EY

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview Details Started as an intern through on campus recruiting.

Interview Question – Normal interview questions, nothing specific that was difficult. A lot of team building/leadership questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in November 2010.

Interview Details Call from HR Recruiter for an interview at the NY Office. The interview consisted of a meeting with like 20 applicants and the Manager of HR Department explaining how the process would be. After the meeting we got assigned a Tax Senior Employee who was going to bring each applicant to the office of the interviewer, was a 1:1 with a PArtner and a Senior Manager, ending the day with a lunch in a local restaurant.

Interview Question – A lot of technical Questions regarding Tax Issues. A bit difficult considering the entry level position.   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details Applied for interview through On-Campus Recruiting. First round was one interview on campus with a partner from the tax practice. Partner spoke a majority of the time about himself. Asked 2 simple questions. Tell me about yourself and why accounting/tax. Interview took place at the end of Sept and took bout 4 weeks to hear back.

Round 2 consisted of 2 interviews at their office. Met with a senior manager and partner. Interview with partner was more laid back and more conversational rather then question after question. Interview with senior manager was a bit more intense because he seemed to be one of those guys who takes everything too serious. Majority of questions were asked based off a past internship I had. This interview took place mid Nov and got my offer 6 days after my interview.

Interview Questions

New York, NY (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in February 2010.

Interview Details I initially had a phone interview with a recruiter and was then invited for an in-office visit. At the in-office interview all candidates for different positions were placed in a conference room and given some light breakfast and was given an overview of the firm. Then I had interviews with 3 different Tax professionals, I believe there was a partner, director and or manager.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for E&Y?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Tax Staff interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.