EY

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at EY in January 2012.

Interview Details The whole process took five months and was interrupted by long periods of silence. The recruiter was overstretched in his role and had too many other candidates to service so his attention on me felt very limited. The technical phone interview was the first stage, and it was a rushed 30-minute phone call with a partner. She seemed rushed and asked superficial questions, and this passed me on to the next stage. Next was an in-person interview with 3 people. I got an offer after the in-person interview. Those doing the interviews were not very experienced.

Interview Question – None. The questions were not difficult and there was no case interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because the offer was higher than at other firms.

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in April 2013.

Interview Details Pretty straightforward and quick. Applied to job posting on website, was contacted from recruiter within 2 weeks. 3-step interview process over about 3 weeks:
1) 30 min phone call with recruiter inquiring about why I want to leave current firm, why E&Y, career goals
2) 30 min technical screening phone call with Manager consisting of behavioral questions (e.g., tell me about a time you dealt with multiple tasks/priorities, tell me about the most challenging project you were a part of, tell me how you're actively trying to learn more about the industry and make a name for yourself)
3) 3 separate in-person interviews with a Manager, Sr Manager, and Partner (each about 45 minutes) - questions were mostly behavioral, gauging interest in the job/field, and trying to determine fit within organization

Interview Question – (After Sr Manager described further some of the core functional sub-groups within the main Advisory group), which sub-group do you feel that you could contribute the most to and why?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in July 2013.

Interview Details I was approached by a recruiter through LinkedIn. Had an intiial conversation with the recruiter, followed by 3 rounds of phone interviews. Then, I was called in for an in-person meet/greet - met with a Senior Manager and Partner -very informal and more learning about the company.

Interview Question – None/ Overall great experience, friendly people   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered in the range I asked for, I negotiated for a sign on bonus

New York, NY (US)

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2012.

Interview Details Initially, I was pre screened at a job fair as a younger advisory employee directed me to have a 15 mins interview with a VP who was also at the job fair. A week later I talked with an HR phone interviewer who wanted to collect salary and location expectations and preferences. After another phone interview was an on site interview where I met with 5 VPs. Not many probing questions were asked.

Interview Question – Why Advisory services?   Answer Question

Advisory Senior

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2011.

Interview Details I spoke with two recruiters by phone, and then met in person with an HR representative, two senior managers, and a partner. All of my interviews were one on one. Questions revolved around my background and prior experience. I had the sense that candidates should elaborate on prior experriene in a concise way and offer a very polished and professional demeanor.

Interview Questions

• In what capacity have you worked with clients previously?   Answer Question
  • How did you sell your prior company's services? What differentiated their services?   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in May 2011.

Interview Details Fairly standard for the Big 4; initial screening over the phone, passed off to the area recruiter for another phone screening, had a 30-minute phone interview with a Senior Manager in my practice, was then selected to fly up to 5 Times Square (New York) for on-site final interviews which consisted of Partner, Senior Manager, and Manager interviews, plus a detailed discussion with the recruiter. Generally behavioral though some focus on technical competency.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate, considered the offered salary/benefits package to be fair and at-market.

Advisory Senior

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at EY in April 2011.

Interview Details Initial contact was with HR who set up the interview with another individual. Pretty short interview overall. Asked me 5 questions which had little to do with the position i applied for and mostly pertained to a position I had over 6 years ago. I seemed to have more questions than they did.

Houston, TX (US)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview Details Two step process. One short, one on one campus interview and one full day interview. On campus consisted of short behavioral and short case. Full day interview consisted of one case, one writing sample and two behavioral.

Overall, I found the process to be very pleasent. All of the people I spoke with were very freindly and the entire process was structure to be as stressless as possible. I had other offers but took this one based on the kindness of the staff during the interview process

Interview Question – Describe a time where you had a team failure   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was happy with offer and did not negotiate

Senior Advisory Interview

McLean, VA (US)

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in August 2010.

Interview Details Process is streamlined.
- Phone screen by HR
- Phone interview with a SM
- Office interview with M and SM
- Hoping to get a call for next round :)

Interview Question – None. I found all questions easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not there yet

Advisory Senior

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at EY in November 2009.

Interview Details I had a phone interview which led to an office visit in the following week. I wasn't notified of the interview structure until I showed up. I walked in thinking it would be a first round but it was actually several back to back interviews with managers and senior managers. Final meeting was with a partner. Questions were almost all behavioral and going through the resume.

In my opinion, I believe the group was somewhat desperate for resources as the interviewers really pushed how great of a firm EY was because of its friendly culture and learning opportunities.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation you've been in   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary offered was very below market

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Advisory Senior interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.