EY

Getting the Interview

54 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details There will be an interview meetings initially that are telephonic especially is you are not around the office. The telephone interview may go upto 1-2 hours depending on the job profile. The questions will be very specific during the technical interview to the project needs that they have. Mock role playing canbe a part of the interview process during the 1:1 interviews or group interviews

Interview Question – Taking the role of a project manager in front of a nasty client, played by the interviewer   Answer Question

London, England

I applied online and the process took 9 months - interviewed at EY in September 2012.

Interview Details 1. Online Maths and Reasoning tests, fairly standard for graduate schemes
2. Competency based interview at their London offices questions like:

When have you worked well in a team?

When have you gone above and beyond the call of duty

When has been your greatest achievement?

What has been your biggest challenge and how do oyu overcome it?

How do you diesignate your time?

3. Assessment centre:

First was a group excercise, about different form of green energy and what the company should invest in:

I would say try not to be too dominant in this excercise, they are looking for people who can fit in a team easily. Pay attention to the details and if you have any good points try and make them well known.

Second was the interview with the partner. This was a more in-depth than the competency based interview with the same type of questions "Why ernst and young" etc. This is the person who will eventually decice if you get the job so prepare well and make a very good impression.

Lastly was two psychometic tests. These are identical to the ones which you would have taken online, they just want to see how well you work under pressure.

Overall I would say research the company, research the role, research on websites like this what employers say about the company, sell yourself and be confident!

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?   View Answer

London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at EY in March 2010.

Interview Details The application and interview process consisted of 5 stages. Online application, online testing, first round interview, assessment centre, and partner interview. All staff encountered were extremely approachable and friendly and the interview felt more like a chat than an interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Graduate position, unable to negotiate.

London, England

The process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in September 2010.

Interview Details Strength based first-interview in London for a graduate position in Advisory. This was a one on one interview with a senior consultant. The interview was quite laid back, with the interviewer displaying a good sense of humour and made me feel comfortable quite quickly. Typical questions were:

- Would you describe yourself as an effective person?
- Would your friends describe you as organised?

I believe they are looking for some self-analysis and to find out how you react to feedback. A few examples are beneficial and honesty is probably looked upon in a better light than answering all questions with a "yes, I am"

Interview Questions

• Would you describe yourself as an effective person?   View Answer
  • Would your friends describe you as an organised person?   View Answer

Adelaide (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview Details Very well organised interview process. Consultant interview, Manager interview and Partner interview. Followed by online skills test. Followed by in-person practical day.

Interview Question – Questions were fair.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was couriered to me the next day, accompanied with a personal phone call to inform me of the good news.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in December 2013.

Interview Details There were 4 rounds. 1. Communication-where i had to speak for a minute on a topic. 2.Written test-most of the questions were based on auditing as i had applied for the assurance dept. & also on sending emails, a few case studies. 3.HR round-friendly pple, most easiest round. 4.Technical round-Be sure u know the acctg stds & auditing stds and ur resume inside out.

Interview Question – what would you do if someone in your team is not willing to work because he is just bored   View Answers (2)

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details As a fresh graduate, they would concentrate on your university experience and they would try to understand what courses you have taken and what was your experience working in teams. They would ask you easy technical questions and might give you some case studies and behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Nothing much difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not hard

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details 3 rounds of interview,much grilling on technical questions and previous experience.
Why Should we hire you,Details of EY as a firm, case study and much focus on skills acquired in previous job and education.
Also,asks for good knowledge of finance and current affairs

Interview Question – What is that extra ordinary quality in you which makes you different from others?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not Much negotiation, pre decided

Ahmedabad (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Interview Details I had 3-4 rounds of interviews. They weren't interviews exactly and were more discussion sort of meetings. I discussed with my would-be manager in the first meeting at a client location. Afterwards, I received an email informing me of a Video Conference with Company Partner in my service line. He was very supportive throughout the discussion.

Interview Question – Why did I get low score in my Class 12 examination ?   View Answer

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Interviewers were very cordial the i was called for first two rounds of technical interview but no correspondences since then. I found it a bit unprofessional.

Interview Question – Very technical questions. Good knowledge of the subject is needed. Above all i felt that they test you on how much willing you are to work and what knowledge quotient you possess.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Consultant interview questions and advice. All 54 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.