EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.8

243 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

Phone interview with an HR representative asking very basic information regarding previous jobs, salary expectations, current salary, etc. Week later phone interview with a Manager. It was in-depth conversation with some behavioral questions and some technical questions. They want to get a sense of whether or not you like this particular field and whether or not you would fit in their team. One day later HR rep scheduled a superday at the NY office. 6 1:1 interviews with managers, directors, and staff. Standard behavioral questions, but they really dug deep on technical questions. I couldn't answer most of the technical stuff because my knowledge and expertise is simply not up to their level, but they just want to see how you react to these types of situations. They are looking for enthusiasm and a positive attitude. Two weeks later I get a phone call from the hiring manager explaining that they liked me a lot and the feedback was very positive and they continued the job offer process for about two more weeks of filling out paperwork and various forms. About four weeks after I interviewed at the superday they email me the offer letter.

I went over and beyond with interview preparation and research. I honestly do not think I would have gotten this far without going at least 110%.

Interview Questions
    • What exactly do you do at your current job? It appears you do little to no analysis with the model.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate, but I assume the more experience you have the better your chances are, but EY is a very structured company so salaries at each level have minimums and maximums, so be prepared and you should expect what you deserve.

External Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

1. apply online through university career management website
    2. apply on EY's website, the link is given by University
    3. pre-night dinner organized by EY, sit with other candidates who applies same position and a alumni,
    4. First round campus interview, with a senior manager (10yrs working experience)
    5. Second round onsite interview with partner

TAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

I had two interviews. The first was on campus and the second at EY office. The first was all about my resume. The interviewer asked me a questions based on my resume. After the first interview, I was called for the second interview at their office which included a case and 2 resume based interview.

Interview Questions
    • The case was a bit tricky. I had to explain my reasoning first before trying to answer the case   Answer Question

Transaction Tax Staff Associate, TAS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Had a phone interview, followed by a phone interview, followed a few weeks later by in-office interview with four partners. After our interviews, a few junior associates took two of us to lunch. I didn't get an offer but everyone I met was incredibly professional, kind, and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • It was all just "getting to know you" type questions. I think the most "challenging" question was, "what's your favorite code section?" All very straightforward.   Answer Question

Advisory Quest Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

I interviewed through on-campus recruiting, and the interview was an 1 to 1 behavioral based on. Pretty simple and straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • There is no difficult question at all.   View Answer

IT Risk & Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I had a campus interview process. This consisted of an on-campus interview which consisted of mostly resume review and behavioral questions. Next was superday at the office. This day consisted of three interviews- 2 regular interviews and 1 case study interview. Interviews were straightforward and pretty painless. They are really nice at superday and accommodate to you very well. Definitely a positive experience.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Hiring and interview process was expedited rather quickly. Spoke to a couple of campus recruiters from EY FSO office on the phone before the formal phone interview. Following the phone interview I was asked to attend a "super-day" in their New York, NY office. The day began with meeting senior partners, followed by two separate interviews by lower level partners.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to be certain that you were not going to meet a clients deadline, what is a way you would approach the client and let them know the job would not be finished on time, and how would you move forward.   Answer Question

Staff, Financial Advisory - TAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

I have interviewed in college in on campus recruiting drive. I have intimated in a week saying, that I have been selected for Big day in NYC. I got the final result in 4 days.

Interview Questions
    • Case study. They give you a case in real world financial situation. And they expect you to answer the questions regarding that.   View Answer

Advisory Services Senior - Financial Services Office - Performance Improvement - Asset Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at EY.

The recruitment process was slow to start. In November I was contacted by a recuiter and after they took in my profile they didn't hear back from EY till January. Once the position came back in scope the process moved fast with two phone interviews that were followed by one morning round of interviews with Senior Managers and an Executive Manager.
    Overall these were very nice people to work with, especially during the interviews. They really try to see if you're a good fit for their teams. It seems like an engaging culture to work in.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to have to dive deep into your resume. They are looking for example of past experiences to determine how well you can explain it and relate it to the position they're looking to fill. Show how you can relate to potential client needs.
      No business case was presented.
        Answer Question

EY Advisory FSO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

I applied on campus interviewed with a Partner and then was invited for their Superday in NY. The interview started with a presentation talking about the service line then the greeters took us for our interview locations. The interviews consisted of 1 writing test (1 hr), 1 reasoning test 45 mins, 2 behavioral 45 mins and 1 case 45 mins. Got an acceptance call within two days.

Interview Questions
    • I really prepared very well for the case so know your basics and dont rush. Think before opening your mouth and talk sense like a proper consultant. You can make flow charts/diagrams if you like- they helped me a lot.   View Answer
    Did not negotiate it was well beyond my expectations.