EY SENIOR Consultant Interview Questions

Updated 12 Oct 2014
Updated 12 Oct 2014

85 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

interviewed at EY in December 2013.

3 round process.
I completed 2 rounds and am preparing for the 3rd round interview, which is with a Director.
1 round interview was a telephone interview, about 20 min. Straight forward questions about projects and to test technical know how.
2 round was a case - 2 page case about a company and it's current situation. Given 30 min to analyse, then had to answer questions from an EY manager. Again straight forward but needed to know my stuff and demonstrate experience and analysis. Best to prep with some generic case study examples.
3 round is to be a 10 min presentation with 50 min QA but will include questions re CV and experience.

So far the people have been really nice and helpful.

Interview Questions
  • mostly technical so if you know your stuff you should be fine.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EY.

2 stage interview. 1st w Senior Manager, 2nd w Director

Senior Consultant Interview

Had a telephone interview as first stage which was quite a general chat about experience to date, why EY, scenario about how to infuence people etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at EY in January 2011.

Referred by a current employee for a role. EY invited me for the Assessment Centre for a case study interview and a group exercise followed by a group presentation. The firm is extremely friendly and people seemed very nice and polite. Neither the case study nor the group exercise was complicated. Something I could have probably done equally well without any preparation.

Since my experience did not match that required for this exeperienced position, EY decided not to take my case forward, which was a real shame as could simply said that ahead of the invitation. They had my CV!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY in July 2010.

In total there were 4 rounds.
    R1. Telephonic: CV based, Competency based, partly technical (75 minutes) by Senior Manager
    R2. Case Study: A business case discussion and you are expected to logically solve business problems and come up with recommendations. There is also a hint of further technical interview for the job applied at the end. (90 minutes) by Senior Manager
    R3. Partner: Presentation to a Partner on a chosen project and general discussion about career ambitions and what EY has to offer. (60 minutes)
    R4. Stress test: This was probably I was not from consulting background. I was given numerous situations to think on feet and come up with the optimum solutions at the spot. (30 minutes) by Partner.

Interview Questions
    • What's the total number of neuro surgeons in Britain?   View Answer
    • Draw a geometric figure with 7 dots and minimum number of stratight lines and calculate the base (approximation acceptable)   View Answer
    I had an offer from Accenture for a similar profile so yes I was in solid position to negotiate a fairly decent deal.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY.

3 steps : HR interview, back-up check, Group Excercises, logic tests, operational and manager interviews. English level tests, mathematical tests, analytic tests. Personal and behaviourial tests
    Written expression, Resume description and personal interest for the market and IT

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions about common software used and global knowledge on the clients.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at EY in September 2014.

I was referred by a friend.It took just 2 weeks from the time the Resume was submitted and I got a call from HR. Total 3 Interviews.
    1: Scheduled a preliminary round with HR.
    2: Phone Interview with Senior Consultant ( bcoz manager was not available)
    3: 45 minutes each on site interview with Sr. Manager, Partner and Manager.

They all gave a background of EY work structure, FSO, Risk Management and their experience in EY so far. It was more like a discussion than an interview.
    Basic behavioral, project based and some conceptual questions like What is CFPB Reporting etc..

Very good overall Experience, professional enviornment and structured process. HR was very supporting in the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • Most Unexpected: Which areas are you interested in ( Operational Risk, Regulatory or Compliance) working towards? Basically, they were trying to gauge where would I like to enhance my professional skills and where could they leverage my experience in.
      No difficult questions.
      Give an example of a project which involved performance improvement?
      Challenging project?
      What was your role in it ?

- Tips : Follow the STAR format while answering behavioral questions.
      Read your resume thoroughly.
      Be confident
        Answer Question
    Relocation and Base.

Senior Consultant Interview

Telephonic interview + minimum 2 layers of management discussion (including Partner) + HR discussion. Interview process took over 5 weeks. At least one interview needs to be a face to face discussion

Senior Consultant Interview

HR Interview followed by two rounds of technical interview. Taken by panel of about 6 people. Very tough to crack. One of the most difficult interviews. But can be cracked if well prepared.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

Classical interview process: HR first, then 2 rounds with Senior Manager with business cases and finally one short interview with the Practice leader if everything fits in. At least 2 business cases to resolve with 5 to 10 minutes preapration before the interview.

Interview Questions
    Almost no negociation because they were not open to it.