Egon Zehnder Interview Questions

Updated 3 Oct 2014

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

30 min phone interview followed by in person case study

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in April 2013.

Initial rounds were introduction and written test which went well and thereafter I was called for a final round with the senior leadership team which involved HR interview.

Associate-Information Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in April 2013.

- Written test which basically revolves around candidate's work profile information. A little grammar and maths.
    - Long wait (which is not worth it)
    - A test again for your judgement (internet is also used in this one)
    - Boring interview with the manager or senior TL

They have a fixed bar set for it. You can't negotiate because expenditure is more important than the candidate.

Research Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in March 2013.

Initial phone screen with basic questions about my resume. Called back for a case study in office. Gave an example search and asked you how you would go about the search process. They then walk you through the steps of what actually happened and let you know where you were strong and where else you could have looked. Final phase was another phone screen with a higher ranking research analyst much like the first one, just getting to know you and your resume. Whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • No specific question, more the case. Need to be able to think outside of the box pertaining to a search strategy.   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in February 2013.

Received a thirty minute interview after submitting a resume through my campus recruiting system. The interview appeared to be pretty casual. Focus was on describing each experience in my resume, and being able to describe me background and interests. Make sure you know the order and content of your resume. Try and relate it to the job you're trying for.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe how each of the experiences in the different countries you lived in have affected/developed you?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Boring talks with Directors, peers (Researchers) and then if approved you get an offer.

Pretty normal

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder.

I applied for the job through LinkedIn and received a phone call a couple days later. The interview very professional exactly what you would think that someone who works for a leading executive search firm is like.

The interview lasted maybe 20 minutes and I was asked some basic questions about my experience and qualifications and a screening question about salary expectations. At the end of the discussion I was invited to a face-to-face interview at their offices.

I went to their offices for the interview and got a very positive impression of the firm, the employees and the culture.

The interview went well and the questions were directed at my experience, what I did in my previous job, how I went about completing projects, my working style, what kind of workplace did I prefer, and what did I expect to be doing in 5 years. There were several questions about my collaboration and teamwork experience as the company values collaboration extremely highly. The interview was professional and more like a conversation at some points.

Everyone is very nice and the environment is not at all intimidating but it is very professional and you can tell that appearances are important.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were about skills, experience, background and working style. There were no "behavioral" questions (e.g. Tell me about the time you showed courage) or trick questions (e.g., How many buses are there in Los Angeles?) .

The job was a good match for my background and I researched the company prior so I was prepared for the standard questions they asked.
        Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Egon Zehnder in October 2012.

Lots of interviews. Very process oriented. Look for detail orientation, ability to do mundane things and find interest in them, interpersonal skills. Case: make sure you make sense of everything you are thinking. its about how you think about the person. For me it was a CEO resume and whether his qualifications would match a job description. If you don't like that don't do the job because that is what you do all day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to multitask under pressure.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Intern, Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

The process took a weekinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in June 2012.

I contacted the company because I was in the area and needed some work experience before applying to jobs. The phone interview was pretty boilerplate, standard behavioral questions (greatest strengths, why interested in company, etc.) After the interview ended, I was asked to come in to the company for a one on one interview, where I was told I would be given a test. I haven't completed the 1:1 interview yet, so no word on contents of the interview or test.

Research Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in March 2012.

The interviewer came down to campus job fair and I sent him my resume. He then arranged a phone interview with me. Basic resume question on my experiences and interests.