Edward Jones

Updated 10 Dec 2014
Updated 10 Dec 2014

3.2

Internal Audit Interview

Applied online and got a phone interview with someone in the department lasting about 45 minutes consisting of general experience and behavioral questions such as "Tell me about a time when..."

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you put the needs of a team over the needs of yourself   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones.

Submitted resume. First interview via phone with Sr. Rectuiter. Second interview was a face to face interview with an FA. Was then asked to complete a business plan. Third interview was over the phone to discuss business plan and answer a series of questions related to my background. I am awaiting the Day In The Life office simulation.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

The hiring process was a very long and drawn out process, but after seeing what retention ratios are in the industry can see why they require it to be so long. It ended up taking me almost two months to go through the process, but what I really like was that employees would reach out to you and help you out along the way

Interview Questions
    • What experience in your past makes you good for helping a difficult client who has lost money in the market.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation on salary due to the program I qualified for.

On-Call Branch Office Administrator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

met personnel at recruiting event; emailed resume and why my qualifications at the time made me a great fit for the position; set up a phone interview; few weeks later went in for face to face with panel; came in for second round the following week; got offer contingent on completion of business plan; background check and HR took about another month for me to get hired

Interview Questions
    • What is the black scholes model equation and what are 3 assumptions of the model that make it ineffective in options trading   Answer Question

Better offer elsewhere

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

The worst part of the process was being "forced" to knock on doors in my neighborhood for five hours by gathering names and phone numbers of my contacts. I should have never agree to this since how do I know they simply used this to pass the list to a hired adviser? This is simply very unprofessional and potential candidates should request some type of compensation for this process that ONLY serves Edward Jones since the candidate is never compensated. I may report this to a state labor commission on the ethics of this part of the process.

To add to the distastefulness of this "activity", I waited two weeks for an answer on whether I was to move forward. Tired of waiting for an answer, I finally called the coordinator who informed me that I did not pass the "office simulation?" Office simulation After numerous years running my own successful sales office, they fail me on office simulation? Then I asked what answers or any reason for the failed result only to be given an answer, "I cannot tell you anything".

This is absolutely insane and I felt soooooo used! They just dragged me through the mud, got some names/phone numbers of my neighbors, then cannot tell me WHY I did not pass office simulation

What a joke!!! I thought this company prided itself on ethical and professional behavior. Does this sound like ethical and professional behavior?

Trust me, I'm highly qualified both in education, track record, and work background for this position, yet I was rejected on the basis of Office simulation?

The whole experience was a huge waste of my time and the experience painted a VERY immoral view of EJ. Never again!!!

Interview Questions
    • Office simulation? And they can't tell you what you need to improve? I believe this is quite wrong in every sense of the word.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

Phone and in person interviews, background check, business plan, job simulation, drug test etc. It was important to think ahead of time about my accomplishments and describe them in terms of how they made a difference, found new business and generated revenue/profits for my prior employers. This is especially important when you are changing careers, you have to be good at demonstrating how the things you learned and accomplished in a different field apply to the self-managing, 'think like a business owner' scenario of being a Financial Advisor.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked specifically how I would build my business because nothing is automatically given to a new FA, you have to create your own success and be willing to knock on doors.   View Answer
    There is a set salary from the beginning, and this comp plan for new hires has gotten better and better since the time I joined the firm.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Edward Jones.

I applied online and then received an email stating they would like to schedule a phone interview. I had to schedule it online. I had to schedule it four weeks down the line. I had the phone interview and it was very basic and was told I'd get a call back regarding the process.

Financial Advisor Interview

Applied online and was contacted for a brief phone interview. I passed that and was then sent a email inviting me to a non mandatory open house I unfortunately could not make it to that specific date and 1 hour time slot. I called to follow up and sent emails never heard a word back.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

I initially applied in January and first had contact with someone by phone. I then had another phone interview and then a face to face interview in the area where I would be located at with another financial advisor. I then had a computer related test "Day in the Life of a Financial Advisor" is what it was called. Very basic but this is where most people wash out at from what I've heard.

Interview Questions
    • Doing the computer related part of the interview is where most people wash out at.   Answer Question
    Wasn't really a negotiation phase. They offered a base salary plus commission and I was satisified with that.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Edward Jones.

I have my day in the life assessment in a couple of days. So far the process has been EXACTLY what they said it would. Everyone I've spoken with had been extremely nice and helpful. Even new FA's who don't even know me have taken their time to give me advice on the process.
    The questions they ask haven't been too difficult. What I've been told over and over and I really do believe is "just be yourself" and if it's meant to be it will happen.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time a goal was set for you and how you went about meeting that goal.   Answer Question