EE

Updated 17 Nov 2014
Updated 17 Nov 2014

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EE.

First I applied online and after that I got an email a few weeks later explaining that I had a phone interview so I booked it for the next day with the time. The next day I got the phonecall at the right time and the lady on the phone explained to me more about the job role and my salary. She then proceeded to ask me questions such as - what attracted you to this role? When have you worked well in a team? when have you worked towards sales targets? what do you know about the company? etc and then after she finished the questions she told me she'd like to pass me onto the next stage but would have to ring me back with an available interview date. A few days later I got a call with an interview date and she told me a few questions i needed to prepare for. These were - what observations have you made of the store? When have you worked well in a team? when have you worked towards a sales target? when have you delivered excellent customer service and how does honesty and integrity fit into this job role?

On the interview day -
On the interview day I arrived at the store and was told to take a seat whilst i wait for the interviewer and i'm guessing to give myself time to really observe the store. I was then taken downstairs into the office with two interviewers sat in front of me, one asking the questions and the other one writing down my responses. They both made me feel at ease and comfortable enough to be myself which I thought really reflected on my interview. They then began asking me all the questions I had prepared for and some I hadn't, but none of them were too hard such as - why do you want to work for us? what keeps you motivated? is there anything that would demotivate you in work? Was there ever a time you had to deliver important news to co-workers? Then after the interview questions were done I was given a roleplay. I had to pretend like I was working at a local gym and one of the interviewers wanted to leave and possibly even join a rival gym and you obviously had to convince them to stay. They provided a sheet with a list of information about the gym and the other gym. After that I was given another roleplay, one of the interviewers was looking for something at the store and I could only ask a few questions about it and then I had to go out on to the shop floor and find something suitable for his needs. I asked him questions such as what has he come for today? does he have any requirements? how much is he willing to pay? etc. He told me he was looking for a large phone that he could send photos on and it have fast internet. I chose the Sony experia z3 because I knew it was a new phone out with a very good camera, very durable, waterproof and us 4G which is the fastest internet.

The next morning i got a call saying i got the job yay! Now i'm preparing to go for a two day induction at southampton.

Other Interview Reviews for EE

Customer Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EE.

I began by applying online. I had to enter my details, submit my CV, all the usual things. Then they invited me (by email) the next day to do a personality test to see whether I would suit the role. It was the normal questions for anyone applying for a customer service type job. Within 24 hours they called me to arrange a phone interview for the next day. The phone interview included questions like:
    When are you available for work (I'm at college)
    Why do you want to work for EE?
    What makes you suitable for EE?
    Then I was invited in that same call for a face to face interview. It was quite informal and I suppose was the standard routine for an interview, other than the fact that I had to complete a sales pitch. After each question I was asked to give an example of a time I did something, e.g. Can you give an example of a time that you had to gain somebody's trust from them?

Interview Questions
    • Can you give an example of a time you had to gain somebody's trust from them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royal Leamington Spa, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royal Leamington Spa, England

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at EE in March 2012.

The whole process consisted of:

1) Submitting an application;
    2) Online personality test;
    3) Online skills test;
    4) Phone interview;
    5) Face to face interview which consisted of: 5 min presentation of myself that I had to prepare in advance; role play exercise; case study.

I would call the whole experience quite enjoyable. It took about a month from the moment of submitting my application to receiving an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the main thing that gets you out of bed each morning?   Answer Question