EY

Getting the Interview

22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Analyst Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details 4 rounds of interview...its free speech, aptitude test , hr and technical....i cleared 2 rounds and waiting for call

Interview Question – brush up your basics in finance and accounting   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in January 2014.

Interview Details Step One of the Hiring Process entailed an Aptitude Test, which tested us on the grounds of Verbal ability, Quantitative Ability, Data & Logical Reasoning and MS Excel.

The shortlisted candidates had a one-on-one interview with the HR Personnel.

Furthermore, the Assurance candidates were subject to a round of Group Discussion, followed by two interviews.

However, the Tax candidates had only two rounds of interviews that followed. These interviews included certain technical questions, HR questions, and situation-based questions. It was concluded with a small case-study like problem.

Interview Question – The situation based questions were a first for me. But they went quite smoothly.   Answer Question

Chennai (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in December 2013.

Interview Details Started with an orientation followed by a test on E mail drafting and then an aptitude test consisting of various modules such as Accounting Logical and Numerical Ability Microsoft Excel basics English. After the test there was a HR Interview followed by a technical Interview

Interview Question – HR Interview was very General Tell me about yourself and general discussion
Technical Interview: Basics of accounting Journal, Depreciation entry, How to arrive at gross profit, what is working capital management how to find it out
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations for fresher

Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in December 2013.

Interview Details The first round was written test (Accounting Basics, Analytical Abilities, MS Excel, Verbal Abilities) and the 2nd round was HR round (general questions). 3rd round is yet to happen which is the technical round (Tax questions)

Interview Question – Analytical questions were a little tricky.   View Answers (3)

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Interview Details Had 4 rounds overall; Group Discussion, Aptitude Test, HR, Technical.
GD and Aptitude Test were standard, nothing out of the ordinary. HR & Technical; make sure you know your CV inside out. Nothing difficult as such, just be confident and cheerful, the HR is there to help u out. Very friendly experience overall. :)

Interview Question – Nothing difficult as such. Unexpected question was most favorite subject during course of study.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – A bit of leeway on the negotiation provided u have experience or qualifications higher than a degree.

Tax Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details .
Round 1 - 4 topics were given, we need to talk on any topic for a min
Round 2 - writing a E mail on a sheet of paper.
Round 3 - Aptitude online test (80 marks )
Round 4 - H R round
Round 5 - yet to happen

Interview Question – HR round- golden rules of accounting   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at EY in January 2009.

Interview Details It was very organized. Five rounds of interviews .Aptitude test,HR ,Technical Questions on accounting knowledge,technical and Managerial and followed by a HR round .

Interview Question – Accounting basics- golden rule of accountion .Examples of personal,real and nominal account .Depreciation & gain /loss on disposition of assets .   Answer Question

Tax Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details I had written test, HR round, one technical round and last round with Manager.

Interview Question – Question was pretty tricky in accounting section   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person - interviewed at EY in August 2011.

Interview Details around 6 rounds of interview,including written tes

Interview Question – questions mostly related to accounts and finance. your educational background, why tax?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation for freshers

Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in February 2010.

Interview Details Aptitude round, followed by HR, third will be the technical and last interview with manager

Interview Question – Technical interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – since i was doing my graduation i accepted the offer of 15000

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Tax Analyst interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.