EY

Updated 8 Nov 2014
Updated 8 Nov 2014

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

1st round was communication round 'pick n speak'. Pick a topic & speak for 1 min.
2nd apti- In that 1 email writing followed by aptitude test consisting of three sections Finance+apti, Logical Reasoning & Verbal ability. Each section consist of 20 Qs total 70 mins test. 1st you will be given Email writing for 10 mins, then finance+ Apti Qs. for 20 mins, Then LR & VA. After every 20 mins HR will take 1 section Qs. & gives Qs. for next section.
3rd -HR round just a casual talk about yourself
4th- The most trickiest round Technical round. Be prepare with everything you have read from PUC till your masters. from gross profit, credit rating, income statement, derivatives & swaps. every thing u have studied in finance & accounts.
5th- Interview with manager thats easy just normal talk about your goals, why EY why Tax?

Interview Questions
  • on Credit rating, entries from trading a/c to B/S, Derivatives, Swaps & its process, Debentures bond What is YTM ? & Factoring etc   View Answers (3)
For freshers its 3lpa. Cant negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source – interviewed at EY in October 2014.

I went for d walk-in interview for Tax Analyst position at Bangalore,India.The process includes GD/Public speaking ,apti test,hr and technical round.In the first round i.e public speaking ,there were 4 topics,one should choose anyone of d same & speak about that for 2mins.This is mainly to check the communication skills of the candidate and I cleared this one. Next round is the apti test which includes 1.email writing 2.accounting 3.maths & logical 4.English. Each section was limited by time.Apti round was full of technical question.Unfortunately,i couldn't clear this round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in September 2014.

I applied through a placement agency.

The initial process included public speaking which was to test your communication skills and on spot thinking, followed by letter writing and MCQ questions which were used to test the accounting knowledge, english analytical skills and basic mathematical problem solving.

I was shortlisted and the next level is scheduled in a month.

Interview Questions
    • Too many questions on journal entries. Brush up accounting skills if you need to.   Answer Question
    Don't negotiate if you are a fresher.

Tax Analyst Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at EY.

4 rounds of interview...its free speech, aptitude test , hr and technical....i cleared 2 rounds and waiting for call

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in January 2014.

Step One of the Hiring Process entailed an Aptitude Test, which tested us on the grounds of Verbal ability, Quantitative Ability, Data & Logical Reasoning and MS Excel.

The shortlisted candidates had a one-on-one interview with the HR Personnel.

Furthermore, the Assurance candidates were subject to a round of Group Discussion, followed by two interviews.

However, the Tax candidates had only two rounds of interviews that followed. These interviews included certain technical questions, HR questions, and situation-based questions. It was concluded with a small case-study like problem.

Interview Questions
    • The situation based questions were a first for me. But they went quite smoothly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in December 2013.

Started with an orientation followed by a test on E mail drafting and then an aptitude test consisting of various modules such as Accounting Logical and Numerical Ability Microsoft Excel basics English. After the test there was a HR Interview followed by a technical Interview

Interview Questions
    • HR Interview was very General Tell me about yourself and general discussion
      Technical Interview: Basics of accounting Journal, Depreciation entry, How to arrive at gross profit, what is working capital management how to find it out
        Answer Question
    No negotiations for fresher

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in December 2013.

The first round was written test (Accounting Basics, Analytical Abilities, MS Excel, Verbal Abilities) and the 2nd round was HR round (general questions). 3rd round is yet to happen which is the technical round (Tax questions)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2013.

Had 4 rounds overall; Group Discussion, Aptitude Test, HR, Technical.
    GD and Aptitude Test were standard, nothing out of the ordinary. HR & Technical; make sure you know your CV inside out. Nothing difficult as such, just be confident and cheerful, the HR is there to help u out. Very friendly experience overall. :)

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult as such. Unexpected question was most favorite subject during course of study.   View Answer
    A bit of leeway on the negotiation provided u have experience or qualifications higher than a degree.

Tax Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EY.

Round 1 - 4 topics were given, we need to talk on any topic for a min
    Round 2 - writing a E mail on a sheet of paper.
    Round 3 - Aptitude online test (80 marks )
    Round 4 - H R round
    Round 5 - yet to happen

Tax Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

I had written test, HR round, one technical round and last round with Manager.