EY Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated 13 Apr 2015
Updated 13 Apr 2015

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

interviewed at EY in December 2013.

Interview

3 round process.
I completed 2 rounds and am preparing for the 3rd round interview, which is with a Director.
1 round interview was a telephone interview, about 20 min. Straight forward questions about projects and to test technical know how.
2 round was a case - 2 page case about a company and it's current situation. Given 30 min to analyse, then had to answer questions from an EY manager. Again straight forward but needed to know my stuff and demonstrate experience and analysis. Best to prep with some generic case study examples.
3 round is to be a 10 min presentation with 50 min QA but will include questions re CV and experience.

So far the people have been really nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• mostly technical so if you know your stuff you should be fine.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview

2 stage interview. 1st w Senior Manager, 2nd w Director

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Had a telephone interview as first stage which was quite a general chat about experience to date, why EY, scenario about how to infuence people etc.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (London, England) in March 2011.

Interview

1 telephonic with some standard and some technical questions with a Serior Manager. Then more detailed with another SM . Final round with Partner. Financial services knowledge and current technology trends knowledge is important.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at EY (London, England) in January 2011.

Interview

Referred by a current employee for a role. EY invited me for the Assessment Centre for a case study interview and a group exercise followed by a group presentation. The firm is extremely friendly and people seemed very nice and polite. Neither the case study nor the group exercise was complicated. Something I could have probably done equally well without any preparation.

Since my experience did not match that required for this exeperienced position, EY decided not to take my case forward, which was a real shame as could simply said that ahead of the invitation. They had my CV!!!

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY (City of London, England) in July 2010.

Interview

In total there were 4 rounds.
    R1. Telephonic: CV based, Competency based, partly technical (75 minutes) by Senior Manager
    R2. Case Study: A business case discussion and you are expected to logically solve business problems and come up with recommendations. There is also a hint of further technical interview for the job applied at the end. (90 minutes) by Senior Manager
    R3. Partner: Presentation to a Partner on a chosen project and general discussion about career ambitions and what EY has to offer. (60 minutes)
    R4. Stress test: This was probably I was not from consulting background. I was given numerous situations to think on feet and come up with the optimum solutions at the spot. (30 minutes) by Partner.

Interview Questions

• What's the total number of neuro surgeons in Britain?   1 Answer
    • Draw a geometric figure with 7 dots and minimum number of stratight lines and calculate the base (approximation acceptable)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had an offer from Accenture for a similar profile so yes I was in solid position to negotiate a fairly decent deal.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EY (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Two-staged interview after the initial phone interview with the recruiter. First was a part behavioural/discussion type PLUS part case study interview, the second was a behavioural interview with a partner.

Interview Questions

• The behavioural interview with partner was very challenging.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in March 2015.

Interview

The recruitment process was quite prolonged but they kept in good contact during the process. All administration was handled by a single point of contact, which made it very easy to follow and you knew who to contact with questions. All interviewers I met with were very kind and professional and felt like unexpectedly warm persons that were very down-to-earth and relaxed.
    Only negative experience was that I was asked to do a guesstimate, which feels strange as a senior hire.

Interview Questions

• If you got hired and you and me sat here together in 3 years time and your were very dissatisfied with how these 3 years would have gone; can you describe what happened and how they were?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. I interviewed for the position at Enterprise Intelligence within the Financial Services Office, New York. The first round was phone interview with a senior manager. It was pretty straight forward and pleasant. More of conversational, went on for half an hour. I was then shortlisted to appear for their in person interview round called EY SUPERDAY in New York. The interview started at 10:30 am and ended 12:30 pm. There were 4 in person interviews for 30 mins each - 2 managers, 1 Senior Manager and 1 Recruiter. All of them were mostly behavioral and situation based - tell us about your experience, why EY, how would you handle a difficult boss, how do you work in teams etc. Overall, the experience was pleasant and I was satisfied the way I performed.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

1st interview is with an EY HR representative over the phone. About 10-15 mins where they ask why you want to join EY and why you are leaving your current firm.
    Then another phone interview by Senior Manager on team that you will be working on. This lasts approximately 45 mins. Most of the questions are behavioral and also walking through them your resume.
    Then you come in for a super day. Four interviews are done by different Senior Managers on team. They are about 30 minutes each. The super day lasts half a day at the EY offices.