EY

Relevance Date Difficulty

Talent Acquisition Associate Interview

Talent Acquisition Associate
New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details The length of the interview process was a big disappointment for me. Two and a half months, interviewed with six people, completed an assessment, only to be turned down in favor of a candidate with prior experience. It seemed like an awfully long time to turn someone down based off of experience, which all of the interviewers knew I did not have in the first place. That really should have happened after the first interview. Instead, the process was drug out for months, all the while being told that I had positive feedback with each interview. I have been a recruiter for a very large corporation for the past seven years. This is not how I would treat my candidates, and this was a real eye-opener for me.

Interview Question – I was not asked anything that would be "out of the ordinary" when it comes to interview questions. As always, make sure you do your research on the company prior to interviewing. Learn abount current initiatives and hot topics. Ask the interviewer questions about the initiatives.   Answer Question

Advisory Senior Interview

Advisory Senior
New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in July 2014.

Interview Details There were several phone interviews with HR and Business specific management before passing to the "Super Day". The Super Day is a 4 part interview. 1 Part with HR, 3 parts with managers and senior managers that you could potentially work with after joining the firm.

The questions are pretty standard, they ask about your background, types of projects you have worked on, level of clients you were exposed to in the past.

Interview Question – All of the questions were really standard and based on your past experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave me everything I asked for, which was a very generous offer.

Very Easy Interview

Supervising Associate Interview

Supervising Associate
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in May 2010.

Interview Details Did a quick pre-qual phone interview with a recruited. A few days later set up an interview at 5 Times Square and interviewed with the two hiring managers. Took about 30 minutes. Received a call the next day with an offer. Accepted and started 2 weeks later.

Negotiation Details – None

Advisory Senior Interview

Advisory Senior
New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in June 2012.

Interview Details The hiring and interview process is selective and in the beginning is very behavioral in nature. It is important to be knowledgeable about the company and have a genuine interest in EY with specific reasoning as to why it is attractive compared to other similar opportunities. Also, it always helps to have someone on the inside who is well respected that you can reference in an interview as vouching for your work ethic and character. Get your CV in using a current employee as a recommendation and greatly boost your chances at landing an interview. Ask whoever recommends you to invite you out to meet some others so you can gather more information and have additional names to drop of people you reached out to to learn more about the firm.

Interview Question – What is consulting? (If applying for Advisory make sure you have a grasp as to what a work day actually entails and not the glamorized "House of Lies" lifestyle)   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Audit Staff
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2010.

Interview Details Campus recruiting involves on campus interviews/phone interview and an on site interview at the location you are applying for. You will typically have 3 interviews with 3 different people for on site interviews. Most questions are behavioral and not very technical.

Interview Question – Addressing weakness and difficult moments. Typically not a hard question but that is how hard it will get. Interviews are conversational and not very intimidating.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation or starting bonus.

Audit FSO Interview

Audit FSO
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Interview Details applied through campus job center. Got interview and had two rounds of interviews-one on campus with senior manager, and one onsite with two interviewers (one manager, and one senior manager)

Interview Question – none, but remember something about leadership- how to deal with difficult team member   Answer Question

Senior Associate FAAS Interview

Senior Associate FAAS
New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

Interview Details 2 rounds of interviews, behaviorial questions. Not difficult; just be very personable. Practice is growing so hiring process is not picky at all. People's quality are lowered thanbefore.

Interview Question – Just don't make up accounting references if you aren't sure. IF there is one thing people know here, that is their accounting guidance.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Advisory Senior III Interview

Advisory Senior III
New York, NY (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at EY in June 2014.

Interview Details Staffing agency person referred me to EY, Got the phone interview (Technical) call in a week and then traveled to New York for personal interview. It was three 30 minutes interviews with Partner, Exec Director and senior manager. The process was great and amazing people. I have got the offer after 2 weeks from the personal interview. I have declined the offer as they were not ready to offer what I have expected. No negotiation at all.

Interview Question – challenges faced in previous projects and how I have handled them.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I have asked for 25% higher than my current salary. EY Offered 15% higher than my current salary. Offer ended at $5K-$10K less than what I have asked for. They could not take an exception to get me more.

Advisory Senior III Interview

Advisory Senior III
New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in April 2014.

Interview Details Was given an accelerated interview due to a competing offer from another company already on the table. Less than a week after sending in my resume, I was flown to the NYC office where I had 45 min interviews with four people. Later that day I received a phone call and was informed that EY wanted to move forward with making an offer. About a week later I received the offer and accepted shortly afterwards.

Interview Question – What do you know about agile software development? Waterfall? Scrum? Etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was asked what my desired salary was. I asked for more than my competing offer, which could not be matched, but was given a very close offer from EY.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Manager, Customer Strategy, Financial Services Interview

Senior Manager, Customer Strategy, Financial Services
New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in May 2014.

Interview Details Screen by HR, followed by Sr. Manager screen, then 1/2 day visit to NYC which consisted of a brief introduction to a panel and 4 interviews -- 2 with live people (Sr. Manager, and Recruiting) with two phone interviews with partners.

Interview Question – Tell me your strengths and weaknesses?   View Answer

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!