EY Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (London, England) in February 2012.

Interview

I submitted my application online through their website. They accepted my initial application and I then had to go through a phone interview. After the phone interview I moved on to the Online Testing portion. Then begins a quantitative test and an analytical test. If passed you are then invited to participate in a 1:1 interview. Again, if they deem you an acceptable candidate, you are then invited to the Ernst and Young testing day. The testing day consists of a 1:1 interview with a executive, followed by a group presentation which you are expected to have prepared for. Following the group presentation you put through the Ernst and Young written tests. Which are composed of a quantitative examination as well as an analytical exam. Lastly you are required to go through an interview with a partner.

Interview Questions

• Could you explain why a company such as EY has to have safeguards against conflicts of interest. Specifically between the Audit and Consulting side fo the firm?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY (Birmingham, England) in February 2007.

Interview

Applied on line through a lengthy application form, including long written answers about achievements and what I would do in particular situations.

Interview consisted of a 30minute face-to-face interview with a senior member of staff, who quizzed me on my application form as well as how much I knew about Ernst & Young. I was asked about what I would do in varying situations and how I rank different achievements in my life. I was also asked to discuss how I had demonstrated teaming before an overcome challenges in teams.

I then had a 'group assessment centre'. We had to read information and then debate a given stance on the information. Before then being set a new objective of working together as a team to take a new view point. We then had a 1 hour written assessment about a case study given.

I was informed within 24 hours that I had been accepted.

Interview Questions

• In the past, where have you demonstrated courage, enthusiasm and dedication?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation took place.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

There was a simple aptitude test containing quant,lr,english questiions for 60 minutes and one formal letter writing.
    Second Round was Group discussion-My topic was Are villages in India boon or bane.
    Third round was HR interview
    Fourth Round was a Technical Interview- Just in time technique, abc analysis, auditing, overheads,capital and revenue expenditure.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview

The interview process was very enjoyable. Everyone was very friendly and I felt very comfortable throughout the process. The phone interview was very general and mostly asked questions about what I am looking to do. The one on one interviews consisted of a dinner the night before and two interviews the day of.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Interview

I applied through the on-campus website and in the EY website too. I got the first round on-campus interview and nothing unexpected. They will ask you to talk about yourself, basically going through your resume. Besides that, they will ask behavioral question, such as teamwork etc. Did not proceed to the second round interview.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

Interview

The first round was on campus with a partner. He was really nice and friendly. We had an easy and nice conversation revolving around audit career in general. I got invited to second round, which was an office visit. It was 1 day long process with dinner and social activities with current employees the night before the interview. Then I had two interviews back to back with a manager and a senior managers. It was a nice experience overall. Everybody was welcoming and friendly. I was bummed to learn that I didn't get an offer.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY (Bangalore (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

GD was pick and speak , checking communication skill
    Aptitude test was ok . basic psychometric test.
    HR round was average , they asked me if knew about the job description , expected ctc and stuff
    Technical round
    Managerial round

At Least EY bothered to respond in regard whether I was selected or not unlike other organisations!

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

First round interview at school, second round interview at the office. The company covered the traveling and hotel expenses. There was a pre-interview dinner to network and interact with the interviewers and other professionals at the company.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview, give an example of a time you demonstrated leadership   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY.

Interview

Applied through online and got an interview request a week later. Did some tests before the interview, just some basic English and behavioral test. Interviewed by two of the directors and mostly they asked stuff in regard to my resume. Both of them are very friendly and they asked a few double entry questions which are quite easy. In the end of the interview, the directors encouraged me to ask them more questions. You can ask any questions whether it is related to the job or not.

Interview Questions

• They would give you some situations that are tricky, but you could ask them to repeat the questions again.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied Through Campus.
    Got a phone interview with hr and being invited to an office visit.
    At their times square office, interviewed one manager and one senior manager, 1/2 hour each. They do not ask many questions only ask me to bring them through my resume. And then they spend a fair amount of time to explain the role and ask u if u have any question. I do not feel passionate or they are not interested on me.