EY

Updated 13 Feb 2015
Updated 13 Feb 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in May 2014.

Applied online in late April, the normal online tests etc. Interviewed in person in early May. Assessment centre featuring a group case study and more tests. Final partner interview on the same day at the end of May. Partner was very friendly and easy to talk to. Received an offer in the first week of June.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing at all difficult. Case study asked us to examine renewable energy sectors and deliver an opinion on which was the best investment.   Answer Question
I didn't attempt to negotiate, I don't think there is any room for that.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Intern Interview

On campus interview, on site super day.

Interview Questions
    • Case study was the 4th interview of the super day. The interviewer walked through how to answer the way he wanted before he gave me the packet.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in March 2014.

Interview. Competency based interview, wanted to know a lot of prior example,and apply knowledge of field into the answers. Many short questions rather than less longer questions. Questions were not particularly hard although wanted more examples.

Intern Interview

Online aptitude tests, verbal reasoning, numerically etc. it was not difficult, just tight on time. Assessment centre came next did a group challenge involving research and presentation. Had to summarise a company report in 20 mins, proof read a document and do mock phone call to see how you handle a conversation in a working environment. I also did a 50 minute competency based interview, though it was quite relaxed.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EY.

All my communications with EY were efficient and personal, always got a phonecall as well as an email. There was an online application form followed by online tests. One to One strengths interview followed by an assessment centre if you are successful. All staff seemed friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Is there anything which has not already been mentioned which you would like to tell me?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2012.

Communication was very detailed and friendly, they make sure they will call you rather than telling you things solely through emails.

The interview was strength based which means it is a bit more personal and my interviewer ( who was a director) was absolutely lovely. We chatted about hobbies and families. It shows that they want people who are well-rounded, not just well rehearsed speech-makers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

interviewed at EY in May 2010.

Rounds of testing and standard application form followed by a competency interview. During this interview they ask you to give examples of when you have displayed their core values. If you pass this you are invited to an assessment centre.

During assessment there is more testing on numerical and logical questions, followed by a group case study where you expected to read and analyse data to come to a conclusion as a group.

If you pass this you are then given a final interview by a partner. This is largely less formal, but still pressured.

Interview Questions
    • How do I know you won't get your qualification and then leave.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EY in January 2008.

Applied through University of Glasgow.

Interview Questions
    • What makes us different from the other members of the Big Four Accounting Firms   Answer Question
    None

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

I applied from campus career website posting and got a campus interview a week later. The company sent alumni to give the first round interviews. Then about two weeks after the first round interview, onsite interview invitation was sent by emails.

Interview Questions
    • Describe leadership and teamwork experience. Why do you choose tax function?
      Which sub service line do you want to join?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

On-Campus interview with 1 manager or partner after applying online and requesting an interview through the university's career center. Followed by an invite to an office visit with 2 more interviews with random partners or managers of the firm. They pay for your travel expenses with the office visit and I got the call from them extending an offer less than an hour after leaving the office.