Earth Fare

Updated 5 Nov 2014
Updated 5 Nov 2014

2.4

Kitchen Prep Staff Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Earth Fare.

Earth Fare requires that you first check online for job availability, fill out the application, print it out, and bring it into the store. For me, this was a nice change of pace to the routine online job applications of which I had been filling out dozens. When I went into the store to turn in the application, the fellow at the customer service desk was friendly and delivered my application straight to the manager. Because they were currently taking on many new positions and had been interviewing candidates all day, the two managers decided to immediately interview me. They were friendly and kind, and seemed to care about what I was saying. Ultimately I was called back within an hour and was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite recipe? What is your favorite product in the store?   Answer Question

Dairy Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Earth Fare in May 2014.

I was told I had the job, but they said legally they had to post it first. My store manager said I didn't even need to apply. I started training for the position for about 3 weeks and then randomly one of the cashiers asked me what I thought about the new dairy buyer's "white power" tattoos. I first asked why they hired somebody with racist tattoos, they said that as long as they stay coverd up and he works hard , they don't care. Secondly I asked why I was told i had the spot, and why did they hire somebody else, they said I didn't apply for it on the team member site and denied telling me not to and said that I didn't sign anything. Wow.

Interview Questions
    • Do you feel comfortable going along with procedures that you don't agree with?   Answer Question
    • Are you alright with working 10 or more hours off the clock?   Answer Question
    • What happens in the office stays in the office. Right?   Answer Question

Retail Applications Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Earth Fare.

The interview process was one of the best experiences I have ever experienced in the corporate arena. The two directors were warm, friendly, and well versed in their communication with me. I found the entire process to be non-intimidating and conversational.

I knew immediately that I wanted to work for the company and more specifically these two directors.

Interview Questions
    • Earth Fare conducts a personality survey through an online survey. This thing was the most bizarre questionnaire I've EVER encountered.   Answer Question
    Negotiation with Earth Fare was not an option. They have a specific salary cap in place and can not go over it.

Hourly Employee Interview

Very casual. I sent in my Resume and weeks later was called in about an interview. At the interview I was greeted by the Store manager and asked to fill out an application, then I was asked a few questions. After the Interview, weeks later, I was called.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here, how do you feel you will fit?   Answer Question

Community Relations Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Earth Fare.

Submitted resume via website. Was contacted about 2 weeks later for a face to face interview.
    Met with store manager and crc manager. Said I should hear something back in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume.
      Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about an event that you put together.
      Tell me about some ideas that you have for marketing/events.
      What do you know about our company?
      What questions do you have for us?

View Answer

Meat Cutter Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Earth Fare.

Hired on the spot during job fair for opening. Just came off of a 2 year apprenticeship.

Interview Questions
    was 40 hours, with possibility to move up.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Earth Fare.

The interview was held in the public cafe area of the store. Nothing unexpected. A few scenario questions.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected....How do you feel about greeting each customer?   Answer Question

Assistant Food Service Manager Interview

The hiring process and interview was quite pleasant. What I didn't know about the company
    beforehand, was how ruthless they were. The interviewer acted very happy but found out
    later, it was just a show. Discussed the hours and I was told you never get over 8 hours daily.

Wellness Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Earth Fare in May 2013.

I learned of the Job Fair from a friend. The Job Fair was held at hotel in Carmel, IN. You walk in and the person greeting each applicant, was warm and friendly. Each person is asked, ' how did you hear about the company?" Next you indicate on a sign-in sheet: your name, email address, phone number, zip code and how you heard about the company. You are then escorted to an area to complete a four-paged application. Once that is completed you're directed to a lap top to complete The Athena Quotient (AQ) Personality Test Assessment. This test takes approximately 15-20 minutes. The process was very organized and efficient. Next is the interview process which lasted approximately 12-15 minutes. After the interview I was given a form letter thanking me for applying and on the backside indicating that if I was being considered for employment the documents I would need to present. Upon receiving that letter I was given a warm handshake and left the interview.

Produce Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Earth Fare.

Interviewed with store manager with immediate follow-up with district manager. The people of the company were fair and honest and treated others with respect.

Interview Questions
    Negotiate for a higher salary. This company pays below the industry norm.