EMC Interview Questions

Updated 19 Oct 2014
Updated 19 Oct 2014

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EMC.

HR scheduled scheduled interview over email and we never had a conversation before the interview.

Very decent technical round with two youngsters. They askw more about algorithms, techniques, approaches and how to implement etc.,

Three more technical discussions and they were all more of what you know and how do you approach and design.

I got totally exhausted and there comes the final Managerial round and typical questions like why are u looking for change, expected salary and etc., He also explained me about the product, team and work culture...

I was asked to meet the hr finally and went to meet him with lot of expectations and a glow in my face after hearing from the manager saying I've cleared all my interview, after all one if my dream company to join!

HR said we can talk over the phone and sent me:(. That's it they never called me for weeks.

When I emailed him he said, "This Requirement is on hold" and they never offered me!!!

Interview Questions
    • There are two array with same item's except the second one doesn't have one item missing form first. what will be your approach to find the missing one efficiently?   Answer Question

Sales Executive UK Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentford, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC in March 2014.

1- Initial conversation with an internal recruiter. He outlined what they were doing and the skills the company wanted. I listened, answered and we agreed to meet.

2 - Meeting with the same internal recruiter at the West London head office of EMC. We met and he outlined the company structure and product set in detail and the directions various corporate divisions were going. He also said how the sales team is split up. I answered a number of questions, it was my first interview for several years so I was a bit rusty. Towards the end I asked him his thoughts and if he had any reservations about me. He didn't and said he thought I'd be a good fit and he'd recommend me to the hiring manager.

3 - We spoke a couple of times after that to arrange the second interview and brief me. The hiring manager could hire me but his boss could veto the decision if he wanted.

4 - I met the hiring manager in the same office a week later. While sitting waiting for the interview a sales rep sat next to me while talking on the phone to a reseller of EMC's. He was saying they'd just had the 'Winston Churchill' speech from the management. 'This is the most important quarter ever…' (It was Q1).

5 - The hiring manager's first question was what EMCs annual revenue was, which I answered correctly. He asked a few similar questions about the company, and not about me, and then asked about my background. He then told me about the job and seemed deliberately trying to put me off.

He said, for example, 'the working day starts at 7.30am dealing with emails, then you make calls and drive to your first appointment. After that, as you drive to your next appointment, you make calls/arrange workshops/call internally where necessary. Lunch with a customer should be expected, or travelling. Then another meeting plus more follow-up work immediately afterwards. Back to the office or home. Emailing/calls until 6.30-7 and then go to dinner with a customer.' Every now and then he'd interrupt himself asking me if I was up for this. Having run my own business the answer was, 'this is easy'. After asking me about the company's strategy in data storage hardware he decided my current role meant I wasn't qualified for the position.

5 - I called the internal recruiter several times after but he didn't take my call nor return my calls.
    6 - I emailed the hiring manager but never received a reply.
    7 - EMC's profits were down and their figures ended up being disappointing that quarter. i am glad I am not there now.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were chancellor of the exchequer?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

first round: phone-screening (20 minutes)
    second round:
    15 min presentation about your education background, experience and why EMC?
    Q&A (problem solving, questions regarding your CV)

Interview Questions
    • Not really, people there are nice to talk with.
      Questions are relatively easy to answer if you have enough practical experience to answer.
        Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in October 2013.

Initial interview was with the Recruitment team after they spent months hounding me. No indication of the expectation for the meeting, which was conducted by a typical recruiter who knew little about the Industry and read from a sheet! They did know the structure of the organisation which they insisted spending 25 mins of the allotted hour taking me through!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for EMC? Read that in the Interviewing for Dummies 101?   View Answer

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at EMC in August 2013.

Poor information and poor leadership demonstrated by hiring manager

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EMC.

3 rounds of interviews:

1st round - Telephonic interview (CV based questions) - 1 hour

2nd round - To make a presentation on how I would mange the internship project & another round of face to face interview - 1.5 hours

3rd round- Interview with director - Competency based questions, why join EMC, about EMC and its products, about the recent M&A in EMC and how do they impact the company - 1 hour

Interview Questions
    • Competency based questions on how to handle difficult situations, difficult people, how to manage projects, Experience of working internationally with teams located virtually, questions on previous work experience, questions about EMC.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EMC.

1 telephone screening interview, 2 face-to-face meetings. Required to produce a ppt presentation.

Interview Questions
    • If this was your annual performance review - how well would you have done?   Answer Question
    Basic salary offer based on previous P60s.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentford, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EMC.

3 telephone interviews with recruitment
    1 face to face with recruitment
    1 x 2.5 hour face to face with hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • My one concern is that you are not technical enough for the role maybe!   View Answer

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EMC.

There were two rounds of interviews for their Finance Training Program internship. The first interview was a one-on-one interview for 30 minutes. EMC came to my campus for that. Next, you moved on to the next round which is four back to back interviews at their headquarters in Hopkinton, MA.

Interview Questions
    • One hiring manager in the second round ask me what I would do in a specific situation and even drew a picture to enhance her question.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at EMC in February 2013.

One screening call and then a face to face interview. The interview process was very mechanical. They just wanted straight answers, didn't seem like a very creative place.

Interview Questions
    • None. Basic sales interview type questions such as give a example of when you did a sale. What could you have done better?   Answer Question