Duff & Phelps

Relevance Date Difficulty

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Investment Banking Associate

Interviewed at Duff & Phelps

Interview Details Quick. Interviewers were not asking difficult questions. A more centralized interview process would/does vet out poor candidates. Rather than constantly looking for quality talent, they wait until people leave and then realize that their choices are not ideal.

Negotiation Details – They beat another offer I had

Associate Interview

Associate
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in August 2010.

Interview Details Initial interview was with a director and VP. very friendly and professional approach. Not many technical questions and No B.S qns relating to personality and stuff. They asked me qns about the projects I was involved in. Second interview consisted of a lunch with a director and a VP. Asked me about my career ambitions and goals.

Interview Question – Why do you want to move?   Answer Question

Valuation Interview

Valuation

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview Details I applied online. After exactly one week, I received correspondence from their HR for a phone interview. The interview was scheduled 2 weeks after I received the correspondence. During the interview, I was asked to tell a little about myself, and they asked questions about what classes I like the most and least and specific questions from my resume.

Interview Question – What is the effect of QE on stock prices?   Answer Question

Analyst, Corporate Finance Interview

Analyst, Corporate Finance
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in April 2014.

Interview Details Recruiter came to my school. Talked to him, sent my resume over to him. Within in two weeks they contacted me, saying they wanted to setup a phone interview with me. After two weeks of them postponing the initial interview it finally happened. They even contacted at like 10 on a Saturday night to postpone. The VP was very casual in his style interview. Nothing really crazy, but I prepared for all the complicated stuff and the simple accounting questions ended up doing me in.

1. If you have negative net income can you still be CF positive?
2. How do you go about valuing a company?
3. Tell me about yourself.
4. Ability/willingness to work long hours.
5. Have you used Capital IQ
Not in that order.

Interview Question – If your working capital ratio is 15%, while the rest of your competitors is around 12%. What can you do to lower your working capital?   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Analyst Interview

Corporate Finance Analyst
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in April 2014.

Interview Details Family connection with a Managing Director; sent them a resume in late January, heard back in late February, finally got lunch (with the MD and a Director) in late March, interviewed in late April. 30 min with a VP, 30 min with a VP, 30 min with a Director (but he left after 15 min to get a flight). They didn't volunteer me a 'yes' or a 'no' regarding an offer; after 2.5 weeks I e-mailed HR and got the boiler plate 'no offer' e-mail. HR has yet to reimburse the expense of getting to the interview.

Interview Question – The second VP asked me to divide 3,500,000 by 10,000 mentally, on the spot.   Answer Question

Valuation Analyst Interview

Valuation Analyst
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview Details applied through school portal & interviewed on campus, was called back for a second round. Mostly fit questions to see how you fit into the company.

Interview Question – How would you value a brand?   View Answer

Valuation Intern Interview

Valuation Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview Details I was called for a phone interview and asked a few behavioral questions, but most of the questions were fairly simple technical/ conceptual questions.

Interview Question – Describing Fundamental analysis, market analysis, how to get FCF and what is CAPM.   Answer Question

Valuation Analyst Interview

Valuation Analyst

Interviewed at Duff & Phelps

Interview Details It took them a very long time to initiate the phone interview. The interviewer seemed bored when he interviewed me, and the so-called "technical questions" were quite silly.

Interview Question – What is an example of a time when you had trouble working in a team?   Answer Question

Real Estate Analyst Interview

Real Estate Analyst

Interview Details Phone Interview and then office interview

Interview Question – resume and behavioral questions   Answer Question

Dispute Consulting Analyst Interview

Dispute Consulting Analyst
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in December 2011.

Interview Details Starts out with a phone interview; pretty simple questions, just getting to know you. Then a 4 round 30 minute each in-office interview. Each interviewer asked you some finance-based and behavior-based questions and then allowed you to answer questions of your own. They asked questions about your resume as well.

Interview Question – If company expected that they were going to grow at 5% over the next five years; what ways could you approve or disprove their forecast?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered and I accepted

Worked for Duff & Phelps? Contribute to the Community!