Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Glasgow, Scotland

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2008.

Interview Details This was an interview with my area manager and my group rental manager for a position of branch manager. It lasted an hour and was very structured with the interviewer reading frmo a set of clearly laid out questions. It helped to have diagrams and some matrix made up showing work i had fone in the past and what i would do to improve the branch.

Interview Question – Describe a time you went the extra mile for a customer?   Answer Question

Branch Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details sales sales sales. Company is sales driven I lacked experience. dont understand how they hire college grads who come out with no experience. sales is the motive im guessing thats why i didnt get it.

Branch Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details Had no issues with the hiring process, as I am outgoing and love conversation. You will begin with a recruiting manager who will screen you in a general way (essentially 'are you quickly likeable and make an impression quickly'). After that, you will meet with the branch manager and area manager at a designated branch where they will observe you interacting with customers and staff behind the counter, then take you into the office where they will interview you in a more specific manner (questions will relate to the branch you are interviewing for). Then the 3rd interview is with the group VP, where you will be assessed on your ideas and priorities of business effectiveness.

Interview Question – This is a question I got in my second interview of the hiring process. "You are working at The Bay retail store, and a customer brings a jacket to the counter to pay for it. The cost that comes up is $250, but the tag says $75 and the customer is irritated that you just quoted them almost 4x the price they were expecting. What do you do to satisfy the customer?".   View Answer

San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details I applied online, about a week later I interviewed with the Recruiter. I was passed on to the 2nd phase with the Area Manager and Group Rental Manager.

Branch Manager, Interview

Branch Manager,
Denver, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details great people. the person who interviewed me was very professional, on time, very articulate, very good listener, and "rolled with the punches"; and was at ease during the entire interview

Interview Question – what would you ask ceo if you had the opportunity   View Answer

Reason for Declining – too far from home

Branch Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details three interviews, then performanced based after

Interview Question – lots of behavioral questions, just have previous examples   Answer Question

Branch Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details phone interview, then 3 face to face. 1-HR 2-Area Manager 3- Regional VP

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details 3 Interviews. First is with HR, second is with a Branch Manager and the Final is with a Area Manager

Interview Question – They want to hear that you want a career with Enterprise   Answer Question

Branch Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details Generally 3 interviews. STAR Format, need lots of energy during the interview. Have good customer service stories, and sales stories

Interview Question – How much do you want to make?   View Answer

Branch Manager
Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2009.

Interview Details Three initial interviews. Once hired you study for months to take "the grill" which is a 4-8 hour interview to become a Managemet Assistant. Then you apply and interview to become an Assistant Manager, then again to become Branch Manager and so on.

Interview Question – Most difficult question is from our renters who need a car to get to work, have kids to pick up from school, are struggling just to survive, dont have credit cards, can provide bills but are all past due because they just cannot make the payments in time due to high cost of living/low pay. "You cant rent me a car?, well what am i supposed to do?" The average enterprise employee couldnt care less. But not me, i did everything i could for my customers. I understand this is supposed to relate to the interview but people need to know what its truly like to rent cars.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Very one sided, forced to move branch to branch without any input. "Do it or quit" mentality. My pay was even dropped without ever signing any paperwork. When i discovered this, i was told i signed papers agreeing to lower my bonus percentage, which was an absolute lie. Accounting and HR could never provide the paperwork after being asked numerous times.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!