EE

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Retail Advisor Interview

Interviewed at EE

Interview Details I applied online, passed the initial CV screen and was invited to partake in an online multiple choice assessment, the first part of which was personality based and the second was more situational, with a series of scenarios for which you had to choose from a list of possible courses of action.

Interview Question – Some of the situational questions were quite a challenge, as on face value most of the available responses had some merit. I cannot recall a specific question off-hand.   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EE.

Interview Details Initially I applied online, once successful in the first stage I had to then complete some online questioning. This consisted of situation questions that made you think about possible scenarios and how you might act. Once passed this I received a telephone call which turned into a quick telephone interview, they asked basic questions like why I wanted to work for their company, etc. Finally once passed this I was invited into an in store face-to-face interview. I was sent an email that gave me a brief of what the 2 hour 15 min interview would consist of if I was continually successful, and also asked me to prepare a sales pitch for one of the three products for the company "Futuristico". For this I chose to sell Trips To Mars which I did as a role play as if I was addressing a customer, I did not use any props or presentations.

Interview Question – Possibly the most difficult is one of the role plays where the interviewer pretends to be a customer at the gym you work for, and they want to leave but you have to try and give them reason to stay.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Glasgow, Scotland

I applied online - interviewed at EE in December 2010.

Interview Details A multiple choice quiz on your personal attributes .Lots of questions repeat themselves but are worded slightly different .They trying to find out are you competitive ,honest ,team player and can lead a team.

Interview Question – The role play on how to give a colleague a performance plan for poor performance .This has 2 people analysing you and a person playing the colleague .The colleague is under performing against previous months .   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for more money due to the travelling and finally got £3000 more after a 2 day wait.

Business Markets Manager Interview

Business Markets Manager
London, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at EE in August 2013.

Interview Details email sent asking if interested. Interview with hiring manager's manager and hiring manager's manager's manager. Interview with Sales head and Sales Head's manager.

Interview Question – What did I think of the Hiring Manager (asked by his manager)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Graduate Scheme Interview

Graduate Scheme
Bristol, England

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EE in July 2013.

Interview Details Firstly there will be a group task, then a chat with the technology head (if technology scheme), followed by a 15 min presentation for which you will be given half an hour to prepare. Finally the usual HR questions which last for another half an hour. The HR questions are basically related to the values of the company

Interview Question – there wasnt any surprise element for the AC.   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Sales Advisor

I applied online and interviewed at EE.

Interview Details Applied online,
did an online test,
then received a phone interview and invited to an interview in person

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for EE?
What do you know about EE?
  Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bristol, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EE.

Interview Details Hiring process is structured (for permanent roles) compared to some other companies out there. Managers use a pre prepared set list of questions with all candidates for a position which brings fairness and better comparison. For technical position the interview is divided in two sections 'Behavioural' and 'Technical'. Technical is obviously the most important part since it's a technical role, but do not ignore or act as if you don't care about the behavioural part, because in a way that could reflect that you don't care enough about the job itself.

Interview Question – Technical question could go into any depth and variation, so it's better to look at the job and prepare accordingly. It may also be wise to discuss with the recruiter in details what the team does and what technologies they work on. Interview is also likely to go a bit wider than what the team is exactly doing to see your over all knowledge of Telecom. Also make sure you are up to date with the latest news in telecom industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This is very subjective to the individual and the manager you are dealing with. But in my case I was through a recruiter. I asked for the salary I wanted and I was offered very close to that and EE would not offer any more. But it was still a fair offer and so I accepted it.

Test Analyst Interview

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at EE.

Interview Details My interview was taken by the Project Manager of the team. I faced just one round of interview . The interview was mostly related to LTE, GSM call flow and devices.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It was more than 4 hours of travelling everyday. I was not getting the best option to relocate because of my husband's job.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online and interviewed at EE.

Interview Details Interview process comprised a screening call with the hiring manager, followed by a face-to-face interview with two people as well as an online psychometric test

Interview Question – What would people say about you   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I found the HR process very disorganised

Very Easy Interview

Broadband Intelligence Manager Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EE in January 2013.

Interview Details Asked for a 30 minute presentation on how EE should react to the threat of internet TV and for some recommendation as to how EE can increaee it broadband market share.

Interview Question – Where did you obtain your information from.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for EE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EE interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews are posted anonymously by EE employees and interview candidates.