Enterprise Rent-A-Car Management Trainee Interview Questions

2.9

858 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in October 2014.

First stage is a relatively short online application that is more based around past experience than anything else.

The next stage for myself was a short phone interview. I didn't think I did too well within the interview (due to a lack of sales experience and not very informative feedback from the interviewer, they seemed to be in a rush). Also the email that was sent to me to say when the interview was, was wrong. I was expecting the call between 4-5 and received the call at 20 to 6, and by this time I had already contacted the company to request a reschedule.

However, I have progressed to the next stage of the interview process which is a one to one interview with HR at the office closest to me.

Further details of the interview process are online I believe.

Interview Questions
  • What experience do you have with sales?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Answered a simple form and the arranged a telephone interview for the following week. However when they called there had been a mix up and therefore no job actually on offer.

Asked questions like why that company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heathrow, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heathrow, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2014.

I completed the application online, and received an email scheduling a telephone interview with a couple of days. The application process itself was very easy, the form is short and there are some personality questions that took about 20 minutes to answer.

My telephone interview was quite short, no longer than 10 minutes. The questions asked were about my sales and customer service experience. I feel the interview is to confirm any experience, rather than getting a more in-depth idea of what you have done. I was also asked about my further career aspirations. The person on the phone was very pleasant and told me straight away that I would be invited for a second, face to face, interview.

The second interview was quite short as well, it lasted about 20 or 30 minutes. This was with one to one interview. We had a general chat and then I was asked about my sales and customer service experience. I was asked what I thought good customer service was, how to make sales, what work ethic is, and questions about career motivation.

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Goes through a few stages, was fairly simple in initial application form process.

Got an email asking to set a telephone interview, earliest date was around 1.5 weeks away, took it and prepared through common questions and the the competencies Enterprise look for; Customer Service, Sales, Work Ethic, Leadership, Communication and Flexibility.

The day for phone interview came, waited 3 hours, and nothing came through. Had phone in front of me all the way through. Got an email saying they tried but couldn't get through - Doesn't make sense, phone was on and working fine. Wasted a morning which I could have been more productive.

Emailed back asking when it can be re-scheduled for, no response. Made a few calls to try get in-touch, still nothing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

Applied for job online by submitting CV. Received email 2 days later offering me initial telephone interview. Asked about my experience in the competencies they were looking for (leadership, sales.) Received email the next day saying I had not been selected as they wanted a candidate with more sales experience.

Interview Questions
    • None really, very basic during telephone interview. Know your CV inside out!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in November 2013.

So far so good. Applied online - online application + personality test, Short telephone Interview 5-10min, One to one interview on friday. Still in the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Informal phone interview, with general questions. Then I was invited to attend a one to one interview. It was about your leadership, customer care and sales skills. It was not very difficult if you have previous experience. Examples are crucial. The next stage would be a visit at a branch where you'll be meeting the manager who will ask you other questions to check again you customer care, leadership and sales skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2013.

The online application was straightforward. Personal details, education, work experience and any additional information (achievements, training etc..).

The next stage was a 30-minute telephone interview with a talent acquisition manager (this person was also at the assessment centre). We discussed the main points on my CV and then moved on to competency questions. These were in line with the jobs competencies (leadership, team work, sales, customer service, decision making...) so have some examples prepared!

The next stage was a branch visit. At the start, I was set a task by the branch manager to obtain specific information from all the employees at the branch (time at company, likes/dislikes of the job, hobbies etc...). This was an exercise to measure communication skills and get an idea of my personality. I then sat down with the manager and talked about the interview process and a normal day in the role amongst other things.
    As this stage takes place at a working branch, you get to experience day-to-day tasks of the job. I experienced a complaint and went to pick up a customer during my visit.
    After this, I completed an interview with the branch manager, which lasted around 40 minutes. There were several competency-based questions for each core competency of the job.

The next stage was the assessment center. A full day that consisted of; a group exercise, an individual exercise, role-play scenarios and a final interview.

Group exercise- We were all given information of the organisations background along with its core values. Also, we were each given a different business initiative and had to argue why our own should be chosen. We had a budget (meaning only a couple could be chosen) and had 30 minutes to decide which the group would choose, along with reasoning’s to be presented to the finance board (area managers).

Individual exercise- I was given 30 minutes to organise a day in the life of a branch manager. Of course, this was not made straight forward as employees had called in sick, cars were not ready to go out, the correct type of cars were not available for customers etc... I had to address this and draw up a fleet plan, employee duties plan, deal with customers and other issues.
    As was explained, there was no one correct way to complete this, but I had to justify my plan.
    The assessor was quite thorough and went through my whole plan, ensuring there was no holes in it. Probably the most difficult part of the day for me!

Role plays-2 different scenarios.
    1. A customer service scenario, where a customer had not taken out the insurance waiver thus had to pay £500 before they left to cover damages that had incurred while they had the car.
    2. A sales scenario, where a customer had booked a basic car with zero extras. I had to encourage sales through upgrading to a higher category car and get the insurance waiver.
    The assessor played the part well (must have seen it too many times!) and made both scenarios difficult for me!

Final interview: Again, a competency based interview to measure experiences against competencies of the job role. Lasted around 40 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Be fully prepared for an expansive range of competency based questions which are designed to test both your prior experiences and how closely aligned these are with the core competencies of the position.
      Take time to compose your answers as any gaps will be picked up on and scrutinised irrespective of your academic achievements and transferable work experience, knowledge and skills.
      Prepare for how to act in the activities during the assessment day. The outcome of activities is not necessarily the most important aspect (although you should meet the objectives!). But rather what role you play within the group, how you justify your actions in the individual activity and how you act in the role-plays.
        Answer Question
    No negotiations on salary as these are set nationwide (varies depending on location). After asking, they also gave me an idea of the salary in the promoted positions (assistant/branch manager). The base salaries are fairly modest (also set depending on location), as earnings are dependent on the stores performance. Rough figures were provided based on the last 12 months. (Assistant manager £20-22k, Branch £30-33k+ company car).

Management Trainee Interview

Initial application process, with standard skills questions and lots of box ticking. Followed by a personality check. If successful, this is followed up with a 5 minute phone interview with a hiring manager. Then made the offer to interview at a branch, more proper formal interview. This was followed by a branch interview in the location you may be working, observing how the company worked for an hour, followed by an interview with the branch manager. Then invited to an assessment center filled with candidates applying for many different positions. Typical activities involved prioritizing issues in a group task, or an individual tasks regarding difficult customers or motivating employees. Finally driving assessment, basically a driving test which you must pass to be offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • What the company does? Enterprise works in quite a few different areas, and you need to know the major competitors for each as well as lots of info about the company. Easy questions apart from this though.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Online application, mainly asking about driving licence. This was quickly followed by an email arranging a date and time for a short telephone interview. The phone interview lasted approx 10 mins consisting of questions about my role in my present job.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example where you have had to use persuasion   Answer Question