EY Transaction Advisory Services Senior Interview Questions

3.1

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at EY in January 2011.

Internal move from audit to Transaction Advisory Services (Transaction Support).

Assessment day with a case study. 45 minutes to prepare followed by 45 minutes interview. Interview is based on the case study, industry knowledge as well as previous job experience. Interviewers will be a Partner and a Senior Manager. Very friendly atmosphere but expect to be grilled on the case study and interview knowledge. Most important questions were why do you want that job and why should we hire you.

Interview Questions
  • What would make a potential buyer of a company worried about the defined benefit pension liability of the target from a cash flow perspective?   View Answer
No scope for much negotiation as the move was internal, from audit to TAS

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Transaction Advisory Services Senior Interview

Interviewed with several people over the course of 4 months. Usually the interviews were one on one. I visited the office 2 times during the interview process and had one phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • - technical questions on the relationships between the different financial statements.
      - questions on risk assessment
        Answer Question
    I had very little room for negotiations

Transaction Advisory Services Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at EY in April 2014.

Started with email contact and then phone interview. I was then brought in to do an in person interview with two managers and two senior managers. Was an easy process and my skill set fit their needs so worked for both sides

Interview Questions
    Phone negotiation and were willing to go up a little but not much

Transaction Advisory Services Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

It begins with an Excel test. basic as well as some important excel formulas are asked like Vlookup,calculating sales, percentage, sum etc. If selected, this is followed by an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Vlookup. not an important part of MBA (IT subject) course.   Answer Question

Transaction Advisory Services Senior Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at EY.

First interview: Phone call, went through my background, and experiences, some technical questions on Transactions
    Second interview: Case Study, the an hour and half of questions on the answers you provided to the case study
    Third interview: partner interview, pretty much fitting and looking if you fit within the team

Interview Questions
    No room. They studied the market pretty well.

Transaction Advisory Services Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in July 2013.

Met with a member of the team I was targeting. That person referred me to an open position. I got screened by the recruiter and then I had four rounds of interviews. They asked me some technical questions but the interviews were mostly fit. Conversational. Process was too long although I am told it differs from service line to another.

Transaction Advisory Services Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY.

Applied through the college recruitment website. It was a 1 on 1 interview. Lasted 30 minutes. First 10 to 15 minutes were behavioral questions, which was easy. then the last 15 minutes was a case question. be prepared

Transaction Advisory Services Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at EY.

Submitted resume through Indeed.com, but took 2 months to hear anything. Once initiated, went through 2 phone interviews based entirely on fit, followed by 2 in-office interviews. None of the questions were particularly challenging, but looked to match my experiences with the job at hand. Met one Manager, a Senior Manager, and two Partners.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in Transaction Advisory Services? As stated above, none of the questions were overwhelmingly challenging.   Answer Question
    Wasn't any room for negotiation and I admittedly had zero leverage. They had researched pay grades based on years of experience and level which they stuck to.

Transaction Advisory Services Senior Interview

First-round. Had a 30 min conversation with a senior manager.
    Walked through resume and did a back-of-envelope case.

Transaction Advisory Services Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in September 2012.

Submitted application through school, got the interview in a few days.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the course you have learned. What is factor analysis?   Answer Question

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!