Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Getting the Interview

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Glasgow, Scotland

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2008.

Interview Details This was an interview with my area manager and my group rental manager for a position of branch manager. It lasted an hour and was very structured with the interviewer reading frmo a set of clearly laid out questions. It helped to have diagrams and some matrix made up showing work i had fone in the past and what i would do to improve the branch.

Interview Question – Describe a time you went the extra mile for a customer?   Answer Question

Branch Manager, Interview

Denver, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details great people. the person who interviewed me was very professional, on time, very articulate, very good listener, and "rolled with the punches"; and was at ease during the entire interview

Interview Question – what would you ask ceo if you had the opportunity   View Answer

Reason for Declining – too far from home

Branch Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details three interviews, then performanced based after

Interview Question – lots of behavioral questions, just have previous examples   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details phone interview, then 3 face to face. 1-HR 2-Area Manager 3- Regional VP

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details 3 Interviews. First is with HR, second is with a Branch Manager and the Final is with a Area Manager

Interview Question – They want to hear that you want a career with Enterprise   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details Generally 3 interviews. STAR Format, need lots of energy during the interview. Have good customer service stories, and sales stories

Interview Question – How much do you want to make?   View Answer

Branch Manager
Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2009.

Interview Details Three initial interviews. Once hired you study for months to take "the grill" which is a 4-8 hour interview to become a Managemet Assistant. Then you apply and interview to become an Assistant Manager, then again to become Branch Manager and so on.

Interview Question – Most difficult question is from our renters who need a car to get to work, have kids to pick up from school, are struggling just to survive, dont have credit cards, can provide bills but are all past due because they just cannot make the payments in time due to high cost of living/low pay. "You cant rent me a car?, well what am i supposed to do?" The average enterprise employee couldnt care less. But not me, i did everything i could for my customers. I understand this is supposed to relate to the interview but people need to know what its truly like to rent cars.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Very one sided, forced to move branch to branch without any input. "Do it or quit" mentality. My pay was even dropped without ever signing any paperwork. When i discovered this, i was told i signed papers agreeing to lower my bonus percentage, which was an absolute lie. Accounting and HR could never provide the paperwork after being asked numerous times.

Branch Manager

Interview Details Interviews are based around experiences. You have to demonstrate you are willing to be a "go-getter". They like those who can talk about being part of a team and can demonstrate they have the capability to sell.

Branch Manager

Interview Details Everyone starts at the bottom of the company as a managment trainee there are a total of 4 interviews to become a management trainee. During the interviews your are asked a series of questions related to flexibility, sales, service they are expecting you to give detailed explanation or your experiences.

Interview Questions

• I do not think you are the right fit for the company, I do not know if you will do well here. Will you?   View Answer
  • What motivates you to do well?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation during your first interview the recruiter explains to you that this is what they offer and that by going through the interviews you understand this is what they pay you. The company does a motor vehicle check on you and as long as you don't have more than 2 moving violations they will over you the job.

Interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Interview Details I was interviewing for two possible Branch Manager positions, so I was interviewed by two area managers at the same time. They use standard interview question, so I got one of the interview sheets of questions that was provided to me to help hire employees and studied that. The interview, like any management interview at Enterprise was intense, but they liked what I said and I got the larger branch manager position.

Interview Question – I forget most of the questions, but they did ask what my greatest weakness was. If you work at Erac ask your larger branch managers or an area manager to practice interview with you. It pays off.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no real negotiation. You normally go up against many candidates for a position and feel lucky if you get the job. Soon after you get the job you are supposed to sit down and discuss base salary and commission...There might be a little wiggle room if you are very good at what you do.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Videos

Enterprise Rent-A-Car – Why Work for Us?

This is where it all starts. When you join us at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, you'll be part of an industry leader with a rich history. The Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand is owned by St. Louis based Enterprise Holdings, a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enterprise Rent-A-Car Branch Manager interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Enterprise Rent-A-Car employees and interview candidates.