EE Interview Questions

Updated 19 Apr 2015

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EE.

Interview

Completed an online application and was called within a few days for a very basic and generic telephone interview. This was followed by a face to face interview where I had to do a short presentation on 1 of 3 Futuristico products. After that I had a short interview and was unsucessful at this stage due to lack of experience.

Reporting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at EE (London, England).

Interview

- Apply Online
    - Video Interview
    - Face-to-face interview #1
    - Face-to-face interview #2
    - ?

In a word: Embarrassing - I expected much better from a company of its size.

Initially everything started off reasonably well, however towards the latter stages of the recruitment process the standards really began to slip which was disappointing and I found the second face-to-face interview to be particularly poorly organised.

The interview date and time was rescheduled several times - after I'd already booked travel - to fit around the various diaries of the people I was going to be meeting. Fine, but I felt like this was a basic mistake that should have been looked at beforehand by those handling the recruitment process.

I eventually arrived at the interview room to find that there was already a meeting taking place in the room that was supposedly booked out to hold my interview. Initially meant to be meeting up to four senior figures within the company, the interview began with just two and when they had finished their questions - and I'd asked my own - I had the pleasure of sitting awkwardly with them for a while forcing small-talk to cover the deafening silence whilst waiting for their colleagues to turn up.

Eventually they sauntered in and proceeded to ask me the exact same questions I'd just been asked by their two colleagues, before asking me if I had any questions for them (again). I was totally unprepared for the interview after being told it was more of an 'informal chat about you' before being grilled by four senior managers with technical competency questions that left me what I could only describe as 'well done'.

To round off the process I was told I could expect to hear back within the week - I heard back 14 days later after the HR contact who was apparently in charge of the entire recruitment process upped sticks and 'went on holiday', literally, in the middle of it all. This delay was incredibly disrespectful to all the candidates waiting to hear back and left me wondering why results/news from interviews couldn't be meted out by another member of the HR team?

Eventually I was told that the department had restructured and the requirements of the role had subsequently been revised. I have no idea the extent of/how true this is. The manager I'd been interviewing with the entire way through had apparently left the department and a new one had taken their place who had altogether different expectations and requirements from candidates. After applying online, a video interview, multiple face-to-face interviews - all of which allow for candidates strengths and skills can be accurately assessed - I was informed that I'd fallen below the threshold of the newer requirements of the role.

Interview Questions

• What is the most memorable question you have been asked so far during the interview process?
      What would you do to acquire information you needed that didn't yet exist/wasn't immediately accessible?

Answer Question

Digital Content Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EE (London, England) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job after seeing it advertised online. The recruiter contacted me and submitted my details to EE.

A couple of weeks later I was contacted to arrange a phone interview for later that week. I was told it would be a quick hiring process and following a successful phone interview, it would be a brief face to face meeting the same week. I was also told that the recruitment agency was an exclusive supplier to EE and only myself and one other person had been called for an interview with EE.

The phone interview felt a little awkward from the beginning. The woman (apparently the hiring manager) didn't bother explaining the role, and immediately launched into a series of - obviously prepared - questions. It seemed as though she wasn't actually listening to what I was saying, and was in a hurry to end the call. She didn't even give me the opportunity to ask any questions myself, and just prior to the call ending I had to stop and say I had some questions.

Despite what the recruiter said about a quick turnaround and only one other candidate, the hiring manager said she had many other people to interview, and I'd hear feedback in due course.

A week later I was told I wasn't suitable for the job, although I realisedl that during the interview. The job spec clearly hadn't been written well and didn't accurately describe the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you use web analytics?   1 Answer

Retail Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EE.

Interview

At first i applied online and waited for the next stage, I received an email inviting me to a telephone interview which I booked through the careers website.

The telephone interview arrived and what they are mainly looking for is your ability to answer questions on the spot and what you know about the company etc. You'll be asked to give a example of a time and place when you have done something, also why you want to work for EE, Talk about customer care and how passionate you are about technology or anything along them lines. I passed the telephone interview and was booked for a interview with the store manager, I was emailed a brief then afterwards.

In the email there was a brief sating that you had to come up with a 3-5 minute sales pitch based on a made up company called "Futuristico", you the option to bring in props etc and you can present the pitch as a presentation or verbally. You have the option of:

- Meal Pill

- Trip to Mars

- 3D Pet (can't remember for sure)

Once the interview arrived, the manager takes the first step in building rapport and will ask you to tell them about yourself

They will ask you questions on your experience

They will then ask you 3 competency questions

They will ask you to do the pitch

The pitch is your chance to show them what you got!!

After that's done they will discuss what the salary is and asks if you got any questions

Im still waiting to hear why i never got the job

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you have had to work towards a target, what did you do and how did you achieve it?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EE (London, England) in February 2015.

Interview

3 stage interview process
    Panel style
    Case study given at start of first interview with 39 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to present
    Competency based interviewing with probing questions. Very comprehensive which means if you are faking it, you'll probably not get away with it.

Interview Questions

• Give me a specific example of when you have had to manage conflict and what the outcome was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation phase was reasonable, so not much actual negotiation happened. Recruitment manager, EE staff, was very friendly and great to deal with.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Darlington, North East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at EE (Darlington, North East England, England) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received an online test to complete then few weeks later had a small phone interview and was asked to attend a recruitment event which lasted 4 hrs! I had some role play and was asked to do a 10mins presentation on the customer service role. Had a phone call a week later to say I was successful and started work on 7th april.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when you were in a position where you used great customer service and whqt was the outcome?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at EE.

Interview

Absolutely appalling phone interview - the interviewer made sure I understood she was in a rush (it was late in the afternoon) and she'll make our conversation as short as possible.
    Was asked to go through my resume briefly and got to ask a couple of questions about the role, after which the interviewer mentioned that she still has another candidate to call.

It was a 10-minutes (max) conversation and the interviewer either did not know what she was doing and wanted to go home early, or had already made her mind up before calling me. Either way, I would not apply for a position with them in the future.

Of course I got the standard 'thank you, but we have selected another candidate' email the following day, which was expected.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EE.

Interview

Online assessment followed by a phone interview followed by an assessment centre - you do a presentation, then a group discussion, then have role p;ay phone calls, then an interview

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you've provided excellant customer service?   Answer Question

Head of CX Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EE (London, England) in January 2015.

Interview

Short, unstructured, 60-minute interview conducted by a single interviewer of a different specialism. Very honest about culture, including benefits and limitations. Couldn't really discuss skill set as interviewer came from different background, but knew the company very well. Already had a telephone interview with a specialist and next stage would have been HR. The definition of 'informal chat'.

Interview Questions

• Questions were generic, mostly about team fit, as the interviewer did not understand specialism of the role.   Answer Question

Customer Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EE.

Interview

First I applied online and after that I got an email a few weeks later explaining that I had a phone interview so I booked it for the next day with the time. The next day I got the phonecall at the right time and the lady on the phone explained to me more about the job role and my salary. She then proceeded to ask me questions such as - what attracted you to this role? When have you worked well in a team? when have you worked towards sales targets? what do you know about the company? etc and then after she finished the questions she told me she'd like to pass me onto the next stage but would have to ring me back with an available interview date. A few days later I got a call with an interview date and she told me a few questions i needed to prepare for. These were - what observations have you made of the store? When have you worked well in a team? when have you worked towards a sales target? when have you delivered excellent customer service and how does honesty and integrity fit into this job role?

On the interview day -
    On the interview day I arrived at the store and was told to take a seat whilst i wait for the interviewer and i'm guessing to give myself time to really observe the store. I was then taken downstairs into the office with two interviewers sat in front of me, one asking the questions and the other one writing down my responses. They both made me feel at ease and comfortable enough to be myself which I thought really reflected on my interview. They then began asking me all the questions I had prepared for and some I hadn't, but none of them were too hard such as - why do you want to work for us? what keeps you motivated? is there anything that would demotivate you in work? Was there ever a time you had to deliver important news to co-workers? Then after the interview questions were done I was given a roleplay. I had to pretend like I was working at a local gym and one of the interviewers wanted to leave and possibly even join a rival gym and you obviously had to convince them to stay. They provided a sheet with a list of information about the gym and the other gym. After that I was given another roleplay, one of the interviewers was looking for something at the store and I could only ask a few questions about it and then I had to go out on to the shop floor and find something suitable for his needs. I asked him questions such as what has he come for today? does he have any requirements? how much is he willing to pay? etc. He told me he was looking for a large phone that he could send photos on and it have fast internet. I chose the Sony experia z3 because I knew it was a new phone out with a very good camera, very durable, waterproof and us 4G which is the fastest internet.

The next morning i got a call saying i got the job yay! Now i'm preparing to go for a two day induction at southampton.