EY

Updated 11 Jan 2015
Updated 11 Jan 2015

92 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

interviewed at EY in December 2013.

3 round process.
I completed 2 rounds and am preparing for the 3rd round interview, which is with a Director.
1 round interview was a telephone interview, about 20 min. Straight forward questions about projects and to test technical know how.
2 round was a case - 2 page case about a company and it's current situation. Given 30 min to analyse, then had to answer questions from an EY manager. Again straight forward but needed to know my stuff and demonstrate experience and analysis. Best to prep with some generic case study examples.
3 round is to be a 10 min presentation with 50 min QA but will include questions re CV and experience.

So far the people have been really nice and helpful.

Interview Questions
  • mostly technical so if you know your stuff you should be fine.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EY.

2 stage interview. 1st w Senior Manager, 2nd w Director

Senior Consultant Interview

Had a telephone interview as first stage which was quite a general chat about experience to date, why EY, scenario about how to infuence people etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at EY in January 2011.

Referred by a current employee for a role. EY invited me for the Assessment Centre for a case study interview and a group exercise followed by a group presentation. The firm is extremely friendly and people seemed very nice and polite. Neither the case study nor the group exercise was complicated. Something I could have probably done equally well without any preparation.

Since my experience did not match that required for this exeperienced position, EY decided not to take my case forward, which was a real shame as could simply said that ahead of the invitation. They had my CV!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY in July 2010.

In total there were 4 rounds.
    R1. Telephonic: CV based, Competency based, partly technical (75 minutes) by Senior Manager
    R2. Case Study: A business case discussion and you are expected to logically solve business problems and come up with recommendations. There is also a hint of further technical interview for the job applied at the end. (90 minutes) by Senior Manager
    R3. Partner: Presentation to a Partner on a chosen project and general discussion about career ambitions and what EY has to offer. (60 minutes)
    R4. Stress test: This was probably I was not from consulting background. I was given numerous situations to think on feet and come up with the optimum solutions at the spot. (30 minutes) by Partner.

Interview Questions
    • What's the total number of neuro surgeons in Britain?   View Answer
    • Draw a geometric figure with 7 dots and minimum number of stratight lines and calculate the base (approximation acceptable)   View Answer
    I had an offer from Accenture for a similar profile so yes I was in solid position to negotiate a fairly decent deal.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at EY.

Hiring process was fast and recruiter was available to contact and talk for any questions.
    First round with Senior Manager.
    then 4 face o face technical interviews with Senior managers.
    Last interview with partner.
    After that phone interview with HR to discuss the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was mostly behavioral. No difficult questions asked.   Answer Question
    they do not negotiate.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Got an on campus interview then a super day which lasted half a day at the New York office. Super day had a writing section, couple of behavior interviews and a case interview. The process was not too bad

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

First round-phone interview, then interviewed by one manager and one partner in the super day. In general, I was asked by behavior questions. The questions are similar to other Big four or consulting firm questions.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

It took few weeks to get an interview. I had it with the two managers of the department. I did not have the impression that the two managers were well prepared and were not really interested in me as a person. It was a very technical interview and they mainly wanted to know what I like about their company. After that, they started with brainteaser.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY.

EY flew me in to meet the FSO practice I was interviewing for. They had several group introductions with Senior Managers and Partners. I interviewed with 4 people; an internal recruiter from HR, a manager, senior manager, and a partner/principal. They asked basic questions like, "Walk me through your resume," "Tell me about yourself," "Why consulting or what experience do you have in consulting or client services." All of the interviews were friendly and conversational.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I had ever worked for someone younger than me and how would I handle working for someone younger than me.   Answer Question