EY

Getting the Interview

75 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant

I interviewed at EY in December 2013.

Interview Details 3 round process.
I completed 2 rounds and am preparing for the 3rd round interview, which is with a Director.
1 round interview was a telephone interview, about 20 min. Straight forward questions about projects and to test technical know how.
2 round was a case - 2 page case about a company and it's current situation. Given 30 min to analyse, then had to answer questions from an EY manager. Again straight forward but needed to know my stuff and demonstrate experience and analysis. Best to prep with some generic case study examples.
3 round is to be a 10 min presentation with 50 min QA but will include questions re CV and experience.

So far the people have been really nice and helpful.

Interview Question – mostly technical so if you know your stuff you should be fine.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details 2 stage interview. 1st w Senior Manager, 2nd w Director

Interview Question – - Example of showing leadership   Answer Question

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details Had a telephone interview as first stage which was quite a general chat about experience to date, why EY, scenario about how to infuence people etc.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

London, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at EY in January 2011.

Interview Details Referred by a current employee for a role. EY invited me for the Assessment Centre for a case study interview and a group exercise followed by a group presentation. The firm is extremely friendly and people seemed very nice and polite. Neither the case study nor the group exercise was complicated. Something I could have probably done equally well without any preparation.

Since my experience did not match that required for this exeperienced position, EY decided not to take my case forward, which was a real shame as could simply said that ahead of the invitation. They had my CV!!!

Interview Question – Take me through your CV.   Answer Question

City of London, England

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY in July 2010.

Interview Details In total there were 4 rounds.
R1. Telephonic: CV based, Competency based, partly technical (75 minutes) by Senior Manager
R2. Case Study: A business case discussion and you are expected to logically solve business problems and come up with recommendations. There is also a hint of further technical interview for the job applied at the end. (90 minutes) by Senior Manager
R3. Partner: Presentation to a Partner on a chosen project and general discussion about career ambitions and what EY has to offer. (60 minutes)
R4. Stress test: This was probably I was not from consulting background. I was given numerous situations to think on feet and come up with the optimum solutions at the spot. (30 minutes) by Partner.

Interview Questions

• What's the total number of neuro surgeons in Britain?   View Answer
  • Draw a geometric figure with 7 dots and minimum number of stratight lines and calculate the base (approximation acceptable)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I had an offer from Accenture for a similar profile so yes I was in solid position to negotiate a fairly decent deal.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Very smooth

Interview Question – Technical question   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – There are 5 bands in Senior Consultant. They offered Senior 3 for 9 years experience

Senior Consultant

I interviewed at EY in January 2014.

Interview Details 3 rounds of interviews followed by a discussion with the partner !

Interview Question – Was asked to answer a scenario based question where I was supposed to convince a CXO about EY's proposal !   Answer Question

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details Process started with a pre-screening interview with an HR staff. He was very straight to the point, not too welcoming, nothing too appealing, actually almost uninviting. It left me wondering how's the culture in EY.
During this 10 minute screening interview, I was asked when I graduate ( which is on my CV), when I'm available to start working, what's my major (again on my CV), what I did before the Masters (on my CV), and the worst part "what's your salary expectations".
He couldn't explain the interview process further. But simply said "we will get back to you in 2 weeks, and you then interview other people" !! that's it! Some people said they gave them case interviews, others said they didn't. So the hiring process is not that clear I guess!

Interview Question – What's your salary expectations? ( during a pre-screening interview!)   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details I was hired through campus recruting. This included 2 rounds of interviewing. The first round was a 45 minute behavioral interview with a brief case study. The second round had two 45 minute behavioral interviews, one 45 minute verbal case study, and one 45 minute written case study. They had breakfast a interview day liason, and they took us out to lunch during the interview.

Interview Question – You have three sentances: Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not much room for negotiation, but I was able to get a relocation bonus out of the deal.

Rome (Italy)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details 3 round interviews. First round group interview with a logic test. Second round with the HR. Final round with a Senior Manager / Partner discussing a business case

Interview Question – Estimate the market size of watches in your country   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Senior Consultant interview questions and advice. All 75 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.