DynCorp International

Updated 5 Nov 2014
Updated 5 Nov 2014

2.4

Desk Top Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DynCorp International in February 2012.

The interview process took about 15min. The recruiter just grilled me about what I diid on my last job. After the interview the recruiter seemed satisfied and offer a salary package that I did not accept. She told me that the ball pack and no room for negotiation. I declined her offer

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle an upset user, who is afraid of missing her report deadline due to Computer issue   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with a team member when an issue arise that leads to unpleasant working environment   Answer Question

I believe the offer is about $25k short of what other employers offer for this position to work in war zone. I made more than her offer working in Iraq, which is consider less dangerous than Afghanistan

MCS/Manager/Supervisor/Logistics Specialist/Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kandah, Parwan Province (Afghanistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kandah, Parwan Province (Afghanistan)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in January 2012.

The interview process was short and unprofessional. The background check was the longest process of the hiring process with this company. The Recruiter was pleasant over the phone, but there was not onsite meetings with the Recruiters or company oversight.

Interview Questions
    The negotiations were simple, and if without employment - what you are looking for. My advice is not to fall for everything you hear, even from a company as such. All money is not good money.

Security Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DynCorp International in November 2011.

Online application, (takes about 1hr to fill all the details) then just waited, it took about 6 months before I got a call. I already have given out on all overseas jobs since I got the same experience with at least 4 other companies, however after the first call everything was easy.

They gave me a list of documents they require (passport, DL, military records and others) plus send me to get a physical and dental examination, which I a pay for it but the company reimbursement upon hiring.

Most of the process was done online, however I got the support of the hiring personnel on the phone thru the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, however their requirements for a physical and dental exam can be a hassle if you are unemployed or uninsured   Answer Question
    No negotiation since is a contract job

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DynCorp International in November 2011.

Done through a third-party recruiting company. One hand does not know what the other is doing, so lots of duplication.

Interview Questions
    • A "stump the dummy" quiz that no one can possibly answer.   Answer Question
    All offers are "take it or leave it." Do not believe you will ever receive the Management Incentive Bonus unless you abandon all sense of principle and independent thinking.

MWR Foreman Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DynCorp International in November 2011.

I had a call from one of the recruiting agent who gave me an interview date which I had no option of changing. We had a one on one talk about my work and experiences.
    Then I had to take a lengthy English proficiency test which tested repetition, word formation,listening and talking.
    The recruiter emailed the results to the Dyncorp HR and the job was offered.

Advice: The recruiters seem to be more concerned about your experience (the higher the better) and if not an American National, the higher the post applied for the higher you have to score in the English Proficiency test.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a detailed about your work experience and achievements   View Answer

Got another offer locally

Data Entry Clerk Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in October 2011.

It was easy and organised. The DynCorps delegates encourage you and they were familiar. The interview location was a 2000 KMs away from me so it took me 2 days of continues travelling by local transport like buses and railways...after the interviewed i got my offer letter on my way back to home, their processing was so fast.
    A few paper works, interview and that's it...get ready to utilize your skills with respect and good outcome.

The pay-out they give you is now much lesser than before in this project . In simple we get just 1/4th then any US citizen besides we have the same hazardous environment and life threatening situations.

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at DynCorp International in October 2011.

I had very little interview time because I worked at the home office. People skills were short and sweet. The office told me I was hired and I would get a packet telling me what my job consist of and 3 months later I got it.

Interview Questions
    • Can you stay away from your family for 3 months at a time was unexpected because to me it was something you should already know.   Answer Question
    None it was this is what you get and you leave this date. Which 6 weeks later I did.

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuzla (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuzla (Bosnia and Herzegovina)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in September 2011.

I was more than lucky becouse I got a job same day i visit DinCorp office in Tuzla . I meet there regruter R.R and she tell me that DI seeking for possition that I aplly allready online . Same day I do the interview . english test . After two days I got offer letter and in tree weeks I was on planin for Dubai . Lucky ? Yes

Interview Questions
    • I was ready and I have experiance in sector I do ,so I didnt have any difficuties.   Answer Question

Project Controls Specialist Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at DynCorp International in September 2011.

Submitted resume to a friend who passed it along to DynCorp Human Resources. Received a call from Project Controls Manager a few months later who interviewed me for an overseas assignment. Received a call from Human Resources a month later and prepared all the paperwork for working overseas.

Interview Questions
    • After discussing my background and qualifications the hiring manager asked how soon I'd like to come to work.   View Answer
    The amount I was offered was fixed for person's of my skills and background due to DynCorp's bid as a contractor for the US Gov. I had researched the pay of my position prior to the job offer, so was not surprised by the rate.

Security Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in September 2011.

The process was short and quick but the administartive part wasslow due to the involvement of others processing multiple individuals at a time

Interview Questions
    Make sure that everything is in writing in your contract