EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.8

248 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

TAS Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

Two phone interviews. The first one behavioral with recruiting manager and the second with practice manager with mixed behavioral and technical questions. After that was invited to come to the office for interviews with 5 people (two partners and three managers).
    Questions:

- What is your leadership style?
    - Walk me through your resume
    - Tell me something that is not on your CV

Interview Questions
    • - Describe situation when you dealt with an interpersonal conflict?   Answer Question
    Was able to increase my salary by 5k

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY.

A recruiter found me on linkedin and approached me. First I went through an Hr screen I by and then had a face to face meeting with the manager. So far it has been a very good process. Yet to face the technical interview.

Senior Associate Financial Services Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I was referred by a friend who works at the Financial Services Office.

Interview Process:
    1) Phone screen with HR: Basically HR wanted to understand my background and make sure I have consulting experience in order to move forward.
    2) Phone screen with Partner: Since my consulting experience happened 5 years ago, the Partner wanted to make sure I still had the skills. He knew I did not have FS skills but he was comfortable that I had consulting skills so I moved on to the Super Day.
    3) Super Day: I went to the NY office and had 5 back to back 45-minute interview. The first interview was with the Partner, second interview was with HR, third interview was with a senior manager, 4th interview was with a manager and the final interview was with another senior manager. The interviews were conversational. Most of them told me during the interview that it was easier to teach FS skills than teach someone to become a consultant.

The feedback that I received was that all of them believed I had consulting skills but the deciding factor was the lack of FS skills.

Interview Questions
    • The last senior manager asked me technical FS questions.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Did not ask any technical or behavior question. Interviewer just went through my CV and ask me to ask him questions. The entire process is very conversational. Get a feeling that the interviewer is just testing the interviewee's interpersonal skill instead of technical skill. I suggest applicants should be prepared to ask some questions that shows you have done some research to the firm.

Talent Acquisition Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

The length of the interview process was a big disappointment for me. Two and a half months, interviewed with six people, completed an assessment, only to be turned down in favor of a candidate with prior experience. It seemed like an awfully long time to turn someone down based off of experience, which all of the interviewers knew I did not have in the first place. That really should have happened after the first interview. Instead, the process was drug out for months, all the while being told that I had positive feedback with each interview. I have been a recruiter for a very large corporation for the past seven years. This is not how I would treat my candidates, and this was a real eye-opener for me.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked anything that would be "out of the ordinary" when it comes to interview questions. As always, make sure you do your research on the company prior to interviewing. Learn abount current initiatives and hot topics. Ask the interviewer questions about the initiatives.   Answer Question

Advisory Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in July 2014.

There were several phone interviews with HR and Business specific management before passing to the "Super Day". The Super Day is a 4 part interview. 1 Part with HR, 3 parts with managers and senior managers that you could potentially work with after joining the firm.

The questions are pretty standard, they ask about your background, types of projects you have worked on, level of clients you were exposed to in the past.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were really standard and based on your past experience.   Answer Question
    They gave me everything I asked for, which was a very generous offer.

Advisory Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in July 2014.

I originally bounced around from recruiter to recruiter within the firm to finally come to the advisory practice that i was most interested in. Everyone I spoke to was kind and very receptive. Eventually I was called into an interview with a manager, senior manager, and Partner. I clicked with each individual team member. Within 3 days I received a call extending an offer.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were soft skills. Name the most difficult area that you tested and how you handled it from beginning to end.   Answer Question
    Always negotiate. Look at the benefits package and the salary. Get data from sites and most importantly your network from other big 4.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

Extremely lengthy process typically takes 2-3 months with excessive number of interviews. Decision is by committee and not left up to the individual hiring manager. This commonly prevents the hiring manager from actually choosing or offering based on their intuition for the specific role.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult, but the sheer number of interviews ensures candidates are jaded and repetitive   View Answer
    Offer is always mid-range, always go back for additional salary, was able to achieve $5k bump upwards from initial just by asking.

Advisory Senior III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EY in June 2014.

Staffing agency person referred me to EY, Got the phone interview (Technical) call in a week and then traveled to New York for personal interview. It was three 30 minutes interviews with Partner, Exec Director and senior manager. The process was great and amazing people. I have got the offer after 2 weeks from the personal interview. I have declined the offer as they were not ready to offer what I have expected. No negotiation at all.

Interview Questions
    • challenges faced in previous projects and how I have handled them.   Answer Question

I have asked for 25% higher than my current salary. EY Offered 15% higher than my current salary. Offer ended at $5K-$10K less than what I have asked for. They could not take an exception to get me more.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Campus recruiting, on site interview. (4 head to head interview, each half hour) Invited to Superday, where I was intereviewed by 4 senior managers and a Partner. Don't really have a lot of time to ask questions or go too much into detail in 30 minute interviews, but got the feeling they were more interested in learning if you are the right fit and can be "developed".