EY Intern Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (London, England) in August 2014.

Interview

On-line application, initial interview, then assessment centre coupled with a partner interview. Strengths based. Questions were flexible, highly recommend researching strength based interviews. Overall enjoyable experience. Assessment centre was challenging but not daunting, staff kept environment relaxed. Offer feedback is almost immediate which is certainly an advantage. Would recommend applying.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online in late April, the normal online tests etc. Interviewed in person in early May. Assessment centre featuring a group case study and more tests. Final partner interview on the same day at the end of May. Partner was very friendly and easy to talk to. Received an offer in the first week of June.

Interview Questions

• Nothing at all difficult. Case study asked us to examine renewable energy sectors and deliver an opinion on which was the best investment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't attempt to negotiate, I don't think there is any room for that.

Intern Interview

Interview

On campus interview, on site super day.

Interview Questions

• Case study was the 4th interview of the super day. The interviewer walked through how to answer the way he wanted before he gave me the packet.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY (London, England) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview. Competency based interview, wanted to know a lot of prior example,and apply knowledge of field into the answers. Many short questions rather than less longer questions. Questions were not particularly hard although wanted more examples.

Intern Interview

Interview

Online aptitude tests, verbal reasoning, numerically etc. it was not difficult, just tight on time. Assessment centre came next did a group challenge involving research and presentation. Had to summarise a company report in 20 mins, proof read a document and do mock phone call to see how you handle a conversation in a working environment. I also did a 50 minute competency based interview, though it was quite relaxed.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EY.

Interview

All my communications with EY were efficient and personal, always got a phonecall as well as an email. There was an online application form followed by online tests. One to One strengths interview followed by an assessment centre if you are successful. All staff seemed friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything which has not already been mentioned which you would like to tell me?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY (London, England) in November 2012.

Interview

Communication was very detailed and friendly, they make sure they will call you rather than telling you things solely through emails.

The interview was strength based which means it is a bit more personal and my interviewer ( who was a director) was absolutely lovely. We chatted about hobbies and families. It shows that they want people who are well-rounded, not just well rehearsed speech-makers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

interviewed at EY (Birmingham, England) in May 2010.

Interview

Rounds of testing and standard application form followed by a competency interview. During this interview they ask you to give examples of when you have displayed their core values. If you pass this you are invited to an assessment centre.

During assessment there is more testing on numerical and logical questions, followed by a group case study where you expected to read and analyse data to come to a conclusion as a group.

If you pass this you are then given a final interview by a partner. This is largely less formal, but still pressured.

Interview Questions

• How do I know you won't get your qualification and then leave.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EY (Glasgow, Scotland) in January 2008.

Interview

Applied through University of Glasgow.

Interview Questions

• What makes us different from the other members of the Big Four Accounting Firms   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Interview

During the first round of interviews, I talked to a partner and he was surprisingly very friendly and not intimidating. Most of his questions were based on the details listed on my resume, so make sure you know your resume well! He only asked one behavioral question.

During my second round of interviews, I met with 3 different partners and most of their questions were behavioral. They had already heard a lot of details about me from my first interviewer, so don't repeat yourself word for word to keep them interested.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to solve a problem in a group setting.   Answer Question