Egon Zehnder

24 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Analyst Interview Interview

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview Details I applied for the Analyst position with EZIRS through HR and received a call from HR team for interview. It was told to me that there are altogether 3 rounds of interview. I went to there office on scheduled time and waited for 1 hr then HR came (HR mentioned, she was not informed that I have come, very unprofessional since there were 2 reception counters whom I informed about contact HR). Than after preliminary HR round I shared my experience in brief and told my last drawn and expected CTC, HR made a note of that. HR told it's night shift (again unprofessional, as it was not mentioned on phone) I was given another Logical Reasoning and Research test for 2.5hrs, I finished that and waited for HR to come. HR told me to leave for the day and they will inform me in next 3-4 days, if I qualify. I received the next call and same HR confirmed that I have cleared the test (as I expected). As HR scheduled my interview for the final round and sent me an invitation in Google calender with the project lead. I again reached before time and my meeting was done on time, that went well as project and work related discussion was done and the lead looked satisfied. HR told me that my profile was perfect and liked by the lead and so HR proposed me the salary slab (for the 1st time). I was surprised to know that HR was under the impression, that she had already communicated the salary slab to me (again how unprofessional as she hadn't), though I was very positive and said please you can share with me now. HR told 3.5 is max. (which is way less than what I previously had). Even than I agreed to the same. HR told me that her manager would meet me for the final thing and that I have to wait for some time. Again HR came and told me manager is busy in induction so please wait a bit more, I waited patiently. After 15-20 mins HR came and told me that I can leave for the day as manager would like to discuss my profile with lead (I didn't know what to discuss more). HR told she would call me in 2-3 days. After 3 days I called up HR and asked about the status, 1st she refused to recall (highly unprofessional), than when I asked her more specifically that she was to call me, than HR said due to some "Protocol Issue" they can't process my candidature. As a best HR practice you have to decide over protocol (if any) and other candidate details prior candidate selection process and if criteria don't match that needs to be communicated initially only not when candidate clears all round, So my experience is - very unprofessional and unstructured HR practice.

Interview Question – Least difficulty, question was piece of cake.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview Details Phone interview and then a case interview. Worst part was that after 90 min of my time spent interviewing they didn't even have the courtesy to formally tell me that I didn't receive an offer.

Interview Question – How would you go about filling the role of an ad sales executive at a major newspaper?   View Answer

Research Analyst
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview Details The process began with a call from a consultancy regarding an opening for "Data Executive" profile. Interview was scheduled and i reached their office on time. The recruiter there went through my resume and asked me some basic questions. She told me there was no opening for the profile I had come for but they could consider me for Research Analyst. It made me wonder what kind of firm does that! Yes I decided to go ahead and was handed over the sheets for the written test. Another test based on computer followed and I was told that I was done for the day. I received a call after the weekend telling me that I had cleared the initial rounds and was needed the next day to appear for further face-to-face interviews. I made myself available and was interviewed by HR head first and then the Research head. Subsequently I was told that I had cleared both the rounds and would soon receive the offer for joining. The catch is there was never a mention of salary or anything. I waited for 2 weeks during which i was repeatedly told over the phone that the paper work was stuck and would be sorted soon. Ultimately they tell me I have not been cleared by the research head. What happened in the 2 weeks?

Interview Question – The interviews were simple with no difficult questions as such. But its important to know that Business research is quite different from Science based research   View Answers (2)

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
Boston, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview Details Phone screening, in person case interview

Interview Question – Knowledge of profit and loss statements   View Answer

Reason for Declining – While the company is great and the people are fantastic, not many people have heard of Egon Zehnder and I needed a bigger name on my resume

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview Details The interview process was pretty straight forward. One initial interview with the office leader; one other day of interviews for cultural fit.

Interview Question – What's you five year plan?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty straight forward.

Research Analyst
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in October 2012.

Interview Details Lots of interviews. Very process oriented. Look for detail orientation, ability to do mundane things and find interest in them, interpersonal skills. Case: make sure you make sense of everything you are thinking. its about how you think about the person. For me it was a CEO resume and whether his qualifications would match a job description. If you don't like that don't do the job because that is what you do all day.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to multitask under pressure.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Egon Zehnder

Interview Details First step is application with resume, cover letter, and transcript. Second step is a conversational phone interview of about thirty minutes in length, covering the resume and some conversational questions. The third step is the in-person interview, of 90 minutes in length. 45 of those minutes are devoted to a case interview concerning an actual executive search and where/at who you might look for the position. The other 45 minutes are another conversational interview - they want as many people as possible to meet and get a read on you.

Interview Question – The case interview is not the kind studied for using Case in Point - it is an actual executive search.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in April 2013.

Interview Details Initial rounds were introduction and written test which went well and thereafter I was called for a final round with the senior leadership team which involved HR interview.

Interview Question – Case study on a project or topic I was not aware of   Answer Question

Research Analyst Intern Interview

Research Analyst Intern
Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in March 2013.

Interview Details Initial phone screen with basic questions about my resume. Called back for a case study in office. Gave an example search and asked you how you would go about the search process. They then walk you through the steps of what actually happened and let you know where you were strong and where else you could have looked. Final phase was another phone screen with a higher ranking research analyst much like the first one, just getting to know you and your resume. Whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Question – No specific question, more the case. Need to be able to think outside of the box pertaining to a search strategy.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate

Interviewed at Egon Zehnder

Interview Details 30 Minute Phone Interview with a current research associate. I was asked about details of my resume, and then asked to describe one particular work experience that would be most analogous to the work that I would be doing at Egon Zehnder. The interviewer was very friendly and seemed to respond very well to my answers.

Interview Question – I was asked about how I managed my work at a previous organization.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Egon Zehnder

Worked for Egon Zehnder? Contribute to the Community!