Enterprise Rent-A-Car Management Trainee Interview Questions

1,028 Interview Reviews

2.9

1,028 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

Online Application - asked for telephone interview the same week which was followed by a face to face interview. Was informed on the day I had made it to the next stage which was a branch placement and finally an assessment centre. Recruitment is year round so the recruitment process can be very quick.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Trainee Management Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

Telephone interview to begin with. Then an interview with somebody at a place near me. The third one was a branch interview at my local branch but not the one I will be working at. The last stage is an assessment day Which I have got very soon.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

A telephone internet
    A face to face interview with a Talent Acquisition Manager
    A branch visit and interview with Area Manager- this interview was very similar to that of the previous interview. during this they are judging how you interact with other people in the branch so be aware of your interaction with everyone and not just the AM
    A assessment centre- one of the tasks was to sell a product to the group

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions focused mainly on sales and customer service, make sure you have lots of examples for these.
      Where else have you applied for?

Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

Quite long but very fair process. The online application is easy to fill out and doesn't take long. Afterwards there will be a telephone interview, which will be over very quick too and is just to see what you are currently doing, where you'd like to work etc. Afterwards you will be invited for a personal interview, mine was in Heathrow. This also didn't last longer than 30 minutes and was fine. I haven't heard back from them yet.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

Stared with a telephone interview then a face to face interview. I was contacted both by telephone and email. Everyone I have spoken to has been extremely friendly so far.

Application process was online. There are a lot of positions available.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in February 2015.

Interview

Application Form, 10 minute phone interview, 40 minute phone interview (they offered this instead of in person interview to save travelling via plane) and this is how far I got - though they took 2 weeks to get back to me, despite telling me I'd know within a week. Very unprofessional.

All of the questions they ask you can find on here - mostly competency based questions - tell me about yourself, what are your weaknesses in sales, what do you think makes the difference between good and great customer service etc.

Make sure to evidence competencies, I didn't emphasise on one and think that's where I went wrong

Interview Questions

• What do you think makes the difference between good and great customer service?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

1. Apply online

2. Telephone interview
        * Initial screening - entirely competency based
        * Approx 10-15 minutes
        * TIP: have detailed examples and be ready to expand on what you've said.

3. Invitation to interview at a rental branch + experience life in an Enterprise office
        * Work a few hours, 'shadow' an existing team member
        * Interview with branch manager at the end (more competency-based questions)
        * TIP: talk to employees at the branch. A lot. The manager will ask them what they thought of you
                  & they play a large part in the manager's decision to progress you or not. Engage with
                  customers even if it's just small-talk. Don't be a wallflower.

4. Assessment centre
        * Team-orientated tasks and group exercises
        * Role play a presentation/fake meeting with hiring managers
          (e.g. one employee is falling behind with his sales figures and you've called a 'meeting')
        * Competency interview at the end with another hiring manager
        * TIP: Find a balance between commanding and respectful, don't talk over others. An entire
                  assessment group can (and does) get hired, or none at all. It depends. My group
                  didn't finish any of its tasks due to bickering and strong personalities but *most* of us were
                  still offered a role. In the role-play/presentation managers are often found in character- they
                  play roles of disinterested employees etc - and the one I had even sat on his phone the
                  entire time. Distracting as it is, resist the urge to get mad at this 'employee' if something like
                  this happens to you...it's a ploy to see how you handle employee/customer engagement
                  and conflict resolution.

5. Job Offer (If successful)
         * I heard back within the week.

Interview Questions

• No question is particularly 'difficult', just be prepared to go into your answers to any questions in a lot of detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No chance to negotiate, I was dictated to more than anything. Read the company reviews on Glassdoor before making a decision which will have a major impact on your life.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

I applied for the Business Management 12 month placement scheme. The process starts with an online application form and CV, then a telephone interview with a talent acquisition manager, branch interview, and finally assessment centre. I only got to the telephone interview however.

Interview Questions

• The questions were fairly typical, all based around the competencies on the website and the role. I was asked to tell him about myself, why I wanted to work for enterprise, what I thought the 3 most interesting things about the company were, how competitive I am and an example of when I've been competitive, the extent of my experience in retail, a time I showed leadership, what my strengths and weaknesses are in customer service and favourite/least favourite part of selling, what extra curricular activities I participated in at university only (not outside of university) and why I got into them...
      I did most of the talking though.

He told me and a friend of mine who had the interview the same day, that he would get back to us with a decision within 7 days. It's now been 3 weeks and neither of us have heard anything.
      I received a phone call with an offer, for a placement at a different company, the evening of this interview and accepted, but waiting for the result from enterprise for curiosities sake. Looks like I might have to wait a while longer though!
      I think it's really bad and shows disorganisation that we were told definitely within 7 days and it hasn't been followed through, if it were the other way around and they were waiting on a candidate they would write them off. Not that it matters to me now that I have another placement confirmed, but for all they know I, or someone else, could be waiting by the phone for their response and I just don't think that's fair.

The job itself does seem like something I would be happy doing though, so a bit of a shame.

Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2015.

Interview

First there was a telephone interview which lasted 15 min. Then I had a face to face interview and that was simple and straight forward. Im due to visit a local branch as that is the next stage of the process.

Interview Questions

• Example of when I had to tell something negative to somebody   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Applied online application form, followed by a telephone interview, invited to a face to face interview. Then invited to 3 hour branch visit including another informal interview. Final assessment centre including group discussion, role play and final interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have gone the extra mile for a customer?   1 Answer