EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.8

244 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2010.

Campus recruiting involves on campus interviews/phone interview and an on site interview at the location you are applying for. You will typically have 3 interviews with 3 different people for on site interviews. Most questions are behavioral and not very technical.

Interview Questions
    • Addressing weakness and difficult moments. Typically not a hard question but that is how hard it will get. Interviews are conversational and not very intimidating.   Answer Question
    No negotiation or starting bonus.

Audit FSO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

applied through campus job center. Got interview and had two rounds of interviews-one on campus with senior manager, and one onsite with two interviewers (one manager, and one senior manager)

Interview Questions
    • none, but remember something about leadership- how to deal with difficult team member   Answer Question

Senior Associate FAAS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

2 rounds of interviews, behaviorial questions. Not difficult; just be very personable. Practice is growing so hiring process is not picky at all. People's quality are lowered thanbefore.

Interview Questions
    • Just don't make up accounting references if you aren't sure. IF there is one thing people know here, that is their accounting guidance.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Advisory Senior III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at EY in June 2014.

Staffing agency person referred me to EY, Got the phone interview (Technical) call in a week and then traveled to New York for personal interview. It was three 30 minutes interviews with Partner, Exec Director and senior manager. The process was great and amazing people. I have got the offer after 2 weeks from the personal interview. I have declined the offer as they were not ready to offer what I have expected. No negotiation at all.

Interview Questions
    • challenges faced in previous projects and how I have handled them.   Answer Question

I have asked for 25% higher than my current salary. EY Offered 15% higher than my current salary. Offer ended at $5K-$10K less than what I have asked for. They could not take an exception to get me more.

Advisory Senior III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in April 2014.

Was given an accelerated interview due to a competing offer from another company already on the table. Less than a week after sending in my resume, I was flown to the NYC office where I had 45 min interviews with four people. Later that day I received a phone call and was informed that EY wanted to move forward with making an offer. About a week later I received the offer and accepted shortly afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about agile software development? Waterfall? Scrum? Etc.   Answer Question
    I was asked what my desired salary was. I asked for more than my competing offer, which could not be matched, but was given a very close offer from EY.

Senior Manager, Customer Strategy, Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in May 2014.

Screen by HR, followed by Sr. Manager screen, then 1/2 day visit to NYC which consisted of a brief introduction to a panel and 4 interviews -- 2 with live people (Sr. Manager, and Recruiting) with two phone interviews with partners.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me your strengths and weaknesses?   View Answer

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at EY.

Extremely lengthy process typically takes 2-3 months with excessive number of interviews. Decision is by committee and not left up to the individual hiring manager. This commonly prevents the hiring manager from actually choosing or offering based on their intuition for the specific role.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult, but the sheer number of interviews ensures candidates are jaded and repetitive   View Answer
    Offer is always mid-range, always go back for additional salary, was able to achieve $5k bump upwards from initial just by asking.

Advisory Services Senior Manager (FSO) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at EY in April 2014.

Submitted my resume to EY recruiter who contacted me the next day. Phone interview with a sr. manager occurred a week later. Invited to NYC office for 'Super Day' which consisted of 4 1:1 interviews (sr. manager, director, partner, and partner/principle). One of the 1:1s involved a case question. Super Day was held on a Friday; the recruiter contacted me on the following Thursday regarding outcome/next steps.

Interview Questions
    • The case involved a client who was experiencing declining profitability in one of its lines of business. Two questions were asked: 1) What approach would you use to understand why there is a decline in profitability?, and 2) Calculate revenues by LOB based on percentage of total revenue by year (numbers were provided).   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Campus recruiting, on site interview. (4 head to head interview, each half hour) Invited to Superday, where I was intereviewed by 4 senior managers and a Partner. Don't really have a lot of time to ask questions or go too much into detail in 30 minute interviews, but got the feeling they were more interested in learning if you are the right fit and can be "developed".

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in May 2014.

Got an interview through campus recruiting. The first round interview took place on campus. First round interview questions were pretty easy. They just want to know who you are. Questions like "why tax? why accounting?". Then there were 3 recruiting events on campus.

Then the firm invites you for office visit, all expenses paid for. The second round interview was with partner and manager. They ask you almost the same questions like the first round interview. Make sure to ask a lot of questions and show that you're very interested.

Interview Questions
    • Which tax practice do you want to specialize in and why?   Answer Question