Enterprise Rent-A-Car Management Trainee Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2014

2.8

86 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Trainee Intern Interview

The application process was exactly the same for the graduate scheme, which is good as it gives you a good insight into how the business operates.
This is a five stage application process:

1) An online application form. This was quite straight forward, just a few essay style questions which required slightly longer answers but the questions were pretty easy
2) I got called a few days later to arrange a telephone interview with a talent acquisition manager. She was really lovely and it was all competency based questions, and a few others such as 'why do you want to work for enterprise'. Instead of reeling off facts about the company that are on the website, try and link the core values of the company to your skills.
3) I then passed through to a one on one interview with a talent acquisition officer in the Redditch branch. Again, the interviewer was really lovely and made me feel at ease. It wasn't too daunting, so its a great opportunity to show your personality and your reasons for choosing Enterprise!
4) I then got put through to a branch visit, which I completed in Birmingham airport. This may seem like being put in the deep end as the airport was high pressured, fast paced, and customers were really wanting to just get out the airport and on the road! However, it was a brilliant way to learn how to cope in these situations, and to start learning how some of the business systems operate. Make sure you ask loads of questions and interact with as many members of staff and the public as possible. I then had another interview with the branch manager, much like the one I had before. This was mainly competency based again, and so make sure you prepare loads of examples!
5) The last stage was an assessment day. I had a large gap between my branch visit and assessment day, and so had loads of time to prepare. This is a mix between doing group tasks, such as a discussion between about six of you and presenting your ideas to the financial board (area managers). It also involved role play, which is much less daunting than I thought as it was just between you and an area manager. I also had 30 minutes to plan a morning in a branch, which was probably the most tricky part of the day. Just make sure you justify everything you do and remain calm! The final part was a last interview with an area manager, who was really friendly and asked me more competency based questions. This was the part where the area manager asked me more about my career goals. Enterprise have a great emphasis on hiring people who have a long term career with them in mind, so bear this in mind if this isn't what you're after! The assessors stressed to us in the morning that the day was relatively informal, and that you weren't in competition with the other candidates.
All in all, every member of staff was friendly, accommodating and the process wasn't daunting at all, so just be yourself.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked which other companies I'd apply for, always a tricky one!   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Management Trainee Intern Interview

Application form, including CV, then i had a telephone interview, branch visit and assessment center.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stirling, Scotland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stirling, Scotland

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in August 2013.

First stage was an online application, very straight forward and typical. Next was an over the phone interview taking 10-15 mins, the interviewer will most likely have lots of interviews so don't be alarmed if she has no knowledge of your CV. Questions were regarding leadership, customer service, sales and working ethic. Lots of tell me about a time... that sort of thing. I was told straight away that I had passed that stage and the next stage would be an interview at the head office.
    I did not pass this interview so cannot give any advice on it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you have developed someone?   View Answer

Management Trainee Intern Interview

Very unorganised, area manager didnt even know I was going.

none - standard package

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stirling, Scotland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stirling, Scotland

I applied online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Was invited to either a phone interview or face-to-face, I choose face to face. Questions largely based on customer service. Here's the question's I can remember:
    A time you showed leadership
    A time you showed work ethic
    What you dislike most about your job
    What you know about Enterprise
    How to deal with a complaint
    A time you showed good customer service

Interview Questions
    • What other internships have you applied for- Wasn't sure how to answer, tried to avoid giving an actual answer here   Answer Question

Management Trainee Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2014.

I applied online. About a week later there was a call from the recruiter. I interviewed with her and then went on to interview with the area manager. After that it was a waiting game for them to call me back.

Interview Questions
    • They do a lot of outside work cleaning cars. The area manager was tough. She asked how do I plan on being able to clean cars in business attire in the heat.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want this internship   Answer Question

Management Trainee Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I had a phone interview and that set up one in person interview at the Enterprise office. Basic behavioral interview without any difficult questions. I was asked "Tell me about a time when I had to deal with a disgruntled customer and what did I do" etc etc.

Management Trainee Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I submitted an application in late March and didn't hear back until late early May. Don't be discouraged if it takes time for them to get back to you. It is a three step interview process. The first interview is basically a phone screening. They ask interview 101 type questions, and make sure you meet all the requirements. The second interview will make you or break you. You will interview with the branch and area manager. They ask situational questions. "Describe a time..." or "what do you think about..." Third interview is the "tell me about yourself" type questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to think critically to solve a problem   Answer Question

It is a retail job. You compete against your co-workers to hit sales targets. I declined because I felt there were better uses of my time than selling insurance for 10 hours a day.

Management Trainee Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norwalk, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2013.

Previous sales experience will make the interview easier. The interviewers made the interview session really natural and calm. If you're selected, you'll receive an email to confirm a phone interview, and if you pass the first stage, you'll be invited to go to a 1:1 interview. After that you're hired. Good luck

Interview Questions
    • They asked common questions, such as: tell me your strengths/weaknesses, why did you leave your other jobs, tell me a time where you went the extra mile for a person/customer   Answer Question

Management Trainee Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

The interview process was a piece of cake. Nothing to worry about. Went through three separate interviews. 1st was with the corporate recruiter: very easy. 2nd was with an area manager: a bit more detailed about your resume, but still nothing to sweat over. 3rd was with the VP of the region: this was mostly paperwork and I wouldn't have been there if I wasn't already hired.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was when I was asked about relevant sales experience. I was only a student at the time, so really I did not have any of this. I had to search deep into my creative thoughts to come up with a connection to my organizational leadership that was relevant to sales. My answer seemed to satisfy the Area Manger though as I was offered the position.   Answer Question

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!