Egon Zehnder Interview Questions

Updated 18 Mar 2015

2.7

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. One on one phone interview was first. Interviewer was an alumnae from my university. Got through to the in-person interview with a couple of their analysts on-site. However, they did not even have the courtesy to tell me of my result, even after I had emailed them.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

1 phone screen, 1 onsite interview, 1 phone interview with the specific office i was recruiting for. The whole process probably took about 3 weeks, and was pretty smooth. Really nice people, and almost everyone I talked to was an alumn from my school. They don't have a separate recruiting team - they do all the recruiting themselves which is really nice.

Interview Questions

• Phone screen - background and resumé questions
      On-campus interview - 30 mins of background and resumé questions, 30 min case study. The case is not too difficult and usually involves walking through the search process (ie, they give you a search -- "we have been hired to look for a new Chief Marketing Officer at X company. How would you go about this search?) The idea is to be as structured as possible in your response, justify your assumptions, and communicate well with the interviewer.

Office-specific phone interview - they just asked some background questions, and why I was specifically interested in that office.

Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

Very easy to talk with them. Questions were kept general. Why do you want this job? Where do you see yourself in five years? Tell me about previous employment. They talked about the position and expectations. Company culture. Hours. Parking.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied through a college career website and was offered a first phone interview. The phone interview was behavioral and mostly allowing the company to get to know you. The interview asked questions about my resume and past experiences that I had that seemed relevant. I was then offered a second interview which was the case interview followed by more behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• The case interview was the toughest because I had never done one before.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

I applied for the Analyst position with EZIRS through HR and received a call from HR team for interview. It was told to me that there are altogether 3 rounds of interview. I went to there office on scheduled time and waited for 1 hr then HR came (HR mentioned, she was not informed that I have come, very unprofessional since there were 2 reception counters whom I informed about contact HR). Than after preliminary HR round I shared my experience in brief and told my last drawn and expected CTC, HR made a note of that. HR told it's night shift (again unprofessional, as it was not mentioned on phone) I was given another Logical Reasoning and Research test for 2.5hrs, I finished that and waited for HR to come. HR told me to leave for the day and they will inform me in next 3-4 days, if I qualify. I received the next call and same HR confirmed that I have cleared the test (as I expected). As HR scheduled my interview for the final round and sent me an invitation in Google calender with the project lead. I again reached before time and my meeting was done on time, that went well as project and work related discussion was done and the lead looked satisfied. HR told me that my profile was perfect and liked by the lead and so HR proposed me the salary slab (for the 1st time). I was surprised to know that HR was under the impression, that she had already communicated the salary slab to me (again how unprofessional as she hadn't), though I was very positive and said please you can share with me now. HR told 3.5 is max. (which is way less than what I previously had). Even than I agreed to the same. HR told me that her manager would meet me for the final thing and that I have to wait for some time. Again HR came and told me manager is busy in induction so please wait a bit more, I waited patiently. After 15-20 mins HR came and told me that I can leave for the day as manager would like to discuss my profile with lead (I didn't know what to discuss more). HR told she would call me in 2-3 days. After 3 days I called up HR and asked about the status, 1st she refused to recall (highly unprofessional), than when I asked her more specifically that she was to call me, than HR said due to some "Protocol Issue" they can't process my candidature. As a best HR practice you have to decide over protocol (if any) and other candidate details prior candidate selection process and if criteria don't match that needs to be communicated initially only not when candidate clears all round, So my experience is - very unprofessional and unstructured HR practice.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

The process began with a call from a consultancy regarding an opening for "Data Executive" profile. Interview was scheduled and i reached their office on time. The recruiter there went through my resume and asked me some basic questions. She told me there was no opening for the profile I had come for but they could consider me for Research Analyst. It made me wonder what kind of firm does that! Yes I decided to go ahead and was handed over the sheets for the written test. Another test based on computer followed and I was told that I was done for the day. I received a call after the weekend telling me that I had cleared the initial rounds and was needed the next day to appear for further face-to-face interviews. I made myself available and was interviewed by HR head first and then the Research head. Subsequently I was told that I had cleared both the rounds and would soon receive the offer for joining. The catch is there was never a mention of salary or anything. I waited for 2 weeks during which i was repeatedly told over the phone that the paper work was stuck and would be sorted soon. Ultimately they tell me I have not been cleared by the research head. What happened in the 2 weeks?

Interview Questions

• The interviews were simple with no difficult questions as such. But its important to know that Business research is quite different from Science based research   2 Answers

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

Phone interview and then a case interview. Worst part was that after 90 min of my time spent interviewing they didn't even have the courtesy to formally tell me that I didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about filling the role of an ad sales executive at a major newspaper?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Egon Zehnder (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Phone screening, in person case interview

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of profit and loss statements   1 Answer

While the company is great and the people are fantastic, not many people have heard of Egon Zehnder and I needed a bigger name on my resume

Senior Research Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Egon Zehnder (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

I had applied online, the headhunter shortlisted me and I visited the Gurgaon office at least 3 times, for the interview process. I cleared the written round, the HR discussion, round involving discussion with the Team Leader in India. The last interview I answered was a Skype interview with an industry specialist in Europe. She seemed positive about and impressed with my candidacy. I was assured I will be called again but eventually the headhunter informed me that they were more inclined towards another male candidate who was yet to answer the third round (though I had answered the fourth one).

The interview process is very long, with no clarity to the candidate.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the information you seek isn't available online?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Egon Zehnder (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. One initial interview with the office leader; one other day of interviews for cultural fit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward.