EE

Updated 16 Feb 2015

2.9

Retail Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EE.

At first i applied online and waited for the next stage, I received an email inviting me to a telephone interview which I booked through the careers website.

The telephone interview arrived and what they are mainly looking for is your ability to answer questions on the spot and what you know about the company etc. You'll be asked to give a example of a time and place when you have done something, also why you want to work for EE, Talk about customer care and how passionate you are about technology or anything along them lines. I passed the telephone interview and was booked for a interview with the store manager, I was emailed a brief then afterwards.

In the email there was a brief sating that you had to come up with a 3-5 minute sales pitch based on a made up company called "Futuristico", you the option to bring in props etc and you can present the pitch as a presentation or verbally. You have the option of:

- Meal Pill

- Trip to Mars

- 3D Pet (can't remember for sure)

Once the interview arrived, the manager takes the first step in building rapport and will ask you to tell them about yourself

They will ask you questions on your experience

They will then ask you 3 competency questions

They will ask you to do the pitch

The pitch is your chance to show them what you got!!

After that's done they will discuss what the salary is and asks if you got any questions

Im still waiting to hear why i never got the job

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you have had to work towards a target, what did you do and how did you achieve it?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at EE.

Absolutely appalling phone interview - the interviewer made sure I understood she was in a rush (it was late in the afternoon) and she'll make our conversation as short as possible.
    Was asked to go through my resume briefly and got to ask a couple of questions about the role, after which the interviewer mentioned that she still has another candidate to call.

It was a 10-minutes (max) conversation and the interviewer either did not know what she was doing and wanted to go home early, or had already made her mind up before calling me. Either way, I would not apply for a position with them in the future.

Of course I got the standard 'thank you, but we have selected another candidate' email the following day, which was expected.

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EE.

Online assessment followed by a phone interview followed by an assessment centre - you do a presentation, then a group discussion, then have role p;ay phone calls, then an interview

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you've provided excellant customer service?   Answer Question

Head of CX Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EE in January 2015.

Short, unstructured, 60-minute interview conducted by a single interviewer of a different specialism. Very honest about culture, including benefits and limitations. Couldn't really discuss skill set as interviewer came from different background, but knew the company very well. Already had a telephone interview with a specialist and next stage would have been HR. The definition of 'informal chat'.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were generic, mostly about team fit, as the interviewer did not understand specialism of the role.   Answer Question

Customer Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EE.

First I applied online and after that I got an email a few weeks later explaining that I had a phone interview so I booked it for the next day with the time. The next day I got the phonecall at the right time and the lady on the phone explained to me more about the job role and my salary. She then proceeded to ask me questions such as - what attracted you to this role? When have you worked well in a team? when have you worked towards sales targets? what do you know about the company? etc and then after she finished the questions she told me she'd like to pass me onto the next stage but would have to ring me back with an available interview date. A few days later I got a call with an interview date and she told me a few questions i needed to prepare for. These were - what observations have you made of the store? When have you worked well in a team? when have you worked towards a sales target? when have you delivered excellent customer service and how does honesty and integrity fit into this job role?

On the interview day -
    On the interview day I arrived at the store and was told to take a seat whilst i wait for the interviewer and i'm guessing to give myself time to really observe the store. I was then taken downstairs into the office with two interviewers sat in front of me, one asking the questions and the other one writing down my responses. They both made me feel at ease and comfortable enough to be myself which I thought really reflected on my interview. They then began asking me all the questions I had prepared for and some I hadn't, but none of them were too hard such as - why do you want to work for us? what keeps you motivated? is there anything that would demotivate you in work? Was there ever a time you had to deliver important news to co-workers? Then after the interview questions were done I was given a roleplay. I had to pretend like I was working at a local gym and one of the interviewers wanted to leave and possibly even join a rival gym and you obviously had to convince them to stay. They provided a sheet with a list of information about the gym and the other gym. After that I was given another roleplay, one of the interviewers was looking for something at the store and I could only ask a few questions about it and then I had to go out on to the shop floor and find something suitable for his needs. I asked him questions such as what has he come for today? does he have any requirements? how much is he willing to pay? etc. He told me he was looking for a large phone that he could send photos on and it have fast internet. I chose the Sony experia z3 because I knew it was a new phone out with a very good camera, very durable, waterproof and us 4G which is the fastest internet.

The next morning i got a call saying i got the job yay! Now i'm preparing to go for a two day induction at southampton.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland
    Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EE.

The first step is an online quiz to see how you would react in certain circumstances, followed by a telephone interview, very basic, why'd you want to work here, what team experience do you have! I was offered a proper interview with the store manager in 2 days after. I had to firstly do some role play question regarding both selling phones and gym memberships, the interviewer will ask questions and create possible problems you, the interviewee must solve them, next was an exercise where I had to ask questions to figure out what kinda phone was best suited. Finally I had to pitch a sale of a 'futureistico' item 1- trip to Mars 2-meal pill 3- virtual dog, I chose (3) and I feel the interview went fairly well! However I'm still waiting to hear back regarding the job, it's been 5 days now, does anyone know how long it usually takes? Thanks.

Franchise Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EE.

The interview was a 2 stage face to face interview. It was informal and more of a discussion than an interview. It was relaxed and did not have the usual stuffy formal process. The interviewer was lovely and the location was easy to get to.

Interview Questions
    • None. All questions were open ended and were not designed to catch me out, but rather to gain an understanding of my view on the industry. It made my desire to work for the company even stronger as the general feel was pretty awesome.

Possibly one question that I could have prepared for more was: Tell me more about a time you had to deal with conflict.

Answer Question

Customer Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EE.

I began by applying online. I had to enter my details, submit my CV, all the usual things. Then they invited me (by email) the next day to do a personality test to see whether I would suit the role. It was the normal questions for anyone applying for a customer service type job. Within 24 hours they called me to arrange a phone interview for the next day. The phone interview included questions like:
    When are you available for work (I'm at college)
    Why do you want to work for EE?
    What makes you suitable for EE?
    Then I was invited in that same call for a face to face interview. It was quite informal and I suppose was the standard routine for an interview, other than the fact that I had to complete a sales pitch. After each question I was asked to give an example of a time I did something, e.g. Can you give an example of a time that you had to gain somebody's trust from them?

Interview Questions
    • Can you give an example of a time you had to gain somebody's trust from them?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EE.

First had to apply online and answer a series of questions, then given a phone interview and asked questions about the company so have their website in front of you! Then attended an interview at a hotel in which I had to make a small presentation on a 'meal pill' try to sell a phone to the interviewer then asked some personal questions - try to have a laugh

Interview Questions
    • Do you see yourself working for ee in the future - I was 17 so no   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

I applied online – interviewed at EE.

Simple online application with C.V. and online form, C.V. sift and one interview with the hiring manager and one other member of the recruiting team. Standard format behavioural interview with technical skills section.