Earth Fare Interview Questions

Updated 22 Mar 2015

2.4

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Earth Fare (Auburn, AL (US)).

Interview

Very informal. Basically, if you're at the interview you pretty much have the job. I've seen people come in basically their pajamas ( or what looks like it ) and still get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Earth Fare (Kalamazoo, MI (US)).

Interview

It was new store opening and they were doing open interviews. First you fill out a app, then a simple personality test, and then a interview. In this case they called me back within a day.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic common interview questions, while they do seem to care about experience, they mostly want to see if your friendly, smile, and have great customer service.   1 Answer

Food Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Earth Fare.

Interview

I called them 3 times before someone would talk to me. It took roughly two weeks to get an interview, where the manager basically told me it's borderline impossible to get fired from there. It sounded like a great thing to hear at first, but it's insanely frustrating when you're the only person that consistently shows up. Anyway, they make you go through two different interviews before you're officially hired, and the interviews are pretty easy. One interview is with the head of your department, and the other is with the store manager. You only get offered a position if both happen to like you. Just smile, be social, and have a tattoo, or something.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They asked what I thought would be fair, I told them, and they gave me $.50 less than that number.

Kitchen Prep Staff Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Earth Fare.

Interview

Earth Fare requires that you first check online for job availability, fill out the application, print it out, and bring it into the store. For me, this was a nice change of pace to the routine online job applications of which I had been filling out dozens. When I went into the store to turn in the application, the fellow at the customer service desk was friendly and delivered my application straight to the manager. Because they were currently taking on many new positions and had been interviewing candidates all day, the two managers decided to immediately interview me. They were friendly and kind, and seemed to care about what I was saying. Ultimately I was called back within an hour and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite recipe? What is your favorite product in the store?   Answer Question

Meat Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Earth Fare (Atlanta, GA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

The company isn't willing to place you in a position based on your work experience, they want you to take a position a lot lower. This company is only looking for soldiers. You can't be a person who can think.

Dairy Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN (US)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Earth Fare (Carmel, IN (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

I was told I had the job, but they said legally they had to post it first. My store manager said I didn't even need to apply. I started training for the position for about 3 weeks and then randomly one of the cashiers asked me what I thought about the new dairy buyer's "white power" tattoos. I first asked why they hired somebody with racist tattoos, they said that as long as they stay coverd up and he works hard , they don't care. Secondly I asked why I was told i had the spot, and why did they hire somebody else, they said I didn't apply for it on the team member site and denied telling me not to and said that I didn't sign anything. Wow.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable going along with procedures that you don't agree with?   Answer Question
    • Are you alright with working 10 or more hours off the clock?   Answer Question
    • What happens in the office stays in the office. Right?   Answer Question

Retail Applications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Earth Fare.

Interview

The interview process was one of the best experiences I have ever experienced in the corporate arena. The two directors were warm, friendly, and well versed in their communication with me. I found the entire process to be non-intimidating and conversational.

I knew immediately that I wanted to work for the company and more specifically these two directors.

Interview Questions

• Earth Fare conducts a personality survey through an online survey. This thing was the most bizarre questionnaire I've EVER encountered.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation with Earth Fare was not an option. They have a specific salary cap in place and can not go over it.

Hourly Employee Interview

Interview

Very casual. I sent in my Resume and weeks later was called in about an interview. At the interview I was greeted by the Store manager and asked to fill out an application, then I was asked a few questions. After the Interview, weeks later, I was called.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here, how do you feel you will fit?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Earth Fare.

Interview

Submitted resume via website. Was contacted about 2 weeks later for a face to face interview.
    Met with store manager and crc manager. Said I should hear something back in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about an event that you put together.
      Tell me about some ideas that you have for marketing/events.
      What do you know about our company?
      What questions do you have for us?

1 Answer

Meat Cutter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Earth Fare.

Interview

Hired on the spot during job fair for opening. Just came off of a 2 year apprenticeship.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was 40 hours, with possibility to move up.