Epsilon Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Epsilon.

Interview

Applied online, got an interview a week later. Was interviewed by a panel of 5 people which was a little intimidating at first but they were nice and welcoming. They kept me waiting a week and I had to follow it up with an email.

Interview Questions

• No screw-balls, simple enough questions. It was more to see my personality and if I fitted into the culture of the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Initially paid but due to financial reasons it became unpaid.

Social Media Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epsilon.

Interview

Short hiring process, accepted the job as a temp for 3 months before going full time. Everyone goes through a background check before getting hired.

I really enjoy my senior management. Been there for over a year now.

Negotiation

I was given more than I asked for salary-wise as a consultant and then the "bonus" was taken away when I became a full-time employee... that was pretty crummy.

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epsilon (Irving, TX (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied via main website, had a brief phone conversation, and finished with a face-to-face.

There were four white board problems, of fairly equal difficultly (but fairly simple):
    (1) select which records aren't in the join of two simple tables
    (2) figure out what was wrong with the precedence of a C# try-catch-finally with two catches
    (3) write the syntax to shade a div in JQuery
    (4) write a simple class that uses an interface

Interview Questions

• I expected a little better opportunity to demonstrate real-life skills than pure on-demand white-boarding   1 Answer

Lead BSA Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Epsilon.

Interview

in person interview with about 15 people from few different groups then online technical test to make sure my skill set matched with what they needed. some group came late so asked same question again. the process was good and respond was quick.

Interview Questions

• none really - it was very standard question. but definitely they asked me "Tell me about yourself"

Answer Question

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Epsilon.

Interview

Found the job online. From resume submission, the interview process was about 6 weeks. There was a phone screen and in-person interview. Very basic questions that centered on personality and work ethic.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. I was given the salary and I accepted.

Developer Interview

Interview

If you have a heart beat your hired! They put little effort into the hiring process which is probably because they don't want you see through the smokey mirror.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I stalled on accepting the offer so they up the offer.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Epsilon.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. They were looking for recent grads so I thought it was a scam. Turns out they're legit. Although the annoying job title is still misleading ... this is a sales job, but it seems like no company is willing to just come out and say that. I guess because who wants to go into sales?

I had a phone interview with someone at HQ since I live out of state from where they were hiring. The phone interview was pretty standard, lasted about 10 minutes, and asked mostly about my experiences on my resume and some behavioral questions. After that, I was surprised to hear that they wanted to fly me out. The phone interview went fine, but it wasn't phenomenal or anything.

So a few days later I was on a plane. It was a little annoying that they scheduled interview so close to when my flight landed as I had to catch a cab and the ride lasted 40 minutes, which ended in me being nearly 10 minutes late. I also didn't have any contact numbers for the people I was actually interviewing with, but fortunately they were understanding.

The interview was panel style, meaning I was at the head of a big intimidating conference table and being grilled by 5 people at once. I prepared quite a bit beforehand using questions from glassdoor and other standard interview questions, which served me well. With a panel style interview, you tend to get that 'good cop/ bad cop' dynamic. I felt like I was able to win some of them over but others remained stony faced and unimpressed. I was easily able to answer questions about my college and internship experiences as well as the really standard interview questions (like greatest strength and greatest weakness, tell me about yourself, why Epsilon, favorite and least favorite courses in college) but some of the 'bad cop' questions caught me for a loop. It turns out they would like to know more about you as a person and I did stutter on those questions. I wasn't expecting to be asked my favorite brands or what my hobbies are. Overall, none of them were very friendly and it was definitely not a relaxed atmosphere (as I have read in some other reviews)

The interview lasted about 30 minutes, which was shorter than the 45 minute allotted time but maybe that was due to my tardiness. I was also told by HQ that they were going to plan a lunch with myself and other recent grad hires from the previous year, but even after mentioning that to my interviewers, they seemed to either know nothing about it or had decided I wasn't worthy of it. Either way, it didn't happen and I ended up with quite a bit of free time to kill before my flight back.

My interview was one month ago and I haven't heard a thing from them since, even after following up and sending thank you cards. I have read on other reviews that this company tends to just go dark on people, which I think is very unprofessional. It isn't difficult to send out generic rejection emails to those you interviewed with in person, especially those who flew in from out of state. I can't say I'm too disappointed though. I asked them almost as many questions as they asked me during the interview and their answers were not satisfactory. Either they couldn't answer or their answers were very telling (ie when I asked them all to tell me what they liked best about working at Epsilon, they looked uncomfortable and struggled to come up with answers. After the first two people struggled through their answers, the rest of them kind of copied answers). All in all, just because you get flown in doesn't mean you got the job and it certainly doesn't mean you'll ever hear from them again in any way. They did cover the pricy plane ticket and some very expensive cab fare though... so their loss.

Also, for a recent college grad like myself, being flown out somewhere for an interview is quite an experience. I've never done a panel style interview either, so I feel that I at least improved my interviewing skills throughout this process.

Interview Questions

• Getting asked about my personal hobbies, my favorite brands (and why), especially after already being asked the "tell me about yourself" question   1 Answer

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Epsilon (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Job was posted on LinkedIn October 20. I applied via LinkedIn on November 2. On November 11 I received an email from an Epsilon HR recruiter with some further questions. I emailed her some short answers and scheduled a phone call to go a bit further in depth. The next day, I spoke on the phone with the recruiter and did an initial phone screen. November 13 a second recruiter emailed me with direction from the first to schedule an in-person interview for me. I sent a "Thank you" note to the first recruiter that day. November 17 I met with the hiring manager for around an hour. Sent a "thank you" note to her that afternoon. November 18 I got an email from the second recruiter to schedule a second in-person interview to meet with the first recruiter and the Senior VP of client services. November 24 I met with the SVP for an hour as well. The first recruiter requested 3 business references that day. All three of them received a call that day. I received an email late that night to follow up from my meeting with the SVP. On November 25, I answered a call from the first recruiter with a job offer.

Both people from the HR department were very friendly and informative. They were always open to my questions and were clear in answering them. They always were in a good mood. The hiring manager was very direct and clear in her questions, but that comes from knowing what she was looking for, and knowing what she wanted for this position. The SVP was also very knowledgable, and forthcoming about the needs for the department.

Interview Questions

• What did you like least about your last position?   1 Answer
    • What would your previous managers say about you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

In my first phone screen I was asked my salary requirements. I gave a range. The verbal offer given was at the top of my original requirements. I did some further research and found the national average was a bit higher than I had suggested, and asked if they could come in closer to that, I'd sign it right away. HR spoke with the hiring manager, they accepted my counter-offer, and HR emailed me back with the new higher offer.

Interview

Pretty standard on campus recruiting process. I applied through my school's website and was contacted to do an interview on campus at my school's career center about a week later. The recruiter was very friendly and informative and the interview was fairly casual with your standard behavioral questions. Nothing too technical, mostly just about myself and my resume and skills, etc. I have not yet heard back about a second round interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used your problem solving and analytical skills   Answer Question

Database Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epsilon.

Interview

HR contacted me and scheduled for initial telephone screening. Later I got a call to visit campus for 4 rounds of interviews. The first two rounds were technical, by a senior developer and technical manager. Second two rounds was discussion about my projects and experiences by higher level managers.