Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Getting the Interview

77 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Interview Details The application process was exactly the same for the graduate scheme, which is good as it gives you a good insight into how the business operates.
This is a five stage application process:

1) An online application form. This was quite straight forward, just a few essay style questions which required slightly longer answers but the questions were pretty easy
2) I got called a few days later to arrange a telephone interview with a talent acquisition manager. She was really lovely and it was all competency based questions, and a few others such as 'why do you want to work for enterprise'. Instead of reeling off facts about the company that are on the website, try and link the core values of the company to your skills.
3) I then passed through to a one on one interview with a talent acquisition officer in the Redditch branch. Again, the interviewer was really lovely and made me feel at ease. It wasn't too daunting, so its a great opportunity to show your personality and your reasons for choosing Enterprise!
4) I then got put through to a branch visit, which I completed in Birmingham airport. This may seem like being put in the deep end as the airport was high pressured, fast paced, and customers were really wanting to just get out the airport and on the road! However, it was a brilliant way to learn how to cope in these situations, and to start learning how some of the business systems operate. Make sure you ask loads of questions and interact with as many members of staff and the public as possible. I then had another interview with the branch manager, much like the one I had before. This was mainly competency based again, and so make sure you prepare loads of examples!
5) The last stage was an assessment day. I had a large gap between my branch visit and assessment day, and so had loads of time to prepare. This is a mix between doing group tasks, such as a discussion between about six of you and presenting your ideas to the financial board (area managers). It also involved role play, which is much less daunting than I thought as it was just between you and an area manager. I also had 30 minutes to plan a morning in a branch, which was probably the most tricky part of the day. Just make sure you justify everything you do and remain calm! The final part was a last interview with an area manager, who was really friendly and asked me more competency based questions. This was the part where the area manager asked me more about my career goals. Enterprise have a great emphasis on hiring people who have a long term career with them in mind, so bear this in mind if this isn't what you're after! The assessors stressed to us in the morning that the day was relatively informal, and that you weren't in competition with the other candidates.
All in all, every member of staff was friendly, accommodating and the process wasn't daunting at all, so just be yourself.

Interview Question – I was asked which other companies I'd apply for, always a tricky one!   Answer Question

Interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Interview Details Application form, including CV, then i had a telephone interview, branch visit and assessment center.

Interview Question – What other internships have you applied to?   Answer Question

Stirling, Scotland

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in August 2013.

Interview Details First stage was an online application, very straight forward and typical. Next was an over the phone interview taking 10-15 mins, the interviewer will most likely have lots of interviews so don't be alarmed if she has no knowledge of your CV. Questions were regarding leadership, customer service, sales and working ethic. Lots of tell me about a time... that sort of thing. I was told straight away that I had passed that stage and the next stage would be an interview at the head office.
I did not pass this interview so cannot give any advice on it.

Interview Question – Tell me a time where you have developed someone?   View Answer

Stirling, Scotland

I applied online and interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details Was invited to either a phone interview or face-to-face, I choose face to face. Questions largely based on customer service. Here's the question's I can remember:
A time you showed leadership
A time you showed work ethic
What you dislike most about your job
What you know about Enterprise
How to deal with a complaint
A time you showed good customer service

Interview Question – What other internships have you applied for- Wasn't sure how to answer, tried to avoid giving an actual answer here   Answer Question

Interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Interview Details Very unorganised, area manager didnt even know I was going.

Interview Question – Very standard sales questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none - standard package

Management Trainee Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details They emailed me about a month after I applied for the position. There was a 15 minute interview during which the interviewer asked several questions about past sales and leadership experience. They never got back to me. I feel as though the position is advertised falsely. They call it a management position, but I wasn't asked any questions about anything related to management.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Westbrook, ME (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2014.

Interview Details Applied online through the Enterprise website. Received an email within 5 days from a hiring person, scheduled a phone interview which was less than 10 minutes, met in person with area manager. First real interview and was much easier than expected. Very friendly people at all stages.

Interview Question – None, difficult customer situation, what is customer service to you, where do you see yourself after school.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details Saw an ad on LinkedIn and applied through the website. About a week later I got a call from talent acquisition. She asked me a few questions over the phone such as why I wanted to work for the company. Then she asked me when I could come in for an interview. This interview went well and then she called me the next day to schedule another interview with the area manager and a branch manager.

Interview Question – Questions were behavioural and about my resume. Based on sales, competitiveness and customer service   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I have only received a verbal offer so far. After they do the background check, you get the official offer.

Roseville, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

Interview Details Got in touch via a school career fair. Talent agent requested my resume and gave me her business card. I was contacted a couple weeks later for an interview. Passed through the first interview and am scheduled for my second. First interview was with the areas talent acquisition manager, and the second will be with the branch manager where I may be placed at.

Interview Question – Was there any point in your life where you had to do a not-so-glorious job? Something where you had to roll up your sleeves and get your "hands dirty"?   View Answer

Franklin, TN (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

Interview Details Interview process was wasn't bad- total of three interviews spread out over the course of about a month that included one on-site observation. There was a lot of overlap in the questions asked in the three interviews, and nothing particularly challenging. Additionally, all three conversations were with very genial employees, so the conversations for the most part were enjoyable.

Interview Question – There were no especially difficult questions, essentially they just covered basic interview questions- walking through your resume and asking why you think you'd be a good fit and where you want to be in five to ten years.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Videos

Enterprise Rent-A-Car – Why Work for Us?

This is where it all starts. When you join us at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, you'll be part of an industry leader with a rich history. The Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand is owned by St. Louis based Enterprise Holdings, a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enterprise Rent-A-Car Management Trainee Intern interview questions and advice. All 77 interview reviews posted anonymously by Enterprise Rent-A-Car employees and interview candidates.