Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Updated 28 Feb 2015
Updated 28 Feb 2015

2.9

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Quite long but very fair process. The online application is easy to fill out and doesn't take long. Afterwards there will be a telephone interview, which will be over very quick too and is just to see what you are currently doing, where you'd like to work etc. Afterwards you will be invited for a personal interview, mine was in Heathrow. This also didn't last longer than 30 minutes and was fine. I haven't heard back from them yet.

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Stared with a telephone interview then a face to face interview. I was contacted both by telephone and email. Everyone I have spoken to has been extremely friendly so far.

Application process was online. There are a lot of positions available.

1. Apply online

2. Telephone interview
        * Initial screening - entirely competency based
        * Approx 10-15 minutes
        * TIP: have detailed examples and be ready to expand on what you've said.

3. Invitation to interview at a rental branch + experience life in an Enterprise office
        * Work a few hours, 'shadow' an existing team member
        * Interview with branch manager at the end (more competency-based questions)
        * TIP: talk to employees at the branch. A lot. The manager will ask them what they thought of you
                  & they play a large part in the manager's decision to progress you or not. Engage with
                  customers even if it's just small-talk. Don't be a wallflower.

4. Assessment centre
        * Team-orientated tasks and group exercises
        * Role play a presentation/fake meeting with hiring managers
          (e.g. one employee is falling behind with his sales figures and you've called a 'meeting')
        * Competency interview at the end with another hiring manager
        * TIP: Find a balance between commanding and respectful, don't talk over others. An entire
                  assessment group can (and does) get hired, or none at all. It depends. My group
                  didn't finish any of its tasks due to bickering and strong personalities but *most* of us were
                  still offered a role. In the role-play/presentation managers are often found in character- they
                  play roles of disinterested employees etc - and the one I had even sat on his phone the
                  entire time. Distracting as it is, resist the urge to get mad at this 'employee' if something like
                  this happens to you...it's a ploy to see how you handle employee/customer engagement
                  and conflict resolution.

5. Job Offer (If successful)
         * I heard back within the week.

Interview Questions
    • No question is particularly 'difficult', just be prepared to go into your answers to any questions in a lot of detail.   Answer Question
    No chance to negotiate, I was dictated to more than anything. Read the company reviews on Glassdoor before making a decision which will have a major impact on your life.

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I applied for the Business Management 12 month placement scheme. The process starts with an online application form and CV, then a telephone interview with a talent acquisition manager, branch interview, and finally assessment centre. I only got to the telephone interview however.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were fairly typical, all based around the competencies on the website and the role. I was asked to tell him about myself, why I wanted to work for enterprise, what I thought the 3 most interesting things about the company were, how competitive I am and an example of when I've been competitive, the extent of my experience in retail, a time I showed leadership, what my strengths and weaknesses are in customer service and favourite/least favourite part of selling, what extra curricular activities I participated in at university only (not outside of university) and why I got into them...
      I did most of the talking though.

He told me and a friend of mine who had the interview the same day, that he would get back to us with a decision within 7 days. It's now been 3 weeks and neither of us have heard anything.
      I received a phone call with an offer, for a placement at a different company, the evening of this interview and accepted, but waiting for the result from enterprise for curiosities sake. Looks like I might have to wait a while longer though!
      I think it's really bad and shows disorganisation that we were told definitely within 7 days and it hasn't been followed through, if it were the other way around and they were waiting on a candidate they would write them off. Not that it matters to me now that I have another placement confirmed, but for all they know I, or someone else, could be waiting by the phone for their response and I just don't think that's fair.

The job itself does seem like something I would be happy doing though, so a bit of a shame.

Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2015.

First there was a telephone interview which lasted 15 min. Then I had a face to face interview and that was simple and straight forward. Im due to visit a local branch as that is the next stage of the process.

Interview Questions
    • Example of when I had to tell something negative to somebody   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Applied online application form, followed by a telephone interview, invited to a face to face interview. Then invited to 3 hour branch visit including another informal interview. Final assessment centre including group discussion, role play and final interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you have gone the extra mile for a customer?   View Answer

Management Trainee Interview

phone interview- branch interview- Assessment Centre everyone is really friendly and welcoming if you have any questions feel free to ask as this shows you are interested. Do your homework on the company aswell.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stirling, Scotland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stirling, Scotland

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in November 2014.

First Stage - Head Office Interview - Quite informal and basic questions nothing to difficult and was told straight away they wanted me to attend the next
    Second Stage - Branch Interview - I shadowed a couple of employees for 2 hours which was very informal and rather boring and then had an interview with the branch manager. He was also very informal, seemed like he was just out of uni and interested in having a laugh more than interviewing me. He answered most of the questions/prompted answers for me. I was phoned 2 days later to say I was progressing to the next stage.
    Third Stage - Assessment Centre - Still to complete this part!
    Seems to be a very lengthy process for a very basic job.

Interview Questions
    • 1.Tell me about a time when you had to motivate an employee.
      2.Tell me about a time when you had to build professional relationships.
      3.Tell me about a time you didnt reach a target

View Answer
    No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England
    Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in October 2014.

First stage is a relatively short online application that is more based around past experience than anything else.

The next stage for myself was a short phone interview. I didn't think I did too well within the interview (due to a lack of sales experience and not very informative feedback from the interviewer, they seemed to be in a rush). Also the email that was sent to me to say when the interview was, was wrong. I was expecting the call between 4-5 and received the call at 20 to 6, and by this time I had already contacted the company to request a reschedule.

However, I have progressed to the next stage of the interview process which is a one to one interview with HR at the office closest to me.

Further details of the interview process are online I believe.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have with sales?   View Answer

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Answered a simple form and the arranged a telephone interview for the following week. However when they called there had been a mix up and therefore no job actually on offer.

Asked questions like why that company