EY

Average Difficulty
61 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details There will be an interview meetings initially that are telephonic especially is you are not around the office. The telephone interview may go upto 1-2 hours depending on the job profile. The questions will be very specific during the technical interview to the project needs that they have. Mock role playing canbe a part of the interview process during the 1:1 interviews or group interviews

Interview Question – Taking the role of a project manager in front of a nasty client, played by the interviewer   Answer Question

London, England

I applied online and the process took 9 months - interviewed at EY in September 2012.

Interview Details 1. Online Maths and Reasoning tests, fairly standard for graduate schemes
2. Competency based interview at their London offices questions like:

When have you worked well in a team?

When have you gone above and beyond the call of duty

When has been your greatest achievement?

What has been your biggest challenge and how do oyu overcome it?

How do you diesignate your time?

3. Assessment centre:

First was a group excercise, about different form of green energy and what the company should invest in:

I would say try not to be too dominant in this excercise, they are looking for people who can fit in a team easily. Pay attention to the details and if you have any good points try and make them well known.

Second was the interview with the partner. This was a more in-depth than the competency based interview with the same type of questions "Why ernst and young" etc. This is the person who will eventually decice if you get the job so prepare well and make a very good impression.

Lastly was two psychometic tests. These are identical to the ones which you would have taken online, they just want to see how well you work under pressure.

Overall I would say research the company, research the role, research on websites like this what employers say about the company, sell yourself and be confident!

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?   View Answer

London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at EY in March 2010.

Interview Details The application and interview process consisted of 5 stages. Online application, online testing, first round interview, assessment centre, and partner interview. All staff encountered were extremely approachable and friendly and the interview felt more like a chat than an interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Graduate position, unable to negotiate.

London, England

The process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in September 2010.

Interview Details Strength based first-interview in London for a graduate position in Advisory. This was a one on one interview with a senior consultant. The interview was quite laid back, with the interviewer displaying a good sense of humour and made me feel comfortable quite quickly. Typical questions were:

- Would you describe yourself as an effective person?
- Would your friends describe you as organised?

I believe they are looking for some self-analysis and to find out how you react to feedback. A few examples are beneficial and honesty is probably looked upon in a better light than answering all questions with a "yes, I am"

Interview Questions

• Would you describe yourself as an effective person?   View Answer
  • Would your friends describe you as an organised person?   View Answer

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Initial process involved an online application and testing - Progression led to an assessment day invitation which consisted of an interview with two senior staff, a group activity and a tour of the offices by recent graduates, with an opportunity to further interact with employees and other candidates at lunch - The entire process was quite streamlined and efficient, particularly in comparison to peer firms - Time from application to assessment day = approx. 1 month with an offer made two days later.

Interview Question – No questions were out of the ordinary or particularly difficult - Standard situational and behavioural questions based on your experiences - 'Hardest' question: "What is a current event or issue in business you are following? - What is your understanding of it? - How it affects or has the potential to affect our clients in the the operation of their businesses and the services we provide in lieu of this?"   Answer Question

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details Multiple stages, technical and behavioural questions covering a wide variety of topics. Several different interviewers, initially HR employees followed by members from the actual team. Final stage was a team lunch to get an idea for behavioural fit.

Interview Question – Tell me about your dream job   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in August 2010.

Interview Details Be prepared for all kinds of questions in your space of excellence and normally there 3 to 4 rounds of interview. Have your technical skills sharpened and also be aware of the current scenario.

Interview Question – Co-relate your future and your present through EY   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details The process started with an online application followed by online quiz and situational test. After this there was an assessment centre with a group task with about 4 others. This was followed up by an interview. However some candidates had their interview before the group task.

Interview Question – If you could pick one client to work with who would it be?   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through another source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Very informal, we met at a conference and interviewed in a coffee shop. They asked about my comfort level with excessive travel as a consultant, and they also asked about how well I write. I had the opportunity to meet with a few junior members of the team in a round robin fashion.

Interview Question – They were antagonist about my law background.   Answer Question

Adelaide (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Well structured interview process with prompt communication from HR. Partners are really nice and down to earth and truly want you to succeed in the interview process

Interview Question – Explain a time you have worked overseas and had to overcome culture shock   Answer Question

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!