EY Advisory Senior Interview Questions

Updated 31 Mar 2015
Updated 31 Mar 2015

2.8

Advisory Senior Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EY.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews and a screening test at home. Overall not something more than what is expected. They try to see whether you have the problem solving skills they are looking for

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Advisory Senior Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

There were several phone interviews with HR and Business specific management before passing to the "Super Day". The Super Day is a 4 part interview. 1 Part with HR, 3 parts with managers and senior managers that you could potentially work with after joining the firm.

The questions are pretty standard, they ask about your background, types of projects you have worked on, level of clients you were exposed to in the past.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were really standard and based on your past experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me everything I asked for, which was a very generous offer.

Advisory Senior Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

I originally bounced around from recruiter to recruiter within the firm to finally come to the advisory practice that i was most interested in. Everyone I spoke to was kind and very receptive. Eventually I was called into an interview with a manager, senior manager, and Partner. I clicked with each individual team member. Within 3 days I received a call extending an offer.

Interview Questions

• All questions were soft skills. Name the most difficult area that you tested and how you handled it from beginning to end.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Always negotiate. Look at the benefits package and the salary. Get data from sites and most importantly your network from other big 4.

Advisory Senior Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at EY in June 2014.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn to discuss the opportunity. Initial phone screen with recruiter, then phone interview with a Manager within the practice group. Next step was on site interview at NYC headquarters with 4 senior manager level team members. Received an offer about 2 weeks after the on site interview. Whole process took about a 6-7 weeks from start to finish. Very professional at every step along the way and great recruiting team.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions. Current events in your industry. Leadership and working in teams examples. Why EY.   Answer Question

Advisory Senior Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (Charlotte, NC (US)) in July 2013.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter through LinkedIn. Had an intiial conversation with the recruiter, followed by 3 rounds of phone interviews. Then, I was called in for an in-person meet/greet - met with a Senior Manager and Partner -very informal and more learning about the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered in the range I asked for, I negotiated for a sign on bonus

Advisory Senior Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

Pretty straightforward and quick. Applied to job posting on website, was contacted from recruiter within 2 weeks. 3-step interview process over about 3 weeks:
    1) 30 min phone call with recruiter inquiring about why I want to leave current firm, why E&Y, career goals
    2) 30 min technical screening phone call with Manager consisting of behavioral questions (e.g., tell me about a time you dealt with multiple tasks/priorities, tell me about the most challenging project you were a part of, tell me how you're actively trying to learn more about the industry and make a name for yourself)
    3) 3 separate in-person interviews with a Manager, Sr Manager, and Partner (each about 45 minutes) - questions were mostly behavioral, gauging interest in the job/field, and trying to determine fit within organization

Interview Questions

• (After Sr Manager described further some of the core functional sub-groups within the main Advisory group), which sub-group do you feel that you could contribute the most to and why?   Answer Question

Advisory Senior Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

The hiring and interview process is selective and in the beginning is very behavioral in nature. It is important to be knowledgeable about the company and have a genuine interest in EY with specific reasoning as to why it is attractive compared to other similar opportunities. Also, it always helps to have someone on the inside who is well respected that you can reference in an interview as vouching for your work ethic and character. Get your CV in using a current employee as a recommendation and greatly boost your chances at landing an interview. Ask whoever recommends you to invite you out to meet some others so you can gather more information and have additional names to drop of people you reached out to to learn more about the firm.

Interview Questions

• What is consulting? (If applying for Advisory make sure you have a grasp as to what a work day actually entails and not the glamorized "House of Lies" lifestyle)   Answer Question

Advisory Senior Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

Initially, I was pre screened at a job fair as a younger advisory employee directed me to have a 15 mins interview with a VP who was also at the job fair. A week later I talked with an HR phone interviewer who wanted to collect salary and location expectations and preferences. After another phone interview was an on site interview where I met with 5 VPs. Not many probing questions were asked.

Advisory Senior Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

The whole process took five months and was interrupted by long periods of silence. The recruiter was overstretched in his role and had too many other candidates to service so his attention on me felt very limited. The technical phone interview was the first stage, and it was a rushed 30-minute phone call with a partner. She seemed rushed and asked superficial questions, and this passed me on to the next stage. Next was an in-person interview with 3 people. I got an offer after the in-person interview. Those doing the interviews were not very experienced.

Interview Questions

• None. The questions were not difficult and there was no case interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because the offer was higher than at other firms.

Advisory Senior Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2011.

Interview

I spoke with two recruiters by phone, and then met in person with an HR representative, two senior managers, and a partner. All of my interviews were one on one. Questions revolved around my background and prior experience. I had the sense that candidates should elaborate on prior experriene in a concise way and offer a very polished and professional demeanor.

Interview Questions

• In what capacity have you worked with clients previously?   Answer Question
    • How did you sell your prior company's services? What differentiated their services?   Answer Question