Epic Systems Corporation Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated 10 Mar 2015

3.1

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

I had two interviews, the first one was on the phone, it was really nothing, the interviewer didn't even know what project management is, I asked him about the methodology they use, etc...he seemed really unaware, the only thing he knew was that there are three different jobs in Epic; according to him: Project Manager, Software Developer and Technical Support.

The second interview was actually the test, the test was 4 main tests: The first was to answer 10 questions in 2 minutes, the other was the ability to learn a new language, the third was general thinking questions and the 4th was answering programming riddles, wasn't easy, if you were computer science you need to remember all these questions we used to solve about programming.
There was also another online test for personality.

I really don't know why the second test had to be so extreme in programming since I had applied to a project management position, but it seems project management in Epic is not like other companies, it's more of a "do everything" kind of jobs. My overall experience, I felt the recruiters are unprofessional and have really no idea about project management.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
  • What job do you want to be? Project Manager, Software Developer or Technical Support?   1 Answer
  • Are you authorized to work in the US?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

Applied through college/university. They flew me out to Madison, Wisconsin, where they are headquartered. The day consisted of a few interviews and a tour of the Epic campus. The interviews were pretty intense. I was given an offer a week later and I accepted.

Application

Interview

I sent in a very brief application after speaking to a recruiter at a job fair. I didn't think anything would come of it because the application was extremely brief but they contacted me about five days after saying they were interested in having me complete an online assessment and phone interview.

The interview is mostly for you to familiarize yourself with what the position entails, the programming is some pretty tough stuff that starts out very simple and gets confusing quickly if you have no experience with the topic. They do teach you everything however so you don't need coding knowledge, but it would help guarantee accuracy.

I heard that the GPA requirement for them is a 3.3 but they contacted me despite the fact that my GPA is a little lower. I'm also not a programmer so I think it might actually help if you have a more diverse skill set for the role of project manager: the person who I talked to told me that she didn't have any technical knowledge either when she applied.

I'm still waiting for a response back but I feel fairly optimistic. The test took about two hours for me and it was proctored by a company that watched me via webcam. It was very exhausting though, but I guess that's relative and I'm sure it would be a breeze for certain people.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Verona, WI (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by an on-site interview. The onsite was an 8 hour day meeting with people in the current position, HR reps, and eventually making a 15 minute presentation on something you enjoy. The whole day was pretty taxing, but EPIC is a rather demanding company. The interview fit the job requirements and expectations. A campus tour was included, and I had a chance to eat lunch with some employees currently in the position I was applying for.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in February 2015.

Interview

There are four (ish) steps to the application process.

First, the Epic recruiter at my university's career fair collected my resume, and had me fill out an online profile with general contact information, school, major, and G.P.A. This was on February 18th. On February 26th, I received an email from an H.R. representative asking to schedule a phone interview for the project manager/ implementation consultant position. After confirming my availability, I was scheduled for a phone interview on Wednesday, March 4th at 12:30 pm CT (10:30 am PST).

I was asked to complete a skills assessment test and a personality profile within five business days of the phone interview. The personality profile took approximately 30 minutes to complete and asked two types of questions. The first type of question listed four statements and had me select the one that was most true or most like me. After selecting the one that was most true or most like me, I had to repeat that process with the remaining three statements. The second type of question were math/logic puzzles.

The skills assessment test is proctored online by a third-party company called ProctorU. I scheduled my test for Monday, March 2nd. The skills assessment test is comprised of three sections. The first is a grammar/writing section, the second is a math/logic section, and the third is a programming section. The programming section includes progressive lessons for a made-up programming language designed to test my ability to learn new skills. The assessment test took a little under 2 hours to complete.

The phone interview was fairly informal. It lasted about thirty minutes. A current project manager asked questions about my resume and my interest in Epic. The second half of the interview was reserved for my questions about the company.

Two days after my phone interview, I received an email from H.R. saying that they had decided to move on to other candidates, however they thought that I would be a good candidate for the Quality Assurance position. This was on 3/5/2015. I will update this review as soon as I learn more.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2014.

Interview

First I had to enter my information on the Epic website. I was then instructed to take this online exam. Exam takes a few hours, but I had technical difficulties so the entire process ended up taking close to five hours. It had a verbal reasoning like section, a math section, and then a coding section. Afterwards, a phone interview was then setup. The interview itself takes abut 30 minutes, give or take.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of you showing leadership skill?

Why do you want to work here?

Answer Question

Application

Interview

The interview was so much fun! I really enjoyed being on the campus and learning about the position. The interview process was tiring, but extremely enjoyable. Everyone I met there was creative and intelligent - it was such a pleasure to meet so many wonderful people. I could really see myself being happy working with the people I met. I really enjoyed my experience and will recommend interviewing at Epic to my friends.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the interview was the presentation. I was nervous and the employees in the room weren't allowed to show any emotion. They didn't ask me many questions in this portion, either. I think it depends who you get in your session.

My HR interviewer also asked me questions like "How much do you speak in group projects" and wanted an exact number, which is very difficult to give.

Overall, it was a challenging but very fun experience.

Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

Didn't get the on-site. I guess I didn't pass the assessment. It was pretty difficult, especially the programming section. I had no experience with programming. I did do a phone interview and was told to wait to hear back further. Maybe a week later, I heard back that I didn't get an offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI (US)).

Interview

Straightforward and simple - I started a month after my initial application. It was a lovely interview - even with weather delays to my flight, they went out of their way to take care of me.

Interview Questions

• All were straightforward, but required adaptability and focus.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

Responses to emails were made in a timely manner and make themselves available to respond to any questions you have. I really enjoyed my phone interview. Most of the interview was consumed by a description of the company and small talk, but I think there were sufficient interview questions were asked. I think they have a huge preference for hiring very young people, right out of college, and have a high turnover rate so be aware that they are constantly interviewing people.