunteer me a 'yes' or a 'no' regarding an offer; after 2.5 weeks I e-mailed HR and got the boiler plate 'no offer' e-mail. HR has yet to reimburse the expense of getting to the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The second VP asked me to divide 3,500,000 by 10,000 mentally, on the spot.   Answer Question

Valuation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

applied through school portal & interviewed on campus, was called back for a second round. Mostly fit questions to see how you fit into the company.

Valuation Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

I was called for a phone interview and asked a few behavioral questions, but most of the questions were fairly simple technical/ conceptual questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describing Fundamental analysis, market analysis, how to get FCF and what is CAPM.   Answer Question

Valuation Analyst Interview

It took them a very long time to initiate the phone interview. The interviewer seemed bored when he interviewed me, and the so-called "technical questions" were quite silly.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of a time when you had trouble working in a team?   Answer Question

Real Estate Analyst Interview

Phone Interview and then office interview

Interview Questions

Worked for Duff & Phelps? Contribute to the Community!