EY

Average Difficulty
82 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant

I interviewed at EY in December 2013.

Interview Details 3 round process.
I completed 2 rounds and am preparing for the 3rd round interview, which is with a Director.
1 round interview was a telephone interview, about 20 min. Straight forward questions about projects and to test technical know how.
2 round was a case - 2 page case about a company and it's current situation. Given 30 min to analyse, then had to answer questions from an EY manager. Again straight forward but needed to know my stuff and demonstrate experience and analysis. Best to prep with some generic case study examples.
3 round is to be a 10 min presentation with 50 min QA but will include questions re CV and experience.

So far the people have been really nice and helpful.

Interview Question – mostly technical so if you know your stuff you should be fine.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details 2 stage interview. 1st w Senior Manager, 2nd w Director

Interview Question – - Example of showing leadership   Answer Question

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details Had a telephone interview as first stage which was quite a general chat about experience to date, why EY, scenario about how to infuence people etc.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

London, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at EY in January 2011.

Interview Details Referred by a current employee for a role. EY invited me for the Assessment Centre for a case study interview and a group exercise followed by a group presentation. The firm is extremely friendly and people seemed very nice and polite. Neither the case study nor the group exercise was complicated. Something I could have probably done equally well without any preparation.

Since my experience did not match that required for this exeperienced position, EY decided not to take my case forward, which was a real shame as could simply said that ahead of the invitation. They had my CV!!!

Interview Question – Take me through your CV.   Answer Question

City of London, England

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY in July 2010.

Interview Details In total there were 4 rounds.
R1. Telephonic: CV based, Competency based, partly technical (75 minutes) by Senior Manager
R2. Case Study: A business case discussion and you are expected to logically solve business problems and come up with recommendations. There is also a hint of further technical interview for the job applied at the end. (90 minutes) by Senior Manager
R3. Partner: Presentation to a Partner on a chosen project and general discussion about career ambitions and what EY has to offer. (60 minutes)
R4. Stress test: This was probably I was not from consulting background. I was given numerous situations to think on feet and come up with the optimum solutions at the spot. (30 minutes) by Partner.

Interview Questions

• What's the total number of neuro surgeons in Britain?   View Answer
  • Draw a geometric figure with 7 dots and minimum number of stratight lines and calculate the base (approximation acceptable)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I had an offer from Accenture for a similar profile so yes I was in solid position to negotiate a fairly decent deal.

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details Telephonic interview + minimum 2 layers of management discussion (including Partner) + HR discussion. Interview process took over 5 weeks. At least one interview needs to be a face to face discussion

Interview Question – How do we know you will stick with EY?   Answer Question

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details HR Interview followed by two rounds of technical interview. Taken by panel of about 6 people. Very tough to crack. One of the most difficult interviews. But can be cracked if well prepared.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourseld   View Answer

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at EY in January 2014.

Interview Details The recruiter contacted me through email that he found my resume online in December 2013. Informed me that the whole process will take about two months and offers will role out in Feb 2014. After interviewing twice on 26th January 2014 and 26th February 2014 (after two re-schedules because the Senior Manager was busy with client). I followed up with the recruiter and he informed he will get back to me within a week. However, no response was received for 1.5 months even after my repeated emails. On 10th April 2014, I got an email that I was not selected because of a particular experience background that they needed. The process was great but I expected a swift response because it wasted a lot of my job search time.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult. Mostly technical and behavioral questions from my resume. A brief case was also asked which was easy to crack   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2011.

Interview Details Mostly behavioral questions and probing questions about your background. Case interviews are only for new hires, but experienced hires don't get any cases. First round was a phone screening interview with the recruiter, second round was a phone screening with HR, and the final round was on site and was 4 - 45 minute sessions with senior managers and partners.

Interview Question – None that stood out, but they like to ask you to explain your actions a lot in so much detail that you can't go any further.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was non-existent.

Senior Consultant

I applied through another source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Classical interview process: HR first, then 2 rounds with Senior Manager with business cases and finally one short interview with the Practice leader if everything fits in. At least 2 business cases to resolve with 5 to 10 minutes preapration before the interview.

Interview Question – What are your 3 weakenesses   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Almost no negociation because they were not open to it.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!