Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Average Difficulty
799 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Heathrow, England

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2014.

Interview Details I completed the application online, and received an email scheduling a telephone interview with a couple of days. The application process itself was very easy, the form is short and there are some personality questions that took about 20 minutes to answer.

My telephone interview was quite short, no longer than 10 minutes. The questions asked were about my sales and customer service experience. I feel the interview is to confirm any experience, rather than getting a more in-depth idea of what you have done. I was also asked about my further career aspirations. The person on the phone was very pleasant and told me straight away that I would be invited for a second, face to face, interview.

The second interview was quite short as well, it lasted about 20 or 30 minutes. This was with one to one interview. We had a general chat and then I was asked about my sales and customer service experience. I was asked what I thought good customer service was, how to make sales, what work ethic is, and questions about career motivation.

Interview Question – What is work ethic?   Answer Question

Sheffield, England

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

Interview Details Applied for job online by submitting CV. Received email 2 days later offering me initial telephone interview. Asked about my experience in the competencies they were looking for (leadership, sales.) Received email the next day saying I had not been selected as they wanted a candidate with more sales experience.

Interview Question – None really, very basic during telephone interview. Know your CV inside out!   Answer Question

Heathrow, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2013.

Interview Details First process is the telephone interview, followed by an interview with the talent acquisition team, then an interview in a branch you could possibly be placed in, followed by an all day assessment centre, after this you find out if you have the job, once you have got the job they invite you to 1 week of training at head office where you stay over all expenses paid.

Interview Question – The scenario based questions which you go through with an area manager at the assessment centre.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was very simple as i knew i wanted the job, so as soon as i got it and passed every single stage which took 2months, i jumped at the chance and accepted straight away.

Management Trainee

I applied online and interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details Goes through a few stages, was fairly simple in initial application form process.

Got an email asking to set a telephone interview, earliest date was around 1.5 weeks away, took it and prepared through common questions and the the competencies Enterprise look for; Customer Service, Sales, Work Ethic, Leadership, Communication and Flexibility.

The day for phone interview came, waited 3 hours, and nothing came through. Had phone in front of me all the way through. Got an email saying they tried but couldn't get through - Doesn't make sense, phone was on and working fine. Wasted a morning which I could have been more productive.

Emailed back asking when it can be re-scheduled for, no response. Made a few calls to try get in-touch, still nothing.

Interview Question – About the Company   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Edinburgh, Scotland

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2012.

Interview Details The first stage was online application with a small test. Nothing too complicated, based on candidate's competencies.
At the next stage I was invited to one of the company's branches and had a face-to-face interview with the manager. The interview went well. It was intense with many examples from my previous positions and university achievements. I enjoyed the interview and opportunity to find out more about the role and company.
The next stage was the interview in Stirling with the Recruitment manager. Again competency questions, situational questions, examples, opportunity to ask own questions.
The fourth and the last stage was an assessment day. It took almost the whole day with a lunch break with pizza and opportunity to speak to the company representatives, as well as a Director from the USA office. The day was very intense. There were several stages. The first was a presentation stage. Each candidate introduced him/herself, then there was a presentation from the Recruitment Manager with a quiz for ice-breaking. Next candidates had a writing task. This involved scheduling a day at work, some calculations of car rents, scheduling drivers' timetable and so on. Another task was a group decision making process. The candidates had to choose one of the charity-support options and argue their choices. The main idea was to be active, defend your ideas, and be co-operative with other group members. The last task was an imaginary meeting with a client. One manager acted as a client and another was taking notes. Candidates were given different situations and had to persuade a client in the most profitable for the company solution. However, it was also important to retain good customer relations. The main goal was not to give up too quickly and continue persuading the "client" on the price, contract and so on.

After that long process I got a decline and was promised to be contacted by the Recruiting Manager for the feedback. However, it took me really a long time to get that feedback. The manager was busy all the time, and I could not contact him for a while. Eventually I ran into him at one event and got the feedback I wanted.

Interview Question – The task to persuade a client to close a deal, when he was completely against it.   View Answer

London, England

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in November 2013.

Interview Details So far so good. Applied online - online application + personality test, Short telephone Interview 5-10min, One to one interview on friday. Still in the process.

Interview Question – none yet, but I'm sure some will follow soon...   Answer Question

London, England

Interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Interview Details Informal phone interview, with general questions. Then I was invited to attend a one to one interview. It was about your leadership, customer care and sales skills. It was not very difficult if you have previous experience. Examples are crucial. The next stage would be a visit at a branch where you'll be meeting the manager who will ask you other questions to check again you customer care, leadership and sales skills.

Interview Question – I did not face with very tough questions.   Answer Question

Birmingham, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2013.

Interview Details The online application was straightforward. Personal details, education, work experience and any additional information (achievements, training etc..).

The next stage was a 30-minute telephone interview with a talent acquisition manager (this person was also at the assessment centre). We discussed the main points on my CV and then moved on to competency questions. These were in line with the jobs competencies (leadership, team work, sales, customer service, decision making...) so have some examples prepared!

The next stage was a branch visit. At the start, I was set a task by the branch manager to obtain specific information from all the employees at the branch (time at company, likes/dislikes of the job, hobbies etc...). This was an exercise to measure communication skills and get an idea of my personality. I then sat down with the manager and talked about the interview process and a normal day in the role amongst other things.
As this stage takes place at a working branch, you get to experience day-to-day tasks of the job. I experienced a complaint and went to pick up a customer during my visit.
After this, I completed an interview with the branch manager, which lasted around 40 minutes. There were several competency-based questions for each core competency of the job.

The next stage was the assessment center. A full day that consisted of; a group exercise, an individual exercise, role-play scenarios and a final interview.

Group exercise- We were all given information of the organisations background along with its core values. Also, we were each given a different business initiative and had to argue why our own should be chosen. We had a budget (meaning only a couple could be chosen) and had 30 minutes to decide which the group would choose, along with reasoning’s to be presented to the finance board (area managers).

Individual exercise- I was given 30 minutes to organise a day in the life of a branch manager. Of course, this was not made straight forward as employees had called in sick, cars were not ready to go out, the correct type of cars were not available for customers etc... I had to address this and draw up a fleet plan, employee duties plan, deal with customers and other issues.
As was explained, there was no one correct way to complete this, but I had to justify my plan.
The assessor was quite thorough and went through my whole plan, ensuring there was no holes in it. Probably the most difficult part of the day for me!

Role plays-2 different scenarios.
1. A customer service scenario, where a customer had not taken out the insurance waiver thus had to pay £500 before they left to cover damages that had incurred while they had the car.
2. A sales scenario, where a customer had booked a basic car with zero extras. I had to encourage sales through upgrading to a higher category car and get the insurance waiver.
The assessor played the part well (must have seen it too many times!) and made both scenarios difficult for me!

Final interview: Again, a competency based interview to measure experiences against competencies of the job role. Lasted around 40 minutes.

Interview Question – Be fully prepared for an expansive range of competency based questions which are designed to test both your prior experiences and how closely aligned these are with the core competencies of the position.
Take time to compose your answers as any gaps will be picked up on and scrutinised irrespective of your academic achievements and transferable work experience, knowledge and skills.
Prepare for how to act in the activities during the assessment day. The outcome of activities is not necessarily the most important aspect (although you should meet the objectives!). But rather what role you play within the group, how you justify your actions in the individual activity and how you act in the role-plays.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations on salary as these are set nationwide (varies depending on location). After asking, they also gave me an idea of the salary in the promoted positions (assistant/branch manager). The base salaries are fairly modest (also set depending on location), as earnings are dependent on the stores performance. Rough figures were provided based on the last 12 months. (Assistant manager £20-22k, Branch £30-33k+ company car).

Interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Interview Details Initial application process, with standard skills questions and lots of box ticking. Followed by a personality check. If successful, this is followed up with a 5 minute phone interview with a hiring manager. Then made the offer to interview at a branch, more proper formal interview. This was followed by a branch interview in the location you may be working, observing how the company worked for an hour, followed by an interview with the branch manager. Then invited to an assessment center filled with candidates applying for many different positions. Typical activities involved prioritizing issues in a group task, or an individual tasks regarding difficult customers or motivating employees. Finally driving assessment, basically a driving test which you must pass to be offered the position.

Interview Question – What the company does? Enterprise works in quite a few different areas, and you need to know the major competitors for each as well as lots of info about the company. Easy questions apart from this though.   Answer Question

Management Trainee

I applied online and interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details Online application, mainly asking about driving licence. This was quickly followed by an email arranging a date and time for a short telephone interview. The phone interview lasted approx 10 mins consisting of questions about my role in my present job.

Interview Question – Give me an example where you have had to use persuasion   Answer Question

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!