Egon Zehnder Interview Questions

Updated 18 Mar 2015
Updated 18 Mar 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

it was fun overall . The consultants were friendly and obviously focused on your past experiences. Be sure to know what you have learned from each experience . Got a good vibe from the company

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

First a behavioral interview that lasted about 40 minutes, then a situational interview where I went through the process of figuring out who to hire for a position. No group interview and each interview was with one analyst from Egon Zehnder. Total interview time was 1.5 hours and was held at my university.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about the process of finding someone for ____ position at _____ company.   Answer Question

Summer Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in March 2015.

The interview process consisted of a phone interview that last about 30 minutes which was mostly behavioral, an explanation of what the company does, your potential position as a summer analyst and some questions for the interviewer. The phone interview did not need any real preparation, just some careful thought about how you would answer some questions like "what did you do in this situation when someone challenged you?" etc etc. The in-person interview took place at my university, which was two 45 minute back to back interviews starting with a behavioral interview and then a case. The case wasn't too difficult, it was just more about showing your enthusiasm and potential to the interviewer. They were more interested in seeing your thought process more so than the responses you came up with. Overall, not too difficult of an interview process. Just be confident, personable, do some research on the company, and you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about researching filling a CFO position for Avon in North America? How do you handle situations where your superiors do not agree with your point of view? Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Summer Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in February 2015.

Spoke with representatives at university sponsored career fair, dropped off resume. Got an email around two weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was fairly informal, I had the chance to ask as many questions as I answered. Later that week got an email inviting me to an on-campus interview. On-campus interview consisted of two back-to back interviews. First was behavioral, where I answered and asked questions with two current Employees. Second interview was a case interview, modeling the executive search process with a few different stages.

Interview Questions
    • To fill the company's requirements for this role, what industries would you begin to search in?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in February 2015.

Healthy Interview process discussing about strengths, negatives and positives. Previous job skills were discussed. Also the shortcomings were asked. Where do you want to see yourself. The added skills were discussed and countered. Work culture was discussed. The role applied for was asked to describe and elaborate. Companies similar to the one applied for were shared.

Summer Consulting Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Egon Zehnder in January 2015.

30 minute phone interview screening. I talked with the head recruiter for my university. He asked basic fit questions. The interviewer was friendly, though a tad awkward on the phone; he also called about 15 minutes late. Presumably there would be a case interview after, but I never heard anything back from the company.

Summer Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in January 2015.

The first interview was a phone screening with basic questions about your resume. I had positive feedback when referencing specific things Egon Zehnder does (such as a fixed-fee payment for assignments). The second is a case interview and a behavioral interview. The first interview took about 25 minutes and the second one will take roughly 2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What experience do you have that would qualify you for this position? What does EZ do? Tell me about research you have done. What leadership roles have you had? Have your resume at hand in order to reference it.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Applied via campus recruiting. Had an initial in person interview that consisted of a behavioral style with one practitioner and a case style interview. The case was pretty much a walkthrough of how you would approach a typical search assignment. It is more about the quality of the questions you ask and how you think about the situation rather than your knowledge of search.

Interview Questions
    • how would you go about researching how much an executive at this level should be paid?   Answer Question

Summer Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder.

phone interview and then a following behavioral interview and then a case interview. 2 on 1 case interview, somewhat of a stess interview. basically describe an executive search process thoroughly, how you would go about finding a cfo or a ceo for a certain company given these criteria

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Egon Zehnder in November 2014.

Did 3 round of interviews. Many of the questions are typical just have examples ready. There is scenario testing to see how you rationalize and problem solve. Be prepared to explain.

Interview Questions
    I used an agency. I got exactly what I asked for.