Epsilon Associate Business Systems Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 18 Jun 2014

2.8

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epsilon in April 2014.

I was initially recruited through my school and had a short conversation with someone from HR. It was super relaxed and, as this was one of my first interviews ever, I was put completely at ease. I moved on to the second and final round interview where they invited me and 4 other candidates on site. We had a short 20 minute discussion with two current employees and then moved on to 5-30 minute interviews with employees in various departments. All in all, it was a very comfortable interview process -- no trick questions, and it was very informative. At this point, I actually did not receive an offer. However, I had established a good relationship with my first recruiter who then pointed me in the direction of a position that had opened up in another department. From here I came in for an on-site interview where I met with the two people who would be my supervisors. Again, they were very informative discussions about the position, expectations, and my qualifications - nothing unexpected. There were no case studies and they were mostly behavioral questions with some superficial questions about my comfort with different programs. They gave me a really strict deadline of 9 days to accept/decline the offer, which forced me to speed through some of the other interviews I was going through around that time (in retrospect, this actually helped my job prospects, because other companies started taking me a little more seriously).

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to go to business school? I had never actually thought about the specifics, so be sure to be able to explain your short-term and long-term career goals.   Answer Question

I received a number of offers that paid a substantial amount more. The other companies also offered opportunities that were more in line with my long term career goals.

Other Interview Reviews for Epsilon

Associate Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Epsilon.

Interviewers were very friendly. I liked that I was interviewed by several people. I learned more about the company/role in my interview and was asked why I thought I would fit in at Epsilon. Interview seemed relaxed, similar to just having a conversation with interviewer. I would recommend taking an interview with Epsilon.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epsilon in November 2013.

The process started with an on campus interview with one mid-level manager, this was very straight forward, typical behavioral stuff. I was then contacted by a recruiter who scheduled me to come in to their Wakefield office for four 20 minute interviews. My interviews occurred simultaneously with the interviews for three other candidates. We first met with two current BSAs who went over their experiences and the different types of BSA roles at Epsilon. myself and the other interviewees were then split into four different rooms. The interviewers went from room to room, spending 20 minutes with each of us. The interviewers ranged from senior managers to a VP. The questions were still mostly behavioral, but there was a bit of technical question, such as my experience with developing and SQL. The were mostly interested in my experience with teams, how I tackle a problem etc.
    After the interview i heard back from the recruiter a couple of weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What type of BSA better suites your interests? Don't worry they explain the differences before hand.   Answer Question

I had another offer for a little bit more money in a different field that i found more interesting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Epsilon in November 2013.

I first applied through campus recruiting. I then had an interview on campus. This first interview asked me about my experience with SQL, but mostly behavioral.

I was emailed a few days later saying I made it to the second round of interviewing. I then went to the Wakefield office where I interviewed with five hiring managers. The questions were mainly behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Know information about current or past internships, I spoke heavily about these during the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epsilon in November 2013.

Got into the interview process through a referral, this is how Epsilon prefers to find new hires. First interview was over the phone with an HR rep and it consisted on basic behavioral questions to see if personalities matched. Second interview was an office visit. It consisted of 4 "mini" interviews with managers from different teams who were interviewing for their teams specifically. Questions revolved around whether or not I understood direct marketing, database operations, and Epsilon's history (acquisitions through Alliance Data). Each interviewer had their own personality and questions varied by the their portfolio (Internal, Pharma, Banking, etc.). After about a week, I received an email/call from the HR recruiter who conducted my first phone interview to explain my offer. Offer was standard and competitive in terms of salary and I had about 2 weeks to either accept or decline. Between accepting my offer and my start date (about 1.5 months) I was switched between teams and was not given a reason why.

Interview Questions
    • The company will teach you a lot, but experience in marketing (understanding concepts), direct marketing (understanding how it differs that "Mad Men" marketing), and database management will determine which team your put on. Hardest question to answer was "Do you understand Epsilon's business model" which is still tough to answer due to all the recent acquisitions and growth (through Alliance Data) Epsilon is experiencing.   Answer Question
    I had other offers that subsidized a low salary with relocation compensation. Epsilon offered a higher/more competitive salary but was unable to compensate for relocation (Indiana to Boston).

Associate Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Epsilon.

Applied through university's career website (after meeting reps at career fair) and was contacted for a first round interview. There were supposed to be two interviewers but one happened to have a call at the same time as my interview so I only had to deal with one person (this felt like they weren't putting importance on my interview and may have been a disadvantage). The interview was behavioural-based and relatively conversational and interviewer attempted to make it comfortable but seemed very forced.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with two managers giving high priority assignments with the same deadline and you can only feasibly accomplish one of the assignments?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epsilon.

The on-campus interview is a 2:1 interview - all behavioral based questions. If you have technical skills on your resume, be prepared to talk about them. The second round interview in the office was long - you meet 5 managers for 20 minutes each. They take about 2 weeks to get back to you with an answer.

Interview Questions
    • I had SQL on my resume, so they asked me to talk about the extent of my SQL experience.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Associate Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Epsilon in February 2013.

I went to SMU's career fair and meet with them at their booth. They were really nice and they seemed interested in me. I gave them my resume and they told me how to apply online. I got accepted to interview with them. All of the questions are behavioral. Make sure you know about the company too. They ask you why you would be a good fit for the company.

Associate Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epsilon in February 2013.

I applied through campus recruiting and then interviewed in the first round on campus. Then I moved on to a second round interview on their campus in Dallas.

Interview Questions
    • Give a situation where you had to work with a group member that was not doing their part.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Epsilon in November 2012.

I had a quick phone screening followed by two rounds of interview. The phone screening was pretty much information about the company and HR gauging my interest. First round I interviewed with 5 people. Second round I interviewed with 4. Everyone was really friendly and asked the usual behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • When considering Campaign vs Project-type BSA's- which type of Associate BSA role would you prefer and why?   Answer Question

Worked for Epsilon? Contribute to the Community!