EE

EE Interview Questions

Updated 17 Nov 2014
Updated 17 Nov 2014

Customer Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EE.

First I applied online and after that I got an email a few weeks later explaining that I had a phone interview so I booked it for the next day with the time. The next day I got the phonecall at the right time and the lady on the phone explained to me more about the job role and my salary. She then proceeded to ask me questions such as - what attracted you to this role? When have you worked well in a team? when have you worked towards sales targets? what do you know about the company? etc and then after she finished the questions she told me she'd like to pass me onto the next stage but would have to ring me back with an available interview date. A few days later I got a call with an interview date and she told me a few questions i needed to prepare for. These were - what observations have you made of the store? When have you worked well in a team? when have you worked towards a sales target? when have you delivered excellent customer service and how does honesty and integrity fit into this job role?

On the interview day -
    On the interview day I arrived at the store and was told to take a seat whilst i wait for the interviewer and i'm guessing to give myself time to really observe the store. I was then taken downstairs into the office with two interviewers sat in front of me, one asking the questions and the other one writing down my responses. They both made me feel at ease and comfortable enough to be myself which I thought really reflected on my interview. They then began asking me all the questions I had prepared for and some I hadn't, but none of them were too hard such as - why do you want to work for us? what keeps you motivated? is there anything that would demotivate you in work? Was there ever a time you had to deliver important news to co-workers? Then after the interview questions were done I was given a roleplay. I had to pretend like I was working at a local gym and one of the interviewers wanted to leave and possibly even join a rival gym and you obviously had to convince them to stay. They provided a sheet with a list of information about the gym and the other gym. After that I was given another roleplay, one of the interviewers was looking for something at the store and I could only ask a few questions about it and then I had to go out on to the shop floor and find something suitable for his needs. I asked him questions such as what has he come for today? does he have any requirements? how much is he willing to pay? etc. He told me he was looking for a large phone that he could send photos on and it have fast internet. I chose the Sony experia z3 because I knew it was a new phone out with a very good camera, very durable, waterproof and us 4G which is the fastest internet.

The next morning i got a call saying i got the job yay! Now i'm preparing to go for a two day induction at southampton.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EE.

The first step is an online quiz to see how you would react in certain circumstances, followed by a telephone interview, very basic, why'd you want to work here, what team experience do you have! I was offered a proper interview with the store manager in 2 days after. I had to firstly do some role play question regarding both selling phones and gym memberships, the interviewer will ask questions and create possible problems you, the interviewee must solve them, next was an exercise where I had to ask questions to figure out what kinda phone was best suited. Finally I had to pitch a sale of a 'futureistico' item 1- trip to Mars 2-meal pill 3- virtual dog, I chose (3) and I feel the interview went fairly well! However I'm still waiting to hear back regarding the job, it's been 5 days now, does anyone know how long it usually takes? Thanks.

Franchise Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EE.

The interview was a 2 stage face to face interview. It was informal and more of a discussion than an interview. It was relaxed and did not have the usual stuffy formal process. The interviewer was lovely and the location was easy to get to.

Interview Questions
    • None. All questions were open ended and were not designed to catch me out, but rather to gain an understanding of my view on the industry. It made my desire to work for the company even stronger as the general feel was pretty awesome.

Possibly one question that I could have prepared for more was: Tell me more about a time you had to deal with conflict.

Answer Question

Customer Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EE.

I began by applying online. I had to enter my details, submit my CV, all the usual things. Then they invited me (by email) the next day to do a personality test to see whether I would suit the role. It was the normal questions for anyone applying for a customer service type job. Within 24 hours they called me to arrange a phone interview for the next day. The phone interview included questions like:
    When are you available for work (I'm at college)
    Why do you want to work for EE?
    What makes you suitable for EE?
    Then I was invited in that same call for a face to face interview. It was quite informal and I suppose was the standard routine for an interview, other than the fact that I had to complete a sales pitch. After each question I was asked to give an example of a time I did something, e.g. Can you give an example of a time that you had to gain somebody's trust from them?

Interview Questions
    • Can you give an example of a time you had to gain somebody's trust from them?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EE.

First had to apply online and answer a series of questions, then given a phone interview and asked questions about the company so have their website in front of you! Then attended an interview at a hotel in which I had to make a small presentation on a 'meal pill' try to sell a phone to the interviewer then asked some personal questions - try to have a laugh

Interview Questions
    • Do you see yourself working for ee in the future - I was 17 so no   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

I applied online – interviewed at EE.

Simple online application with C.V. and online form, C.V. sift and one interview with the hiring manager and one other member of the recruiting team. Standard format behavioural interview with technical skills section.

Planning Manager Interview

Structured approach. CV sift based on skills and experience. Then an inteview with Skills based questions and Behavioural questions in a interview lasting 90 minutes often with 2 people interviewing you

Interview Questions
    • Focus on thinking through either the skill or the behaviour the question is seeking to calibrate   Answer Question

Customer Service Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EE.

Applied via the online advertisement and completed a series of multiple choice questions (mostly obvious scenario-based with an emphasis on the customer) as well as a CV-like form listing basic info and academic/employment history. Was contacted by email around a week later informing me I had passed to the interview stage and to call their HR dept, the interview itself was straightforward and with no real 'curveball' questions just the standard reasons for wanting to work there, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Whether I had the means to travel to work which I did - not hard but I wasn't expecting it, the questions were all basic and not at all challenging   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EE in May 2014.

First you are required to complete an online application. If you are successful, which is really easy if you meet basic criteria such as not have applied for them in the last 6 months, etc., you will receive an email to complete and online assessment. This one consisted on simple questions about real situations that you may have faced in your customer service advisor role and some questions about your personality. The purpose is basically to evaluate if you fit what they are looking for, i.e. you meet the specifications written on the job description. If you are successful you will received a call to arrange a phone interview which lasts about 10-15 min and where you are asked basic questions about your circumstances and how the fit into the job description. So far the recruitment process is really easy and no company research is needed.

If you pass the phone interview, which I was told in the very same call, you are invited to a face to face assessment on the Company facilities. The assessment process consisted on a presentation about the EE and the role you have applied for followed by the assessment exercises. I have made some mock calls to see how I handle customers, a presentation and a couple of questions. After you are requested to listen to some calls and write what it is good and what's bad about each one. In general, it is a very simple recruitment process which only requires a little preparation if you are honest and naturally good with people and have previous experience working in customer service. The assessors were very nice and make the environment quite relaxing so the actual interview was more like a nice conversation rather than a job interview.

Interview Questions
    • The mock calls, I would suggest that it is better to practice some of them with a friend or a relative before the assessment.   Answer Question
    A very nice lady called me a few days after the assessment to let me know that I was successful and that they want to offer me a position. Then, I need to go to the EE facilities to arrange some paperwork and she told me my start date and time and my initial shift schedule.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merthyr Tydfil, Wales
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merthyr Tydfil, Wales

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EE in April 2014.

Filled in an application form online, then did the online assessments
    Had a phonecall about 2 weeks later, was asked a few questions e.g why I wanted the job, why do I think I'd be suitable etc, only lasted about 3mins, then was told she would like to invite me to the final part of the interview process the next day.
    Interview started at 1:15, sat around a table and they went through a PowerPoint explaining about the company.
    We were then whisked off on a tour & listened in to some phonecalls.
    Then came the worst part.
    Was taken into a room with two interviewers, was given a script with some info & asked to write down some notes, they left for 5mins for me to prepare, then came back in, and did the role play, he played the awkward customer & I had to give him info & try n get him to stay, and had another two similar scenarios.
    Then when that was done I was told I needed to do a 10minute presentation about the key points of customer service, they gave me a flip board & a pen & 10mins to prepare, they entered the room again & I went through it all & gave examples of when I've done this in a previous role.

Then for the last part I had to listen to recordings of phonecalls & note down what was good about the call & the parts that could be improved.
    Was then given a last tour then left.
    Process lasted 4.5hours

Update- rang me up after 5 days (Easter weekend caused delay) & got offered the job, start training on 2nd June :)