Enterprise Rent-A-Car

1. Apply online

2. Telephone interview
    * Initial screening - entirely competency based
    * Approx 10-15 minutes
    * TIP: have detailed examples and be ready to expand on what you've said.

3. Invitation to interview at a rental branch + experience life in an Enterprise office
    * Work a few hours, 'shadow' an existing team member
    * Interview with branch manager at the end (more competency-based questions)
    * TIP: talk to employees at the branch. A lot. The manager will ask them what they thought of you
              & they play a large part in the manager's decision to progress you or not. Engage with
              customers even if it's just small-talk. Don't be a wallflower.

4. Assessment centre
    * Team-orientated tasks and group exercises
    * Role play a presentation/fake meeting with hiring managers
      (e.g. one employee is falling behind with his sales figures and you've called a 'meeting')
    * Competency interview at the end with another hiring manager
    * TIP: Find a balance between commanding and respectful, don't talk over others. An entire
              assessment group can (and does) get hired, or none at all. It depends. My group
              didn't finish any of its tasks due to bickering and strong personalities but *most* of us were
              still offered a role. In the role-play/presentation managers are often found in character- they
              play roles of disinterested employees etc - and the one I had even sat on his phone the
              entire time. Distracting as it is, resist the urge to get mad at this 'employee' if something like
              this happens to you...it's a ploy to see how you handle employee/customer engagement
              and conflict resolution.

5. Job Offer (If successful)
     * I heard back within the week.

Interview Questions
  • No question is particularly 'difficult', just be prepared to go into your answers to any questions in a lot of detail.   Answer Question
No chance to negotiate, I was dictated to more than anything. Read the company reviews on Glassdoor before making a decision which will have a major impact on your life.

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I applied for the Business Management 12 month placement scheme. The process starts with an online application form and CV, then a telephone interview with a talent acquisition manager, branch interview, and finally assessment centre. I only got to the telephone interview however.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were fairly typical, all based around the competencies on the website and the role. I was asked to tell him about myself, why I wanted to work for enterprise, what I thought the 3 most interesting things about the company were, how competitive I am and an example of when I've been competitive, the extent of my experience in retail, a time I showed leadership, what my strengths and weaknesses are in customer service and favourite/least favourite part of selling, what extra curricular activities I participated in at university only (not outside of university) and why I got into them...
      I did most of the talking though.

He told me and a friend of mine who had the interview the same day, that he would get back to us with a decision within 7 days. It's now been 3 weeks and neither of us have heard anything.
      I received a phone call with an offer, for a placement at a different company, the evening of this interview and accepted, but waiting for the result from enterprise for curiosities sake. Looks like I might have to wait a while longer though!
      I think it's really bad and shows disorganisation that we were told definitely within 7 days and it hasn't been followed through, if it were the other way around and they were waiting on a candidate they would write them off. Not that it matters to me now that I have another placement confirmed, but for all they know I, or someone else, could be waiting by the phone for their response and I just don't think that's fair.

The job itself does seem like something I would be happy doing though, so a bit of a shame.

Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2015.

First there was a telephone interview which lasted 15 min. Then I had a face to face interview and that was simple and straight forward. Im due to visit a local branch as that is the next stage of the process.

Interview Questions
    • Example of when I had to tell something negative to somebody   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

phone interview- branch interview- Assessment Centre everyone is really friendly and welcoming if you have any questions feel free to ask as this shows you are interested. Do your homework on the company aswell.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stirling, Scotland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stirling, Scotland

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in November 2014.

First Stage - Head Office Interview - Quite informal and basic questions nothing to difficult and was told straight away they wanted me to attend the next
    Second Stage - Branch Interview - I shadowed a couple of employees for 2 hours which was very informal and rather boring and then had an interview with the branch manager. He was also very informal, seemed like he was just out of uni and interested in having a laugh more than interviewing me. He answered most of the questions/prompted answers for me. I was phoned 2 days later to say I was progressing to the next stage.
    Third Stage - Assessment Centre - Still to complete this part!
    Seems to be a very lengthy process for a very basic job.

Interview Questions
    • 1.Tell me about a time when you had to motivate an employee.
      2.Tell me about a time when you had to build professional relationships.
      3.Tell me about a time you didnt reach a target

View Answer
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in October 2014.

First stage is a relatively short online application that is more based around past experience than anything else.

The next stage for myself was a short phone interview. I didn't think I did too well within the interview (due to a lack of sales experience and not very informative feedback from the interviewer, they seemed to be in a rush). Also the email that was sent to me to say when the interview was, was wrong. I was expecting the call between 4-5 and received the call at 20 to 6, and by this time I had already contacted the company to request a reschedule.

However, I have progressed to the next stage of the interview process which is a one to one interview with HR at the office closest to me.

Further details of the interview process are online I believe.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have with sales?   View Answer

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Answered a simple form and the arranged a telephone interview for the following week. However when they called there had been a mix up and therefore no job actually on offer.

Asked questions like why that company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heathrow, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heathrow, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2014.

I completed the application online, and received an email scheduling a telephone interview with a couple of days. The application process itself was very easy, the form is short and there are some personality questions that took about 20 minutes to answer.

My telephone interview was quite short, no longer than 10 minutes. The questions asked were about my sales and customer service experience. I feel the interview is to confirm any experience, rather than getting a more in-depth idea of what you have done. I was also asked about my further career aspirations. The person on the phone was very pleasant and told me straight away that I would be invited for a second, face to face, interview.

The second interview was quite short as well, it lasted about 20 or 30 minutes. This was with one to one interview. We had a general chat and then I was asked about my sales and customer service experience. I was asked what I thought good customer service was, how to make sales, what work ethic is, and questions about career motivation.

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Goes through a few stages, was fairly simple in initial application form process.

Got an email asking to set a telephone interview, earliest date was around 1.5 weeks away, took it and prepared through common questions and the the competencies Enterprise look for; Customer Service, Sales, Work Ethic, Leadership, Communication and Flexibility.

The day for phone interview came, waited 3 hours, and nothing came through. Had phone in front of me all the way through. Got an email saying they tried but couldn't get through - Doesn't make sense, phone was on and working fine. Wasted a morning which I could have been more productive.

Emailed back asking when it can be re-scheduled for, no response. Made a few calls to try get in-touch, still nothing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

Applied for job online by submitting CV. Received email 2 days later offering me initial telephone interview. Asked about my experience in the competencies they were looking for (leadership, sales.) Received email the next day saying I had not been selected as they wanted a candidate with more sales experience.

Interview Questions
    • None really, very basic during telephone interview. Know your CV inside out!   Answer Question