EY Intern Interview Questions

Updated 29 Oct 2014

2.8

123 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in May 2014.

Applied online in late April, the normal online tests etc. Interviewed in person in early May. Assessment centre featuring a group case study and more tests. Final partner interview on the same day at the end of May. Partner was very friendly and easy to talk to. Received an offer in the first week of June.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing at all difficult. Case study asked us to examine renewable energy sectors and deliver an opinion on which was the best investment.   Answer Question
I didn't attempt to negotiate, I don't think there is any room for that.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Intern Interview

On campus interview, on site super day.

Interview Questions
    • Case study was the 4th interview of the super day. The interviewer walked through how to answer the way he wanted before he gave me the packet.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Online aptitude tests, verbal reasoning, numerically etc. it was not difficult, just tight on time. Assessment centre came next did a group challenge involving research and presentation. Had to summarise a company report in 20 mins, proof read a document and do mock phone call to see how you handle a conversation in a working environment. I also did a 50 minute competency based interview, though it was quite relaxed.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EY.

All my communications with EY were efficient and personal, always got a phonecall as well as an email. There was an online application form followed by online tests. One to One strengths interview followed by an assessment centre if you are successful. All staff seemed friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Is there anything which has not already been mentioned which you would like to tell me?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2012.

Communication was very detailed and friendly, they make sure they will call you rather than telling you things solely through emails.

The interview was strength based which means it is a bit more personal and my interviewer ( who was a director) was absolutely lovely. We chatted about hobbies and families. It shows that they want people who are well-rounded, not just well rehearsed speech-makers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

interviewed at EY in May 2010.

Rounds of testing and standard application form followed by a competency interview. During this interview they ask you to give examples of when you have displayed their core values. If you pass this you are invited to an assessment centre.

During assessment there is more testing on numerical and logical questions, followed by a group case study where you expected to read and analyse data to come to a conclusion as a group.

If you pass this you are then given a final interview by a partner. This is largely less formal, but still pressured.

Interview Questions
    • How do I know you won't get your qualification and then leave.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EY in January 2008.

Applied through University of Glasgow.

Interview Questions
    • What makes us different from the other members of the Big Four Accounting Firms   Answer Question
    None

Intern Interview

Second round of interviews was between a senior associate, manager, and partner. Most questions between associate and manager were behavioral. interview with partner was very laid back. After interviewing, I had to wait about two weeks before I got a rejection.

Intern Interview

Applied online through my school. From there had a behaviorial interview. Which had standard questions on things such as leadership, and team environments. From there there was an office visit with a few more behaviorual interviews. Great expereince overall.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

Applied online through their website. Was called for an interview few weeks later. The interview was quite straight-foreward with mostly behavioural questions. Completed a numerical analytical and english test. Invited to a second interview with a manager which was almost identical with the first one. I received an offer the same day without any negotiation process.

Interview Questions
    • If I were a prime minister what would be the first thing on my agenda?   Answer Question
    no negotiation