EY Consultant Interview Questions

Updated 23 Oct 2014

3.1

67 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in June 2014.

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 month - interviewed at EY in June 2014. I was able to apply through college recruiting. I didn't have much finance background, so they didn't ask any technical questions, so much of the interview was aptitude, verbal and logical reasoning and why I wanted to work as a Consultant at EY.

Personally I did use The Ultimate Career Interview App for iOS to learn and prepare for the EY Interview Questions and most of the questions where in the app. For me it was very helpful to see the questions and from then on I prepared my answers.

Interview Questions
  • I would say to anyone that applies at EY just stay calm and try to answers all the questions no matter what in your unique way   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

There will be an interview meetings initially that are telephonic especially is you are not around the office. The telephone interview may go upto 1-2 hours depending on the job profile. The questions will be very specific during the technical interview to the project needs that they have. Mock role playing canbe a part of the interview process during the 1:1 interviews or group interviews

Interview Questions
    • Taking the role of a project manager in front of a nasty client, played by the interviewer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at EY in September 2012.

1. Online Maths and Reasoning tests, fairly standard for graduate schemes
    2. Competency based interview at their London offices questions like:

When have you worked well in a team?

When have you gone above and beyond the call of duty

When has been your greatest achievement?

What has been your biggest challenge and how do oyu overcome it?

How do you diesignate your time?

3. Assessment centre:

First was a group excercise, about different form of green energy and what the company should invest in:

I would say try not to be too dominant in this excercise, they are looking for people who can fit in a team easily. Pay attention to the details and if you have any good points try and make them well known.

Second was the interview with the partner. This was a more in-depth than the competency based interview with the same type of questions "Why ernst and young" etc. This is the person who will eventually decice if you get the job so prepare well and make a very good impression.

Lastly was two psychometic tests. These are identical to the ones which you would have taken online, they just want to see how well you work under pressure.

Overall I would say research the company, research the role, research on websites like this what employers say about the company, sell yourself and be confident!

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

The process took a weekinterviewed at EY in September 2010.

Strength based first-interview in London for a graduate position in Advisory. This was a one on one interview with a senior consultant. The interview was quite laid back, with the interviewer displaying a good sense of humour and made me feel comfortable quite quickly. Typical questions were:

- Would you describe yourself as an effective person?
    - Would your friends describe you as organised?

I believe they are looking for some self-analysis and to find out how you react to feedback. A few examples are beneficial and honesty is probably looked upon in a better light than answering all questions with a "yes, I am"

Interview Questions
    • Would you describe yourself as an effective person?   View Answer
    • Would your friends describe you as an organised person?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at EY in March 2010.

The application and interview process consisted of 5 stages. Online application, online testing, first round interview, assessment centre, and partner interview. All staff encountered were extremely approachable and friendly and the interview felt more like a chat than an interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most important thing you've learnt about yourself to date?   Answer Question
    • When have you demonstrated leadership skills?   Answer Question
    Graduate position, unable to negotiate.

Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EY.

The interview process with EY MENA took about 15 weeks overall. 3 weeks after sending the online application i received 2 online tests to do (english and logical). 8 weeks later i received a phone call to invite me to the assessment day in their office. During the first part of that day i did a group case study along with other candidates. The second part was a one on one interview with a partner( normal behavioral questions + questions about my past experience). 10 days later you reveive either an offer or a rejection.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation where you faced difficulties/problems/obstacles while working/ studying and how did you overcome these obstacles.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at EY in August 2014.

1st HR round followed by Technical round. Only questions on my previous work experience were in detail. No, excel formulas asked. No case study. Questions on latest updates of Companies Act 2013 were asked. Then how would you present your observation in report.

Interview Questions
    • nothing much difficult. Only questions on my previous work experience were in detail. No, excel formulas asked. No case study.   Answer Question
    I had said as company norms. So no negotiation.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

Initial process involved an online application and testing - Progression led to an assessment day invitation which consisted of an interview with two senior staff, a group activity and a tour of the offices by recent graduates, with an opportunity to further interact with employees and other candidates at lunch - The entire process was quite streamlined and efficient, particularly in comparison to peer firms - Time from application to assessment day = approx. 1 month with an offer made two days later.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were out of the ordinary or particularly difficult - Standard situational and behavioural questions based on your experiences - 'Hardest' question: "What is a current event or issue in business you are following? - What is your understanding of it? - How it affects or has the potential to affect our clients in the the operation of their businesses and the services we provide in lieu of this?"   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Multiple stages, technical and behavioural questions covering a wide variety of topics. Several different interviewers, initially HR employees followed by members from the actual team. Final stage was a team lunch to get an idea for behavioural fit.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at EY in June 2014.

I had applied through its website. Well, I got a call from one of their Directors the next day. Within the next few days, I was invited for an interview in one of their offices (Gurgaon) after 6:30 pm. It was with A Partner and the same Director person. That was it!!!!
    I was asked to wait for sometime for my feedback. Months passed.. I tried to follow up with the Same Director, but with the same answer. " We have not decided yet"... For God's sake, Just tell me a plain no and all of this speculation would end.