EE

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Advisor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EE.

Interview Details First had to apply online and answer a series of questions, then given a phone interview and asked questions about the company so have their website in front of you! Then attended an interview at a hotel in which I had to make a small presentation on a 'meal pill' try to sell a phone to the interviewer then asked some personal questions - try to have a laugh

Interview Question – Do you see yourself working for ee in the future - I was 17 so no   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Developer
Bristol, England

I applied online and interviewed at EE.

Interview Details Simple online application with C.V. and online form, C.V. sift and one interview with the hiring manager and one other member of the recruiting team. Standard format behavioural interview with technical skills section.

Interview Question – bug fix a piece of code   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EE in May 2014.

Interview Details First you are required to complete an online application. If you are successful, which is really easy if you meet basic criteria such as not have applied for them in the last 6 months, etc., you will receive an email to complete and online assessment. This one consisted on simple questions about real situations that you may have faced in your customer service advisor role and some questions about your personality. The purpose is basically to evaluate if you fit what they are looking for, i.e. you meet the specifications written on the job description. If you are successful you will received a call to arrange a phone interview which lasts about 10-15 min and where you are asked basic questions about your circumstances and how the fit into the job description. So far the recruitment process is really easy and no company research is needed.

If you pass the phone interview, which I was told in the very same call, you are invited to a face to face assessment on the Company facilities. The assessment process consisted on a presentation about the EE and the role you have applied for followed by the assessment exercises. I have made some mock calls to see how I handle customers, a presentation and a couple of questions. After you are requested to listen to some calls and write what it is good and what's bad about each one. In general, it is a very simple recruitment process which only requires a little preparation if you are honest and naturally good with people and have previous experience working in customer service. The assessors were very nice and make the environment quite relaxing so the actual interview was more like a nice conversation rather than a job interview.

Interview Question – The mock calls, I would suggest that it is better to practice some of them with a friend or a relative before the assessment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A very nice lady called me a few days after the assessment to let me know that I was successful and that they want to offer me a position. Then, I need to go to the EE facilities to arrange some paperwork and she told me my start date and time and my initial shift schedule.

Planning Manager Interview

Planning Manager

Interviewed at EE

Interview Details Structured approach. CV sift based on skills and experience. Then an inteview with Skills based questions and Behavioural questions in a interview lasting 90 minutes often with 2 people interviewing you

Interview Question – Focus on thinking through either the skill or the behaviour the question is seeking to calibrate   Answer Question

London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EE in May 2013.

Interview Details A box standard sales environment interview. With focus on selling techniques and customer services. Also testing you product knowledge and competitor options. They also look for outselling techniques.

They also test you on scenario based online test. Which is pretty much a real life situation and how you would handle that.

It is also recommended to practice some role play as one of the tasks is to do a role play for selling a product.

Interview Question – Having little product knowledge is a difficult catch.   View Answer

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Customer Service Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EE.

Interview Details Applied via the online advertisement and completed a series of multiple choice questions (mostly obvious scenario-based with an emphasis on the customer) as well as a CV-like form listing basic info and academic/employment history. Was contacted by email around a week later informing me I had passed to the interview stage and to call their HR dept, the interview itself was straightforward and with no real 'curveball' questions just the standard reasons for wanting to work there, etc.

Interview Question – Whether I had the means to travel to work which I did - not hard but I wasn't expecting it, the questions were all basic and not at all challenging   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Merthyr Tydfil, Wales

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EE in April 2014.

Interview Details Filled in an application form online, then did the online assessments
Had a phonecall about 2 weeks later, was asked a few questions e.g why I wanted the job, why do I think I'd be suitable etc, only lasted about 3mins, then was told she would like to invite me to the final part of the interview process the next day.
Interview started at 1:15, sat around a table and they went through a PowerPoint explaining about the company.
We were then whisked off on a tour & listened in to some phonecalls.
Then came the worst part.
Was taken into a room with two interviewers, was given a script with some info & asked to write down some notes, they left for 5mins for me to prepare, then came back in, and did the role play, he played the awkward customer & I had to give him info & try n get him to stay, and had another two similar scenarios.
Then when that was done I was told I needed to do a 10minute presentation about the key points of customer service, they gave me a flip board & a pen & 10mins to prepare, they entered the room again & I went through it all & gave examples of when I've done this in a previous role.

Then for the last part I had to listen to recordings of phonecalls & note down what was good about the call & the parts that could be improved.
Was then given a last tour then left.
Process lasted 4.5hours

Update- rang me up after 5 days (Easter weekend caused delay) & got offered the job, start training on 2nd June :)

Interview Question – Name a time questions..   Answer Question

Retail Advisor Interview

Retail Advisor

Interviewed at EE

Interview Details I applied online, passed the initial CV screen and was invited to partake in an online multiple choice assessment, the first part of which was personality based and the second was more situational, with a series of scenarios for which you had to choose from a list of possible courses of action.

Interview Question – Some of the situational questions were quite a challenge, as on face value most of the available responses had some merit. I cannot recall a specific question off-hand.   Answer Question

Sales Advisor

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EE.

Interview Details Initially I applied online, once successful in the first stage I had to then complete some online questioning. This consisted of situation questions that made you think about possible scenarios and how you might act. Once passed this I received a telephone call which turned into a quick telephone interview, they asked basic questions like why I wanted to work for their company, etc. Finally once passed this I was invited into an in store face-to-face interview. I was sent an email that gave me a brief of what the 2 hour 15 min interview would consist of if I was continually successful, and also asked me to prepare a sales pitch for one of the three products for the company "Futuristico". For this I chose to sell Trips To Mars which I did as a role play as if I was addressing a customer, I did not use any props or presentations.

Interview Question – Possibly the most difficult is one of the role plays where the interviewer pretends to be a customer at the gym you work for, and they want to leave but you have to try and give them reason to stay.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Glasgow, Scotland

I applied online - interviewed at EE in December 2010.

Interview Details A multiple choice quiz on your personal attributes .Lots of questions repeat themselves but are worded slightly different .They trying to find out are you competitive ,honest ,team player and can lead a team.

Interview Question – The role play on how to give a colleague a performance plan for poor performance .This has 2 people analysing you and a person playing the colleague .The colleague is under performing against previous months .   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for more money due to the travelling and finally got £3000 more after a 2 day wait.

Worked for EE? Contribute to the Community!