Earth Fare

Very Difficult Interview

Dairy Buyer Interview

Dairy Buyer
Carmel, IN (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Earth Fare in May 2014.

Interview Details I was told I had the job, but they said legally they had to post it first. My store manager said I didn't even need to apply. I started training for the position for about 3 weeks and then randomly one of the cashiers asked me what I thought about the new dairy buyer's "white power" tattoos. I first asked why they hired somebody with racist tattoos, they said that as long as they stay coverd up and he works hard , they don't care. Secondly I asked why I was told i had the spot, and why did they hire somebody else, they said I didn't apply for it on the team member site and denied telling me not to and said that I didn't sign anything. Wow.

Interview Questions

Retail Applications Specialist Interview

Retail Applications Specialist

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Earth Fare.

Interview Details The interview process was one of the best experiences I have ever experienced in the corporate arena. The two directors were warm, friendly, and well versed in their communication with me. I found the entire process to be non-intimidating and conversational.

I knew immediately that I wanted to work for the company and more specifically these two directors.

Interview Question – Earth Fare conducts a personality survey through an online survey. This thing was the most bizarre questionnaire I've EVER encountered.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation with Earth Fare was not an option. They have a specific salary cap in place and can not go over it.

Hourly Employee Interview

Hourly Employee

Interviewed at Earth Fare

Interview Details Very casual. I sent in my Resume and weeks later was called in about an interview. At the interview I was greeted by the Store manager and asked to fill out an application, then I was asked a few questions. After the Interview, weeks later, I was called.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here, how do you feel you will fit?   Answer Question

Community Relations Coordinator Interview

Community Relations Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Earth Fare.

Interview Details Submitted resume via website. Was contacted about 2 weeks later for a face to face interview.
Met with store manager and crc manager. Said I should hear something back in 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Walk me through your resume.
Tell me about yourself.
Tell me about an event that you put together.
Tell me about some ideas that you have for marketing/events.
What do you know about our company?
What questions do you have for us?
  View Answer

Food Service Interview

Food Service
Tallahassee, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Earth Fare in March 2012.

Interview Details Put in an application, and within a few days, received a call for an interview. I was pretty much offered an interview because a friend of mine who worked there referred me (that's basically how everyone gets a job there. They know someone.). Interview process was informal. Food service manager took one look at my application, knew who I was based on the info provided to her by my friend, and she offered me a job that day. No questions.

Interview Question – I was not asked any questions. If you know someone who works there, you basically have the job. Their turnover is too high. They have to accept pretty much everyone who applies.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can't negotiate. They don't value education or experience. If you have a Ph.D., you'll be making minimum wage like the employee without a high school diploma.

Front End Manager Interview

Front End Manager
Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Earth Fare in January 2012.

Interview Details I had an initial "interview" with the Store Manager. He asked me 3 questions, and then proceeded to tell me what my expectations/duties would be. It lasted about 45 min.s of mainly him talking. I was then told I would get a phone call from a recruiter. He asked me a couple of questions that I expected, and that was that. I was then told I would receive a call from the front end specialist. I spoke with her and another lady. They asked me about 3 questions as well, and we then laughed through the rest of it getting to know each other. I was then called at 9 am that Friday asking if I could be there at 11am for an interview with the dm. I said I would try to make it as the drive was a bit far and I had not really gotten up yet. I was told to wear jeans, not a dress like my initial interview with the store manager. I arrived early and then waited for an hour as the dm was running late. The dm, the sm, and I sat and chatted really for about 2 hours-it wasn't really an interview. I was called that afternoon with a job offer.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions as there were not that many questions to begin with in all of that "interviewing".   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiations went well, but what we negotiated did not pan out upon being hired as far as hours, days, flexibility, etc.

Meat Cutter Interview

Meat Cutter

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Earth Fare.

Interview Details Hired on the spot during job fair for opening. Just came off of a 2 year apprenticeship.

Interview Question – wasnt hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – was 40 hours, with possibility to move up.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Huntsville, AL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Earth Fare.

Interview Details The interview was held in the public cafe area of the store. Nothing unexpected. A few scenario questions.

Interview Question – Unexpected....How do you feel about greeting each customer?   Answer Question

Assistant Food Service Manager Interview

Assistant Food Service Manager

Interviewed at Earth Fare

Interview Details The hiring process and interview was quite pleasant. What I didn't know about the company
beforehand, was how ruthless they were. The interviewer acted very happy but found out
later, it was just a show. Discussed the hours and I was told you never get over 8 hours daily.

Interview Question – Can you work straight for 23 hours?   Answer Question

Wellness Clerk Interview

Wellness Clerk
Carmel, IN (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Earth Fare in May 2013.

Interview Details I learned of the Job Fair from a friend. The Job Fair was held at hotel in Carmel, IN. You walk in and the person greeting each applicant, was warm and friendly. Each person is asked, ' how did you hear about the company?" Next you indicate on a sign-in sheet: your name, email address, phone number, zip code and how you heard about the company. You are then escorted to an area to complete a four-paged application. Once that is completed you're directed to a lap top to complete The Athena Quotient (AQ) Personality Test Assessment. This test takes approximately 15-20 minutes. The process was very organized and efficient. Next is the interview process which lasted approximately 12-15 minutes. After the interview I was given a form letter thanking me for applying and on the backside indicating that if I was being considered for employment the documents I would need to present. Upon receiving that letter I was given a warm handshake and left the interview.

Interview Question – Are you willing to work part-time?   View Answer

Worked for Earth Fare? Contribute to the Community!